Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2020, 11:33 AM

4,539 posts, read 10,657,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
As I said earlier, exit the 110 south at Vernon and take flower st down a couple miles and tell me what problems the city is solving.
I invite everyone to do this so you can see what bs the assertions that the homeless aren’t creating the filth are.

Tents taking up sidewalks, trash from the homeless hoarders everywhere, trailers and tent trailers with buckets to collect feces. Lovely. None of that should be allowed. It should be immediate arrest and removal.

That is if you gave a crap at all about the people living there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2020, 11:36 AM

21,832 posts, read 16,502,114 times
Quote:
Nope. Clean the streets, move the homeless. Don’t care how. Your apologies and stalling only hurt those who live in proximity.

As I said earlier, exit the 110 south at Vernon and take flower st down a couple miles and tell me what problems the city is solving.

Only took 3-4 years to create the problem at its current magnitude. They’ve now been working on a solution for 3-4 years with the result of making the problem worse.

Excuses over. Fix the problem and fix it now. Your post is straight BS.
Not a single “apology” anywhere in my postings.

Nothing I said “hurts” anyone (except maybe the feelings of those who post ignorantly about issues they know nothing about).

Don’t need to take Flower Street to see what you are talking about. Homelessness is quite apparent lots of places. Never suggested otherwise. Just pointed out that your examples and accusations aren’t based in reality.

The magnitude of the problem grows as affordable housing inventory shrinks and income disparity increases.

YOU fix the problem, since you think you know how. Lmfao. Fact is, you can’t do squat. Because you don’t know what you’re talking about, for starters.

Speaking of BS: I just eviscerated your little list of trash and disease issues ... and you can’t dispute the truth of what I presented. Or you would have. Nothing but bloviation from you here.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:05 PM

8,297 posts, read 23,182,823 times
Let's review some of the policies or ideas; let's hand out free condoms, free birth control, free drug needles, tents, tarps, mattresses, let's give them a designated place to stay where they won't be harassed.

What you are doing is enabling them, giving them a place to continue their lifestyle and a lot if not most is by choice. As someone who used to work the streets and actually try to help the homeless many want to be left alone and be homeless, sorry to say but you can't help those people. Now there are legit people who need a helping hand, that's where actually getting to know these people and sift through the lost causes is what you have to do.

What to do about this current homeless issue is different than how to help the homeless, the numbers are now so large and the problem is out of control so now you are actually fighting a different issue. It's like a person who is so far behind in debt that there is nothing they can do because they let the problem get out of hand and now it's not feasible to get out of debt, you're just treading water until you drown.

People now flock to SF and LA to be homeless, word has gotten out about Vegas as well.

When you hand out money or anything else to a homeless person you might as well be sticking the needle in their arm or pouring the booze down their throat because all you're doing is paying their rent in the gutter for another day.

Giving money to a homeless person at an off ramp is not moral, you can make the argument it's immoral.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Not a single “apology” anywhere in my postings.

Nothing I said “hurts” anyone (except maybe the feelings of those who post ignorantly about issues they know nothing about).

Don’t need to take Flower Street to see what you are talking about. Homelessness is quite apparent lots of places. Never suggested otherwise. Just pointed out that your examples and accusations aren’t based in reality.

The magnitude of the problem grows as affordable housing inventory shrinks and income disparity increases.

YOU fix the problem, since you think you know how. Lmfao. Fact is, you can’t do squat. Because you don’t know what you’re talking about, for starters.

Speaking of BS: I just eviscerated your little list of trash and disease issues ... and you can’t dispute the truth of what I presented. Or you would have. Nothing but bloviation from you here.
Clean the streets boss.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:59 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,742,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
There's a Prop 47 thread here somewhere....post your complaints there. And with all the contacts in law enforcement you that say you have, why not do something about the problem instead of complaining? Volunteer at a shelter? Serve a meal?
Another poster brought it up. Furthermore, you're trying to put me on the defensive with a bad basis to begin with, and I'm not going along with it.

Old 02-09-2020, 01:48 PM

26,854 posts, read 27,031,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Another poster brought it up. Furthermore, you're trying to put me on the defensive with a bad basis to begin with, and I'm not going along with it.
What's a "bad basis"? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 02-09-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
As someone who used to work the streets and actually try to help the homeless many want to be left alone and be homeless, sorry to say but you can't help those people.
Not necessarily. Scroll back on this thread.

Myth: Homeless people prefer living on the streets.

It sounds crazy, but we hear this all the time from people who don’t know any better. The truth is this:
https://everyoneinla.org/three-myths-homelessness-la/

Myth: Homelessness is a choice.

Dispelling myths about California’s homeless:
https://www.politifact.com/californi...nias-homeless/

Myths, like homeless problem, not going away
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...ay-7238304.php

Quote:
Now there are legit people who need a helping hand, that's where actually getting to know these people and sift through the lost causes is what you have to do.
Was this in L.A. or in Milwaukee? When you worked with the homeless, what worked?

Quote:
People now flock to SF and LA to be homeless, word has gotten out about Vegas as well.
What "word" is that? Another myth that isn't true. Scroll back.

Old 02-09-2020, 03:01 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,742,846 times
Quote:
What's a "bad basis"? I have no idea what you're talking about.
Implicitly, you're saying that part of the blame for shoplifting in CA is because of my inaction.

Old 02-09-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Not necessarily. Scroll back on this thread.

Myth: Homeless people prefer living on the streets.

It sounds crazy, but we hear this all the time from people who don’t know any better. The truth is this:
https://everyoneinla.org/three-myths-homelessness-la/

Myth: Homelessness is a choice.

Dispelling myths about California’s homeless:
https://www.politifact.com/californi...nias-homeless/

Myths, like homeless problem, not going away
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...ay-7238304.php

Was this in L.A. or in Milwaukee? When you worked with the homeless, what worked?

What "word" is that? Another myth that isn't true. Scroll back.
Yet for all the yammering and explaining and justifying, the problem only exploded around 2013 and just keeps getting worse.

Stunningly mostly in City of LA and not much at all in surrounding cities.

Time for the politicians to clean up the streets and move the homeless away.

Old 02-09-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Time for the politicians to clean up the streets and move the homeless away.
Denver's attempt:

"In Denver, Colorado, the (homeless) problem has grown in pace with national trends, with one local study showing that at least 5,755 homeless people reside in the Mile High City.

So when a Quality Inn and Suites located on a major road went up for sale, the president of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless (CCH) saw the perfect opportunity to turn the former hotel into a place where unhoused residents could rebuild their lives."

Denver Nonprofit Buys Hotel, Transforms It Into 139 Mini-Apartments for the Homeless:
https://themindunleashed.com/2020/02..._W5G_eYGH65jI8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles