Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 11:19 PM

149 posts, read 567,757 times

Advertisements

Yeah I hope Santa Monica will be heaven because I need it. I mean I am a loser for making a big deal about the whether but I hate the cold I do not do well in cold whether I know California will not be as hot as Miami beach or some other tropical paradise but I am damn well sure it will not be New York City specifically Manhattan. I work right across the street from South Street Sea Port and I have to say here in the Wall Street area it is so damn cold going out for lunch is a pain because I freeze my ass and I hate the fact I am right next to the East River because the closer you are to the water the colder it is. New York's whether was very horrible last week but it not brutally cold anymore thank Christ the whether still sucks but it is barley tolerable but it is okay for now. I don't think I will be going to LA this winter cause of a lot of stuff I need to take care of work and stuff. I also need to attend Jury duty and I will freeze my ass while I am on my way. My uncle and aunt said that the whether in LA is very cld these days. I checked the whether channel and the whether seems great to me but like I said over and over Californians have a different idea of cold for God sakes my aunt thinks 65 degrees is below freezing this really pisses me off so much. Oh well even if the whether is cold I still want to move to California because I am tired of this Manhattan life the hustle ad bustle of the city working on Wall street and having to walk so damn fast getting caught in the extremely crowded streets and the jam packed subways not being able to find parking. California is so much more laid back even if it takes forever to drive from one place to another I would rather be stuck in California traffic than continue to live here. This thread keeps growing guys lets make it grow even more arguing about the whether and stuff and I will continue to be loser.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:03 PM

142 posts, read 272,851 times
ive lived in california my hole life most of my life in los angels with one year in san francisco and one in palm springs and it does not et that cold in los angeles it gets cold but not that cold it maybe get to 40-30 in the winter in the dead of night i know this becouse i used to work the midnight shift at a warhouse and hade to war a heavy sweater maybe 1 month out of the year the reast of the time i could bring a tshirt and be confortable so its always great here there are those bad days but they are to few to worry about

Old 12-28-2008, 11:12 PM

15 posts, read 40,211 times
it does get cold in LA but however i dont think it gets as cold as some other states and stuff. I live in Hermosa Beach and i dont really get that cold but other people might get colder easier.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:32 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
It was about 60 and sunny today when I was out and so many people were dressed in heavy jackets, knit caps, and scarves it was funny. The sun felt plenty warm for me in just jeans and a shirt.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:41 AM

Yeah my uncle and aunt say it is freezing cold these days over there and I cannot argue with them because they are older and they are right. They said it is as cold as New York City. I mean right now is the perfect time to freeze your ass is beautiful Manhattan. Come on down to Manhattan where you will get frostbite maybe freeze to death if you stand outside for a couple seconds but it is all fantastic here in the sub zero freezing frostbitten cloudy tall building extremely crowded big rat infested not really open 24 hours like people say economy ruining Great Wonderful City Whoo Hoo I heart NY

Old 12-30-2008, 02:30 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,694,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda104 View Post
Hey guys please help me out I am moving to LA in less than a year and I keep asking people the same question DOES IT GET COLD IN LA CALIFORNIA!!!!
I get the same answer YES! My mom tells me that it does get cold in California!
I always thought it was warm all year round! COLD! please some one tell me this is not true!

I am from New York to me cold is 30 degrees thats cold!

I want to know if it goes below 30 degrees on average in the months of December to May like it does here in New York?

My uncle says it gets cold but not as cold as New York. My uncle has been living there for 50 years so I am pretty sure I can trust him. I know it does not snow in LA.

I am moving with my family in LA for a ton of reasons but one of them is the weather here in NY will destroy me. It gets so cold I can not take it.

I went to visit LA in the August that just passed every day was extremely warm but at night it got cool my California buddies were like "hey man you are not cold" I was like no! 60 degrees is cold? are you kidding? it was no less than 60 sometimes 50 I mean one needs a jacket or a sweater but nothing more than that. In New York people walk in short when it is 60 degrees thats a treat!

I have never visited LA in any other seasons besides June thru August before so I personally don't know how cold it gets.

So please I need someone who lives in LA for more than a year to tell me how cold does it really get. And if you are familiar with New York weather does it kick New York's ass in having nice weather?

Ok let me be more specific do you need a coat to go outside in the months of December thru April like here in NY?

Does it get unbearably cold like New York? what's the coldest it will ever get? and how often does it get that cold?

So please someone from LA tell me how cold it gets and I am not talking about the mountains please I know about how cold it gets and it snows up there blah blah!

Also what are the best months for truly great fantastic warm weather in which I am in desperate need of knowing?

I am sorry to be a loser and ask this and I know I sound like a maniac but I am stressed and I really want to answer this question just to get it off my mind. SO please share your knowledge of how cold it gets in LA. Thank You so much for your help.

Also if you know how cold does it get in Anaheim and Burbank. Thanks.

Wow what a long post. To answer your question, in LA it usually doesn't drop below 40 degrees and when it does it is quite rare. But that depends where you choose to live. The coldest it has usually gotten is to around 38. Personally, I wouldn't mind 38 at all.

I wouldn't move to somewhere only because of the weather and climate if I was in your situation. Maybe New York isn't the problem, but the way your outlook is about the situation might be the problem.

I would suggest you think about it long and hard before you make a cross country move like this. Its not easy to relocate and its alot of work.

Don't you find anything positive about New York? Surely it can't be that bad.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
High temperature was 76F in LA yesterday [over 80F in some inland cities like Rialto & Riverside]. More of the same today Watch the Rose parade & game on TV in a few days if you want to see what Los Angeles looks like on a winter day. Go USC!

Old 01-04-2009, 02:36 PM

Hey guys it will be 70 degrees sometime next week that sounds great especially due to the fact that it is sub zero in New York these days. These few days will decide wether or not I will move to California or not. Yeah things are up in the air but if everything goes well God willing I will be out of this cloudy cold city once and for all.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:48 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
The leaves on the trees did not start to turn yellow until early December.
And there are still leaves on some trees even though we are into January!
(see first photo).

The second photo shows the view from an upstairs window... the evergreen trees seen here will look like this all winter.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:52 AM

Hey Fleet thanks for showing the pictures they are beautiful and I am definitely in the mood to hurry and get to Los Angeles. Trust me you do not want to see pictures of New York City in the winter. I was just outside and here in lower Manhattan it looks horrible and it will continue to look ugly until like Mayish. Like I said before the coldest month here is March and I am trying to hurry up and leave not only for the weather but to hurry up and move already. Tired of New York especially the fact that my grandmother passed away and I have a lot of family business to take care of over in LA because My mother and I are actually moving over there with the rest of my family.

I cannot wait to move life is too depressing here in New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles