Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:57 PM

485 posts, read 1,703,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
The only time I've ever worn gloves was when I'd ride my bike in the early mornings in winter and the wind chill would get to my hands. And I've never in my life entertained the idea of a scarf.
You must wear a turtleneck then, ha ha. It seriously does get cold in LA in the winter.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:35 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,608,722 times
Quote:
The only time I've ever worn gloves was when I'd ride my bike in the early mornings in winter and the wind chill would get to my hands. And I've never in my life entertained the idea of a scarf.
I've seen a few people wearing a scarf around here from December to March. I certainly wouldn't. The theory I have is that some people want to pretend that there are four distinct seasons in LA and wearing winter clothes, even when it's not necessary, helps them to convince themselves that it's "winter time".

Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
We get rain and winter here, sometimes on both days.
Rest of the 362 days it is t-shirts and sandals.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:44 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsystar View Post
You must wear a turtleneck then, ha ha. It seriously does get cold in LA in the winter.
Nope. Just a shirt. The warmest thing I wear here is a medium jacket. Its heavier than a sweat shirt but nowhere near being ski jacket. Even that only comes out a few times a year.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:25 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Californians, and I'd also lump Arizonans in this group, are the biggest p*ssies in the world when it comes to weather. No offense, as I've met a lot of great people here, but when it comes to the weather you guys really are.

Quote:
Nope. Just a shirt. The warmest thing I wear here is a medium jacket. Its heavier than a sweat shirt but nowhere near being ski jacket. Even that only comes out a few times a year.
You should be ready for living in Colorado then. Even there people rarely "bundle up." You'll want to buy a ski jacket but you probably will only need it on a few dozen or so winter nights when the wind is blowing cold or on a really bad snowstorm or if you actually go skiing. Even then if you're just going from your heated car to a heated building and not actually going to be outside you don't really need a ski coat. During the day in the winter there even if the temperatures are in the 20s and 30s, if it's sunny, you'll see people going out with short sleeves and no jacket at all. You sure as heck wouldn't want to be caught dead as a man wearing a scarf in Denver-- unless if you wanted to come across as "effeminate."

Old 10-26-2008, 11:57 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,138,999 times
http://www.weather.com/outlook/event...forecast_link4
^^^^ The temperture of LA. No BS or opinionated comments.

From the comments on this thread, it appears that Californians, like vegaspilgrim said, are p**sies when it comes to weather. I just moved to the midwest from California, and 50 degrees is nice and warm!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:18 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,203,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Californians, and I'd also lump Arizonans in this group, are the biggest p*ssies in the world when it comes to weather. No offense, as I've met a lot of great people here, but when it comes to the weather you guys really are.

You should be ready for living in Colorado then. Even there people rarely "bundle up." You'll want to buy a ski jacket but you probably will only need it on a few dozen or so winter nights when the wind is blowing cold or on a really bad snowstorm or if you actually go skiing. Even then if you're just going from your heated car to a heated building and not actually going to be outside you don't really need a ski coat. During the day in the winter there even if the temperatures are in the 20s and 30s, if it's sunny, you'll see people going out with short sleeves and no jacket at all. You sure as heck wouldn't want to be caught dead as a man wearing a scarf in Denver-- unless if you wanted to come across as "effeminate."
I believe this is why people are willing to live in L.A. Living in Arizona is another story and it is usually more for affordability than the weather. I see more people trying to get out of Arizona to colder climates but cannot sell their homes because they are so upside down in what they owe vs. what their homes are worth.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:15 PM

149 posts, read 567,867 times
Ok I understand all of the comments are opinions.

I mean it gets chilly but not a cold as New York! I understand now

I can bet my life savings that it will never be 7 degrees in Southern California

The weather in California is beautiful even when it is considered "cold"

I guess I have a different definition of "cold" as long as it is not lower than 30

California weather kicks the ass out of New York

One of my cousins friends said that it gets "cold" in Los Angeles He said it gets so cold that you need a scarf and gloves... Thats Bull ****! I think that person or who ever wears that on a regular "cold day" in Los Angeles needs to get shot!

In conclusion NO it does not get "cold in Southern California! and I don't give a **** who disagrees!

Old 10-28-2008, 05:16 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryoyo View Post
You won't need heavy winter jacket in LA... only light jacket or sweater for cool evenings.
when i'm out on a winter night and the temp is hovering around 48 degrees, i need a heavy coat...and gloves...and a scarf. anyone who thinks it doesn't get cold in LA has never lived here.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 PM

656 posts, read 1,355,981 times
48 degrees at night is not that cold, sorry come over here on the east coast and experience a winter night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles