Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times

Advertisements

Are you freezing yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 06:03 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,203,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Glad to hear it all worked out Puffle.
You are quite a celebrity on the forum now. lol
Hi Twiggy. If I am a "celebrity" it is not of my own making! Had no clue that while I was on the road, my activities were being shared after speaking to Green Machine! Not my idea.
As far as the weather goes, our first day was only in the 50's which is great for me. Didn't even wear a jacket, although people here were and scarves to boot! Already wearing their Uggs too. Right now it is raining which I love! My friend's place faces the woods so it is just lovely and peaceful. Hope all is well with you. By the way, there was a report on the local news about a large amount of kids getting cancer that live on the Cape. Thought you should know or look into it since that was a possibility for you. Take care.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NChomesomeday View Post
If you're interested in Walpole, I saw a sign for a 2 bedroom flat that was for rent. I've been driving by the house 2x/day for the past week. I also saw another house for rent--that sign must have just gone up.
Thanks for the suggestions Nc. Dogs are doing great in the kennel. It's a very homey place in Waltham called Skipton Kennels. Hope everyone knows that I did not ask Greenie to get people to help me in ANY way. Sorry to see the negativety that was brought forth for absolutely no reason. All is fine. Will sign rental papers tonight and will be living in Concord by Thursday.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:15 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,812,501 times
Quote:
Are you freezing yet?
The irrigation company came by this morning to blow all the water out of our sprinkler system and close the pipes. It's not cold at all yet though -- still in the 50's in the day, and gets down to mid 30's at night.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:21 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,088,319 times
Temps in the 50's mean my kids are wearing shorts. They don't pull out long pants until it gets below freezing. I don't know how they do it. I've got my sweaters on already!

Old 11-06-2007, 07:50 AM

967 posts, read 4,786,120 times
Welcome Puffle!

Was the report you mentioned re: the Cape related to the Upper Cape (Bourne, Sandwich, Falmouth area)? There have been reports about issues in communities near the Massachusetts Military Reservation but I've never heard any issues re: Mid-Cape and Lower-Cape regions.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletfire View Post
Welcome Puffle!

Was the report you mentioned re: the Cape related to the Upper Cape (Bourne, Sandwich, Falmouth area)? There have been reports about issues in communities near the Massachusetts Military Reservation but I've never heard any issues re: Mid-Cape and Lower-Cape regions.
Wish I could tell you. Maybe if you look on-line for local tv newscasts it would say which part of the Cape. With so much going on, I really didn't hear all the info.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:39 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
Hi Twiggy. If I am a "celebrity" it is not of my own making! Had no clue that while I was on the road, my activities were being shared after speaking to Green Machine! Not my idea.
As far as the weather goes, our first day was only in the 50's which is great for me. Didn't even wear a jacket, although people here were and scarves to boot! Already wearing their Uggs too. Right now it is raining which I love! My friend's place faces the woods so it is just lovely and peaceful. Hope all is well with you. By the way, there was a report on the local news about a large amount of kids getting cancer that live on the Cape. Thought you should know or look into it since that was a possibility for you. Take care.
I would have loved the attention, but not everyone does. Just so everyone knows when I finally get there I will track my whole trip and then I'll throw a party when I arrive. You'll see me, I'll be the one screaming, "I'm finally here!" lol I would think 50 was cold. It doesn't even get to the 50's here at night except maybe once or twice in January. Your hard core puffle, no sweater? Yikes, my fingers are numb just thinking about it. I will freeze the first year. Worth it! I think Green Machine was so nice for the concern. Rare now a days.
I have heard of some reports about cancer and the cape. I haven't been able to get a lot on that story. The scare I heard about was increased breast cancer. Thought I would ask Capecodcathy about it. She seems to know a lot about the cape. We have a 79% increase in lung cancer in Phx from the air pollution, and of course our increased risk for skin cancer! So I wouldn't want to worry about that after I move. I'd like the normal risks for once. The nuclear plant in Plymouth is a concern too, I guess. You get a lot of different opinions on this. I wonder about Mashpee? I have also considered the North shore. We will see. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe we can all fit in a studio on Martha's Vineyard!!!! lol

Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I would have loved the attention, but not everyone does. Just so everyone knows when I finally get there I will track my whole trip and then I'll throw a party when I arrive. You'll see me, I'll be the one screaming, "I'm finally here!" lol I would think 50 was cold. It doesn't even get to the 50's here at night except maybe once or twice in January. Your hard core puffle, no sweater? Yikes, my fingers are numb just thinking about it. I will freeze the first year. Worth it! I think Green Machine was so nice for the concern. Rare now a days.
I have heard of some reports about cancer and the cape. I haven't been able to get a lot on that story. The scare I heard about was increased breast cancer. Thought I would ask Capecodcathy about it. She seems to know a lot about the cape. We have a 79% increase in lung cancer in Phx from the air pollution, and of course our increased risk for skin cancer! So I wouldn't want to worry about that after I move. I'd like the normal risks for once. The nuclear plant in Plymouth is a concern too, I guess. You get a lot of different opinions on this. I wonder about Mashpee? I have also considered the North shore. We will see. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe we can all fit in a studio on Martha's Vineyard!!!! lol
I hear ya! I love the cold because I run a little warmer than most.
Appreciated all the concern and good wishes! Greenie has been very supportive as have many others. I am very lucky indeed!
All of us new transplants should have a party when all are here! Established CD'er welcome too! Any bites on your house yet? Wish you the best.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:22 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
Thanks for the suggestions Nc. Dogs are doing great in the kennel. It's a very homey place in Waltham called Skipton Kennels. Hope everyone knows that I did not ask Greenie to get people to help me in ANY way. Sorry to see the negativety that was brought forth for absolutely no reason. All is fine. Will sign rental papers tonight and will be living in Concord by Thursday.
i'm sorry, puff.... i didn't mean to create any trouble.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts