Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2019, 01:01 PM

330 posts, read 178,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
65% of “these people” have called LA home for over 20 years. Many for their entire lives. Another approximately 25% have called it home for 10-20 years. Many have family and friends and other connections (good and bad) in the area. Many hope to regain housing and employment. 75% of homeless DO rehouse in less than one year. Many of them also become employed again if they were ever out of work. It varies from time to time, but between 15% and over 30% ARE working either part or full time but not earning enough to rent or can’t qualify for a rental based on today’s landlord internet background checks.

Very few, less than 10%, are transient bums livin’ large, basking in the good life on the beach.

You sound envious. Frustrated you have to work? Give homelessness a try! Maybe you’ll love it!
You have a vivid imagination, don't you?

I don't mind working and I have no desire to move to California (but if I did, it would be San Diego).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 01:04 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delunsa View Post
George Costanza said "Just remember, Jerry ... It's not a lie ... if YOU believe it."

That's what seems to be going on with you.
Well, here’s the thing about that and about me: I don‘t live by “beliefs”. I live by facts, science, and logic. I have backed up every statistic I quote, many many many times.

Here’s the thing about people like yourself who troll threads with repetitious myths, fictions, and false equivalencies hoping to start flame wars: they can’t back up the garbage they post.

Here’s the thing about you quoting George Costanza as an erudite source of wisdom to validate your trolling: roflmmfao.

Old 11-17-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
You have a vivid imagination, don't you?

I don't mind working and I have no desire to move to California (but if I did, it would be San Diego).
No imagination. Just the facts.

Keep trolling. Or, for something different, disprove my posts with some research.

Old 11-17-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Well, here’s the thing about that and about me: I don‘t live by “beliefs”. I live by facts, science, and logic. I have backed up every statistic I quote, many many many times.

Here’s the thing about people like yourself who troll threads with repetitious myths, fictions, and false equivalencies hoping to start flame wars: they can’t back up the garbage they post.

Here’s the thing about you quoting George Costanza as an erudite source of wisdom to validate your trolling: roflmmfao.
Except you're picking out statistics that fit your agenda. It's not reality.

Your 'logic' is questionable at best.

Old 11-17-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Except you're picking out statistics that fit your agenda. It's not reality.
Then you should have no trouble disproving what I post. Demonstrate the facts of your accusations.

Old 11-17-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
No imagination. Just the facts.

Keep trolling. Or, for something different, disprove my posts with some research.
Do your own research.

Here's your homework for the day - Walk around a homeless encampment and tell us how many are working people down on their luck.
You don't live anywhere near any of that mess, do you?

Old 11-17-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Do your own research.

Here's your homework for the day - Walk around a homeless encampment and tell us how many are working people down on their luck.
You don't live anywhere near any of that mess, do you?
Delunsa, I HAVE done my own research. For years. And posted it copiously in these CD forums. And I have helped veterans and others with housing and medical and benefits acquisition issues. For years. And, yeah, I DO live adjacent to the second most densely populated by homeless district in San Diego.

So, at this point, I have given you plenty of opportunity to be factually responsive and you just troll. So, that’s it hoss. Read TOS.

Old 11-17-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Delunsa, I HAVE done my own research. For years. And posted it copiously in these CD forums. And I have helped veterans and others with housing and medical and benefits acquisition issues. For years. And, yeah, I DO live adjacent to the second most densely populated by homeless district in San Diego.

So, at this point, I have given you plenty of opportunity to be factually responsive and you just troll. So, that’s it hoss. Read TOS.
Except your research fits your agenda.

I know what I see at the homeless camps near me - and it's not working people down on their luck.

Last edited by delunsa; 11-17-2019 at 01:31 PM..

Old 11-17-2019, 04:23 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,655,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

Column: ‘You have no idea the hell I was living’: When an L.A. homeless camp rises outside your window:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...e-perspectives
That link is behind a paywall. Is there a non-paywall version?

Old 11-17-2019, 04:30 PM

26,747 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
That link is behind a paywall. Is there a non-paywall version?
Did you try pasting the link into another browser? Non-subscribers to the L.A. Times are supposed to get a certain number of articles free per month. And Lopez is good. This was part one of a multi-part series about his interaction with L.A. homeless people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles