Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 12:02 PM

631 posts, read 750,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguy04654 View Post
Yes they make you want this more. Lets look at your places to remember. First all where GUN FREE ZONES so it was ILLEGAL to have a firearm in those places. This bill would NOT alter that in any way. Next in each of those cases a person went there to kill people and did so when they got there. This is also already ILLEGAL.

Now given these facts what have we learned. First criminals do NOT care what the law says. If a law woudl stop crime there woudl be no crime as crime is already illegal. Next form a purely logical standpoint. A free man must under current Maine law get permission to carry a firearm in the form of a permit. Why do we get the the permit? because it is against the law to carry without one ( except for open carry ).
"Criminals doing illegal things!" It's just amazing that libs just can't get it, paper and words don't do much to change someone from already doing illegal things.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:48 PM

Location: MA/ME (the way life should not be / the way it should be)
1,266 posts, read 1,391,653 times
doesnt it say infringed, instewad of questioned? imo everything below military grade should be legal, so handgrenades, miniguns would be banned, with full auto rifles may issue, everything beneath shall issue unless felon...

Old 06-09-2015, 02:13 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,501,345 times
How many of these naysayers are from outside Maine? What do they have to say about what we do, and what our laws are? Haven't they meddled enough with Maine?

Someday they might appreciate having a place in northern New England where freedom reigns...although we are far from that, today. It helps to remember that there are NO freedoms without firearm freedoms.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:28 PM

428 posts, read 555,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The Maine Constitution on this so vague and undefined as to be useless. It reads:

Section 16. To keep and bear arms. Every citizen has a right to keep and bear arms and this right shall never be questioned.

So ... no questions allowed? Really?

If a citizen wants to keep a working flame throwing in his garage, we aren't allowed to question that? It might be great for clearing ice off the driveway.

If a citizen wants to mount a minigun in the back of his pickup, we can't question that?

If a citizen wants to keep a grenade launcher in his front seat, that's okay? We aren't allowed to question that?

See what I mean. It's so vague as to be useless.
These are actually legal providing you comply with federal requirements - except for the flame thrower which is not regulated.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin5098 View Post
These are actually legal providing you comply with federal requirements - except for the flame thrower which is not regulated.
Depends on the state for flamethrowers, there's been a few stories where over-reactive neighbors have called the police on people for melting the ice off the driveway. Next thing the homeowner knows, misdemeanor!

Old 06-09-2015, 05:23 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,910,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otisofoat View Post
remeber Sandy hook
Gun Free Zone
Quote:
Aurora Colorado
Gun Free Zone
Quote:
Virginia Tech
Gun Free Zone
Quote:
Columbine High School
Gun Free Zone
Quote:
Kinda makes ya stop and think.
Sure does. Makes me think that criminals don't care about signs or laws that say you have to obtain a permit to carry a gun, so we should be supportive of laws that make it easier for law abiding people to defend themselves.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:10 PM

37,500 posts, read 61,484,089 times
Quote:
The Maine Constitution on this so vague and undefined as to be useless. It reads:

Section 16. To keep and bear arms. Every citizen has a right to keep and bear arms and this right shall never be questioned.
What part did you find 'vague' ?

Quote:
... If a citizen wants to keep a working flame throwing in his garage, we aren't allowed to question that? It might be great for clearing ice off the driveway.
I have used mine for clearing ice, though it works better for starting brush fires.

On my family farm when I was a child, we had a kerosene flame-thrower, using it was one of my many childhood chores on the farm.

From the way you said that; it nearly sounds like you do not like flame-throwers. I guess that is personal choice.

I have many different kinds of tools, different tools are each good for specific uses. I do not use a flame-thrower everyday, but when I do need one it is handy to have available.

Quote:
... If a citizen wants to mount a minigun in the back of his pickup, we can't question that?
Have you attended the Maxim shoots? They are a lot of fun

You get a chance to see a few miniguns

Maine is pretty cool for how many folks here have full-auto firearms and silencers

Quote:
... See what I mean. It's so vague as to be useless.
No, you lost me there Sparky.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:14 PM

37,500 posts, read 61,484,089 times
Quote:
... You'd be okay with the Iron Horsemen mounting machine guns on their Harleys?
Legal citizens, doing legal things, and paying for their tax-stamps, what is the problem?

You do realize that it is legal to carry firearms on a bike? right?

Old 06-09-2015, 06:17 PM

625 posts, read 793,506 times
I own silencers, AOW's, SBS's, SBR's, MG's and 3 DD's.. Never been arrested because I follow the law even the ones I do not agree with.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguy04654 View Post
I own silencers, AOW's, SBS's, SBR's, MG's and 3 DD's.. Never been arrested because I follow the law even the ones I do not agree with.
MG's are worth more than gold! I think bump-fire will be my first go-to fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine