Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:21 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfister View Post
Oh, I be sorry Missy Iscalder. You an Massa Truf be makin be feel lak like I a prejudiced SOB.
You are children and spouting off on an internet forum about changing the face of the world. I wish you much luck but you will be gray before your master plan ever comes to fruition.
I have no love for MOCO and I have yet to see a white drive a Bentley in MD but I have seen several blacks drive Corvettes, Beemers, Benz, Vipers and whatever. I don't care, get a gold plated Rolls.
I live in a black county and I know it. I do not spew out the trash I am accused of. I think I write at a higher level than most can comprehend or else this would not be. I do not care if every black in the county had a gold mine, the point is getting the workings of the county together so that it operates as it should. How many hospitals are in the county? Not a whole lot. does that make any sense? Why did my road get speed calming mountains when it needed repaving? Why are there no sidewalks in my neighborhood?

Why align me with the KKK? I have no want to be associated with them. At present I feel as if the Black Panthers and Nation of Islam are beating me up.
I guess I will have to move from Prince George's black county so that your dream of a nubian utopia may be realized.
I shall have to round up the poor whites and blacks and wander the desert for 40 years or so in the next year or two.

ps...go back to HS and get your GED and maybe you will be able write something legible.
Edmunds.com - 2007 Bentley Continental GT Car Pricing Guide

You could buy three of the cars you mention for the cost of one Bentley. Truth can you do some data collection on car prices before this thread gets more out of touch with logic. This was about the 100 wealthiest towns and cities in Maryland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 03:23 PM

Hmmmm Iscalder was the first off topic post. Now I see what happened. Then you asked why the limited interest and from there it went south. Can we stick to data and the interpretation of.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/maryl...-maryland.html

Old 01-21-2008, 03:29 PM

Reading back I see what happened, great discussion started IsssieCal chimed in about the usual. Bob the Builder resented discussion about wealth (what was that about ?) then a certain someone hijacked the thread wanting to know what this had to do with Prince Georges and solving the problems. I didn't think that was the intent of the OP and now it continues and the great pursuit of data analysis has been lost. Once again education in the hands of the masses produces movement to the norm.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:23 PM

746 posts, read 846,227 times
No worries Tuborg i'm not done with this forum. I'm just thinking of how I can make the data more relevent to what people talk about, so perhaps i'll focus on the school systems in relation to the Top 100 places. I wonder how well students perform in these Top areas.

I guess my next question would also be use of private vs public schools in each of the counties. I'm curious to find out whether Prince George's due to a poor public school system leads in number of students enrolled in priavte schools in relation to the other counties, which tend to have better overall public school systems...

Old 01-21-2008, 06:16 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,367 times
We are tlaking about 100 wealthist county but we are only focus on one county. Are all the other county in Maryland 100% perfect. Are the other county in maryland have a higher percentage of Affulent families or a Higher income then Pg county. Is Pg county the poorest county in Maryland. to all of these questions its No. I am pretty sure we have all receive every piece of information on Pg county regardless if the information is true or not. What about the other counties that other posters kno wnothing about? Why only talk about the negatives and leave out the positive. I am pretty sure other posters want to hear about the positive changes as well.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:17 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,367 times
I am sorry. I meant to say we are talking about 100 Wealthiest

Old 01-23-2008, 03:41 PM

Ok, that's what i figured

Old 01-24-2008, 01:33 PM

847 posts, read 3,353,898 times
[quote=fishfister;2574885]
"I have no love for MOCO and I have yet to see a white drive a Bentley in MD but I have seen several blacks drive Corvettes, Beemers, Benz, Vipers and whatever. I don't care, get a gold plated Rolls."

I've seen white people drive Bentleys, but mostly down here in North Carolina. I also saw a gold Rolls a while ago. That was funny. Really old white guy driving it.

I don't really understand what you guys are fighting about. It's funny that you haven't been shut down though -- try disagreeing with anyone on the Charlotte board and see what happens.

Last edited by vanyali; 01-24-2008 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: quote didn't come through right

Old 01-24-2008, 02:27 PM

Default Thats the difference between the two states

[quote=vanyali;2612126]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfister View Post
"I have no love for MOCO and I have yet to see a white drive a Bentley in MD but I have seen several blacks drive Corvettes, Beemers, Benz, Vipers and whatever. I don't care, get a gold plated Rolls."

I've seen white people drive Bentleys, but mostly down here in North Carolina. I also saw a gold Rolls a while ago. That was funny. Really old white guy driving it.

I don't really understand what you guys are fighting about. It's funny that you haven't been shut down though -- try disagreeing with anyone on the Charlotte board and see what happens.
You are 100% on target. However there is a tremendous difference in civility between the two states and it is reflected in the forums. Hopefully Marylanders can realize they share a common need and work towards a resolution. Folks really agree on the issues but the application of discussion reflects broader issues.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:58 AM

Tuborg, I took you up on the challenge to find data from the 1960's until today. Luckly Montgomery County Parks and Planning has the income data for 1969, 1979, and 1989. I'll transfer the Median Family Income in to today's dollars to show how much money people made then compared to today in each of the counties.

Here's the foromula I used Salary in constant Dollars (Recent Year) = Salary in Current Dollars (Old Year)*(CPI in Recent Year/CPI in Old Year)

1969 Median Family Income (In Today's Dollars) 5.493
Montgomery County, MD $90,234
Prince George's County, MD $67,230
Ann Arundel County, MD $61,981

1979 Median Family Income (In Today's Dollars) 2.776
Montgomery County, MD $91,807
Prince George's County, MD $70,857
Ann Arundel County, MD $68,764

1989 Median Family Income (In Today's Dollars)1.625
Montgomery County, MD $100,730
Prince George's County, MD $78,765
Ann Arundel County, MD $80,772

1999 Median Family Income (In Today's Dollars) 1.21
Montgomery County, MD $101,682
Prince George's County, MD $75,585
Ann Arundel County, MD $83,512

M-NCPPC: Median Household, Family, and per capita income, Montgomery County Region

Clearly you were right Turborg while Prince George's has clearly never been as wealthy as Montgomery it was certainly in the Top 4 Counties in the DC/Metro Area in 1969. However, the corruption and mismanagement and poor urban planning of the 1960's clearly had a drastic effect on the outcomes over the last 30 years. Notice poverty rates rose sharply during the 1990's in the county as there were more poor families, which brought down the median income from a decade earlier. I guess the combination of white flight housing price drops made it very affordable for poorer black families to move into the inner beltway, which lead to poorer schools, cheap rents, and an overall decline in value for the county. The only way to reverse the mismangement of the 1960's and large influx of poor families during hte 1990's is to start destroying the unplanned urban sprawl, that happend. I feel sorry for all the affluent blacks that moved there in the 1980's just to be followed out there by their poor. This is the real problem. I think this is even more of a reason you cannot have a majority black county and expect it to compete with wealthy majority white counties. The affluent blacks always have to pay the highest burden for the poor, crime causing, illiterate poor blacks. It's a no win situation they'll constantly follow the hard working affluent blacks out and ruin their neighborhoods and communities. As i've often hard "Black people cannot have anything without the poor one's ruining it for the bunch"

1. The inner beltway needs to be revitalized
2. Let market forces push the poorer residents to find houses else where
3. Lower taxes on high tech companies and more affluent residents (middle and upper middle classes)

Just a few thoughts. I think a tech corridor along route 50 between Prince George's and Ann Arundel would be great for the state of Maryland. It could help solidify the area's between 270 and 50 and create highly skilled jobs, which the county needs. Overall it would be great for the state.

Last edited by truthhurts; 01-26-2008 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland