Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2007, 12:20 AM

454 posts, read 885,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
El, I thought she was, but I'm thinking it's someone else.....
Well now, Miss Molly...I'm thinking you're right

The Yuletide ***

Old 12-28-2007, 06:30 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
We can only have one "sticky" on the forum, and it was designated for the Photos thread. Bummer, huh?
I remember Cornerguy saying that we should choose one...but I wonder if we had something else in mind we could get a temporary (week or so) one? I'm pretty sure that in the religion forum a while back I saw 2 stickies, but neither of them were permanent. I think it was the religion forum--something like "please send prayers for.....". Cornerguy is that possible? and Fly what do you have in mind?

Old 12-28-2007, 06:32 AM

Oh Bewitched!! Thank You for your yakking!! lol....

Old 12-28-2007, 07:00 AM

455 posts, read 1,228,345 times
Talking Holly??????

Quote:
El, I thought she was, but I'm thinking it's someone else.....

what about the Florida holly--I'm thinking MEnME or Abby.....oh, it could be mainewannabe too!

see, I love this!!!
I am NOT the Florida Holly....but I am something................?????????
Never "connect to Florida"

Old 12-28-2007, 08:38 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
I got my Johnny's selected seeds catalogue yesterday, "Spring" in the mail.
I want to be in Maine to plant some maine seeds in my maine backyard by spring.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:59 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,717,042 times
Quote:
I remember Cornerguy saying that we should choose one...but I wonder if we had something else in mind we could get a temporary (week or so) one? I'm pretty sure that in the religion forum a while back I saw 2 stickies, but neither of them were permanent. I think it was the religion forum--something like "please send prayers for.....". Cornerguy is that possible? and Fly what do you have in mind?

I have seen a lot of posts from people looking for work/jobs. And since I have recently started to re-direct myself into my own career search I thought It might be a good idea to have a Maine Job's forum. A place where people can "network" and discuss employment opportunities around the state.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:14 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
I have seen a lot of posts from people looking for work/jobs. And since I have recently started to re-direct myself into my own career search I thought It might be a good idea to have a Maine Job's forum. A place where people can "network" and discuss employment opportunities around the state.
I heard about a company that is literally trying to drag people in off the street to work for them at a rate of more than $20/hr. They will pay for you to learn a trade in return for a commitment to work for them for a year.

I won't say anything further about the company until I find out if the information is factual...and because, if it *is* true I want to be sure to get *myself* in the door first, because the trade is one that I have been wanting to learn and was considering paying for the schooling. I'm willing to commit to that job at that rate for a year in order to gain the skill.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I think it's a good idea, maybe there's a way to have two You'd want to do it in a way that it's not a "help wanted" ad, but like you said, networking and sharing information. Either way it would be great to start a thread, even if it doesn't get "stickied" it would be out there.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:36 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
I just checked the openings for Federal jobs in Maine.

67 posted positions some with as many as eight openings.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:41 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I just checked the openings for Federal jobs in Maine.

67 posted positions some with as many as eight openings.
Yeah and I have my app in and have heard nothing.

well I'm comin' anyway... soon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine