Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2007, 11:37 AM

406 posts, read 1,655,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitched View Post
When I am finally able to open my business, this will be one of the signs you'll see while browsing...

LMAO! That's a great sign!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:49 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,555,839 times
Bewitched, it's beautiful! It's slowing down here. The flakes are fine.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:57 AM

37,485 posts, read 61,459,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddinAroundFarm View Post
THREE inches Forest, are you nuts???? I just shoveled off my deck for the second time today, the first was at about 8:30am, and it was near 4 inches then. Again just awhile ago, and another 3 or so. Bangor it said on the news has about 8.5" already. Hope the child is okay... he needs to be rested for another paintball war to take place sometime. My dh is now looking to buy one of those guns you two got for Christmas. Thanks Bonnie! lol
Wow, you are right.

Came back in from shoveling around the chicken coop and goat shed gate.

Then re-doing the parking area [our son is great for pushing the snow-thrower around, but he does not pay any attention to where it is throwing the snow. So after he makes a pass, the second and third passes bury what he has already 'cleared'.]

sigh

Gotta love teenagers.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:21 PM

Ok...so seriously. Does it snow like this every winter? We didn't buy a plow cuz our neighbor said he'd plow us for 25 a storm (good deal right? we have a long driveway)...well 225 bucks later...sigh. I know a plow's a lot more...but still!

It is pretty though, I'm looking outside at an old red birdhouse attached to a tree with a little cap of snow on it...so cute.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:31 PM

I think the last time we had this much snow this early was five years ago. By February my 5' fence posts were no where to be seen, bobcats were hunting in the yard because they were starving to death and we still had 2.5-3' of snow on a 90* day in early May. I don't remember this kind of snow prior to that. Two winters ago I drove home from classes on Saturday afternoons with the sunroof open. It was in the 50*'s in January and February.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:36 PM

454 posts, read 886,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
And what a pretty house! You have quite a view there, I'm betting even without the snow.
That was our garage in the pictures.
Here is our house when it's ...ummm....not so white out....lol.
We have an awesome view of a good portion of the lake, too..

Come on up, El...we have a room for you around here somewhere..
And you're welcome here any time!

Last edited by Bewitched; 12-31-2007 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Capitalize, Capitalize, Capitalize!!

Old 12-31-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I think the last time we had this much snow this early was five years ago. By February my 5' fence posts were no where to be seen, bobcats were hunting in the yard because they were starving to death and we still had 2.5-3' of snow on a 90* day in early May. I don't remember this kind of snow prior to that. Two winters ago I drove home from classes on Saturday afternoons with the sunroof open. It was in the 50*'s in January and February.
Well then, I guess we'll never be bored with the weather eh?

It's probably a good way to "break us in" to a Maine winter! Oh sure, we got three feet of snow on the Cape....ONCE. I thought I was all cool and ready for all this snow...hehehe.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:49 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,432,116 times
Oh, well now I feel stupid!! So, can I live in your garage?? And the house is gorgeous!! ....the real house....

Old 12-31-2007, 12:51 PM

37,485 posts, read 61,459,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Would it be possible to capture one of those bobcats?

I would really like to have one.

I have a live-trap.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Would it be possible to capture one of those bobcats?
We had one in the freezer to be mounted after it became too dangerous. When it growled at me I was bent over and it was hiding behind a tarp 6' from my head. I couldn't let a pissed off, starving bobcat be here at the start of kidding season.

I doubt it's legal to live trap. Moving an animal to a new territory, especially in winter, is usually equal to a slow death of starvation or attack during territory wars. maine.gov probably has info. You might be able to contact a rehabber or game warden that needs a safe place to release a cat in the spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine