Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 08:26 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
It was a far left Communist judge that did this.
Of course. Texas is loaded with far-left judges ... they get elected by all the far left Communist cowboys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 08:51 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Of course. Texas is loaded with far-left judges ... they get elected by all the far left Communist cowboys.
Commie cowpokes?

Old 05-06-2020, 09:22 PM

460 posts, read 232,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I used to think until a few years ago the Millennials who get a bad rap were the most entitled, but I started to realize seniors can be the worst.
Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:30 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,303,880 times
Quote:
Luther did it to herself. She opened in defiance of the Executive Order. Good for her.

But then she received a "cease and desist" order. That is the time to go to court and fight the order, not tear it up. She was jailed not for reopening her business early, but for defying a court order. That is a bad idea.

We don't want dictators, but neither do we want anarchy.

Old 05-07-2020, 12:08 AM

172 posts, read 362,628 times
Quote:
Exactly. Dallas is also very liberal but don't let facts get in the way of a flimsy narrative.

Old 05-07-2020, 08:02 AM

26,746 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
He in fact has acted like a dictator, deciding to reopen the schools in July. Without so much as a any conversation to anyone in education? First off, it's pretty much basic knowledge that school districts throughout the state are the ones who make that decision.
Yes. LAUSD is planning on opening the 2020-2021 school year on August 18 per their superintendent.

Quote:
The US in case you aren't aware is lagging behind many other countries as it is.
Yes, most of us are aware of this.

Quote:
Ever think about those who are living in domestic abuse situations, women and children who were in already bad situations, this is a life or death issue.
Yes, I've been told that domestic violence has increased dramatically since the quarantine started. It's horrible.

Quote:
Are you also aware of the doctors who have been vocal about being coerced to list many deaths as due to COVID 19, when they have patients who for example were dyeing of congestive heart failure of Stage 4 cancer?
No; would love to see credible links about that information. It's been debated frequently.

Quote:
The reason I mentioned Tom Hayden is to show that one poster, who thinks if you don't like Newsom you must be a Trumpster….shows just how blind some people are. Newsflash you can disapprove of both, or of a certain individual, any thinking person knows that...the key word of course is thinking.
Of course. As said multiple times before, few of us were happy with our choices for the candidates for governor in 2018.

Quote:
Let's see what happens, there is an anger and a frustration building, shut down has gone on long enough.
Yes, it's been a long haul. And no doubt that Newsom is still learning that he can't do his job without others' input.

A governor has tremendous power after he declares a statewide emergency. But any edicts require local cooperation to enforce his orders and provide medical care.

“We have a democratic system of government based on the consent of the governed,” says Democratic consultant Garry South, former chief strategist for Davis. “If the governed start withdrawing their consent, you have a problem.

“I think Newsom has handled it skillfully.”

Bob Shrum, director of the Center for the Political Future at USC, says, “The folks conducting protests are a noisy minority….

“If I were running the government, I would listen to scientists and health directors.”

Newsom is. But as an elected politician, he also knows it’s wise to listen to everyone.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...usiness-voters

Old 05-07-2020, 09:33 AM

8,343 posts, read 6,436,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Luther did it to herself. She opened in defiance of the Executive Order. Good for her.

But then she received a "cease and desist" order. That is the time to go to court and fight the order, not tear it up. She was jailed not for reopening her business early, but for defying a court order. That is a bad idea.

We don't want dictators, but neither do we want anarchy.
Their letting real criminals out of jail but they jail this lady, extreme goverment overreach.

Old 05-07-2020, 03:31 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Yes. LAUSD is planning on opening the 2020-2021 school year on August 18 per their superintendent.

Yes, most of us are aware of this.

Yes, I've been told that domestic violence has increased dramatically since the quarantine started. It's horrible.

No; would love to see credible links about that information. It's been debated frequently.

Of course. As said multiple times before, few of us were happy with our choices for the candidates for governor in 2018.

Yes, it's been a long haul. And no doubt that Newsom is still learning that he can't do his job without others' input.

A governor has tremendous power after he declares a statewide emergency. But any edicts require local cooperation to enforce his orders and provide medical care.

“We have a democratic system of government based on the consent of the governed,” says Democratic consultant Garry South, former chief strategist for Davis. “If the governed start withdrawing their consent, you have a problem.

“I think Newsom has handled it skillfully.”

Bob Shrum, director of the Center for the Political Future at USC, says, “The folks conducting protests are a noisy minority….

“If I were running the government, I would listen to scientists and health directors.”

Newsom is. But as an elected politician, he also knows it’s wise to listen to everyone.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...usiness-voters
The bolded parts, actually many do not know how far the US is now lagging behind in other countries, it's been going on for many years. Unless they have school age children, people for the most part don't pay attention.

I am glad you think the increase of the rate of domestic abuse is horrific because it is, and not just here in CA. There already have been deaths increasing since the lockdown.

Sorry, but just like I won't give Trump a pass for "not knowing", neither does Newsom deserve one either. He doesn't know what he can and cannot do? He didn't consult with anyone in education in the state before announcing the schools are opening in July. Didn't know the various school districts decide their own dates. Did you see the reaction of the teachers? Not good.

And to just say now(he never mentioned it in his almost daily speeches) that EDD is almost depleted out of funds, and the system is broken and the many unemployed are getting angry because the online system has glitches, and forget calling in.

He acted like the person who hasn't paid their car note in 6 months, and is shocked to find it missing from their driveway.

No, by his actions regarding just these two items, the schools and the mess that is EDD, he isn't wise, he's on a power trip, no different than the one in the WH.

You see having too much ego, and thinking you have too much power isn't good. Doesn't matter what party they belong to.

He got high marks in the beginning, but he overplayed is hand. Than the two items I just mentioned, bad leadership is bad leadership. Doesn't matter if they're right wing or left wing.

It's too bad so many Americans can't see that.

Quote:
Their letting real criminals out of jail but they jail this lady, extreme goverment overreach.
Now this poster and I have pretty much different viewpoints on a lot of subjects.

But this is the absolute truth. And if these criminals have no family who will take them in, they will be out and about. 250 as of last week, with more to come.

So nowhere to go and no money, what could possibly go wrong?

Old 05-07-2020, 06:20 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,303,880 times
Quote:
I don't think serious offenders should be released from jail, and some have. That is horrible.

But for Luther, there has to be some remedy for a person who ignores a court order.

What would you do, if you issued a fine and she didn't pay it? Issued another Cease & Desist and she ignored it?

At some point a scoff law has to face consequences for the good of society.

Old 05-07-2020, 08:24 PM

8,343 posts, read 6,436,914 times
It was a black judge and a white lady, imagine if it was the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles