Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:57 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,385,773 times

Advertisements

It's hard to say but I think the east is stronger this year though Cleveland is lost without Lebron. Celtics appear done for the season but Orlando is looking interesting. I see coach Jackson has put Kobe on rest until the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 12:31 AM

1,976 posts, read 6,856,481 times
Seems like even the first round is a tough call. Depressing game tonight.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:59 AM

Kobe was hardly even taking shots w/ limited scoring & not the best ball-handling. The Lakers are losing these games at the free-throw line & look pathetic in their numerous misses. Artest is still struggling in the "triangle." I really blame the lackluster play on either disinterest or poor coaching. Why is coach Jackson just sitting there? Never-the-less, I think the Lakers will take the series & face Utah next [since Nuggets are looking surprisingly weak]. We can count the Lakers out of the finals, though.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:12 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa "Hillbilly" Steve View Post
Thoughts on this year's Lakers?
Much better TEAM without Kobe Bryant. My grandmother can average 30 points a game as well if she jackes up 30-40 shots per game. Instead of looking at his points total when I check the box scores, I always take a look at his FGA and FGM. Dude shots like 30% from the floor and thinks HE needs to take over games himself instead of playing as a team or even with Gasol as a one-two tandem.

Games 3 and 4 of the Thunder series just proves my point. Game three gets close in the fourth quarter and Bryant decides HE wants to be the hero, ends up jacking up 10 shots in double and triple teams and only makes one. Gasol, Bynum and Artest were wide open for better shots, but stupid Bryant wants to be the star and loses the game.

Im SURE that his coach got on him for this (same as morning radio hosts complaining about this as well). So what does he do next? He goes out and shoots only 10 shots in game four and leads the team in turnovers. Its like he would rather lose the game, then win a game and NOT be the "star" or focus of the offense. I hate that guy. Lakers were what undefeated or only lost one game when he was out. Man, I really hate that guy and he extreme lack of teamwork. He'll never EVER be considered even in the top three of greatest all time Lakers. His inability and non-interest of making his team better will be the reason.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:26 AM

LaoTzuMindFu

I think you are being a bit unfair. Kobe is the obvious super-star but can't be the total savior. Don't forget that he is dealing with numerous injuries that have definitely altered his shooting. Jackson has be take some responsibility for what happened in the 4th quarter of the 3rd game. Gasol's play has been pretty consistent but he & Artest\ Odom\ Brown need to follow Kobe's example & arrive 3 hours before each game to practice free throws. Remember when Shaq vastly improved at the line? Are the Lakers a bunch of "prima donnas?" And what has Luke Walton done to still be a Laker? Why he wasn't traded years ago is a mystery to me.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:21 PM

There seems to be more to it to me. Kobe has declined, but when he is in the game, esp if they are behind, they just pass the ball mid court and throw it to Kobe. Even if he is the farthest from the hoop and has three defenders cornering him. Seems like everybody is either fearful of him harassing them when they loose, or just prefer him to be the one who screws up. They are much better when he is not in the game. Lamar, Shanon and the rest can get the speed up there, but when Kobe is in they feel intimidated. Kobe is still a good player, but not as good as he used to be, whether injuries or just age (probably both), but the coach has to realize this.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:22 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,743,760 times
Let's see if they can give that kind of effort one more time.

Charles's dilemma: Root for the hated celtics over Cleveland as the Lakers would have home court over boston should the finals feature them (and my gut feeling is the Lakers would play better against boston than against Cleveland - revenge will help the Lakers). (I forgot, who has home court if Lakers vs. Orlando?)

Good news?

LeBron Dismisses Concern Over Elbow -- NBA FanHouse

Finally, should Cleveland close out boston in boston, will the boston fans urge Cleveland to Beat LA like they did for Philly here:

YouTube - NBA on CBS 1982 Celtics/Sixers Game 7 Finish ("Beat LA")

Last edited by Charles; 04-28-2010 at 08:33 AM..

Old 04-28-2010, 10:09 AM

Last year Lebron ran off the court & refused to speak with the press when the Cav's lost to Orlando in the playoffs. Cleveland may not be as invincible as first thought, esp if Lebron is partly injured. The Bulls held up fairly well against the Cavaliers while Boston put Miami away easily. The Eastern division is looking very interesting w/ Dwight Howard coming on strong.

The Lakers looked focused & confident last night but we know from past experience that they are inconsistent & unpredictable this season. Looks like the Lakers will face Utah next unless Denver can overcome injuries & the absence of coach Karl.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:48 PM

Well, when living on the East coast I was a Celtics fan. So I prefer to have them at the finals, if the Lakers make it that far, then even better.

Lebron needs to grow up IMO; shooting one penalty with the right and the next one with the left; Oh am I impressed?!

The Lakers need to have the fear factor in them. Game 5 was close to how much of Kobe I want to see. Let the "team" win.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:02 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,469,913 times
Default Thoughts on this year's Lakers?

Are they still around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles