Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2020, 12:45 PM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
It's clearly the colleges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
Source? Still havent seen you provide any credible one or even a well thought out hypothesis. Not trusting data doesn't count by the way.
As I've said, do some research regarding college testing. Start with the New York Times.

And as for the current uptick, use some common sense. Nobody can prove anything definitively regarding the spread of this virus, so I won't attempt to...especially when a COVID DENIER is pestering me for proof.

Quote:
And my understanding is that athletes are at higher risk for heart problems. Strenuous exercise and COVID are not a good combination.
Quote:
Definitely gonna need a source here. Unless you finally admit to simply regurgitating headlines on yet to be proven studies.
Do some research, dude! It is pretty well known that strenuous exercise can be harmful to your heart if you have COVID.

This took 10 seconds to find:

Doctors Warn High-Intensity Exercise During COVID-19 Pandemic Could Come With Heart Risks

There's probably 100 other similar articles. Stop being so lazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 01:20 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,805,557 times
Quote:
As I've said, do some research regarding college testing. Start with the New York Times.
Got it, so no source.

Quote:
This took 10 seconds to find:

Doctors Warn High-Intensity Exercise During COVID-19 Pandemic Could Come With Heart Risks

There's probably 100 other similar articles. Stop being so lazy.
All that article says is that you may be more susceptible when strenuously exercising and that abstaining from exercise may be beneficial in preventing further damage. That is true of both athletes and the general population.

You act like atheletes contracting this is some kind of death sentence when in truth there has been very limited research. I don't deny covid, I deny people reducing their thoughts down to a journalists click bait headline/misinterpretation of a limited study.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
All that article says is that you may be more susceptible when strenuously exercising and that abstaining from exercise may be beneficial in preventing further damage. That is true of both athletes and the general population.

You act like atheletes contracting this is some kind of death sentence when in truth there has been very limited research. I don't deny covid, I deny people reducing their thoughts down to a journalists click bait headline/misinterpretation of a limited study.
Nobody should do heavy exercise if they have COViD. You are better off being a couch potato.

And you absolutely are a denier. I'm surprised you haven't asked for proof about the BioGen conference.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Got it, so no source.
It's not difficult to clear your cookies to get around the NYT paywall.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:45 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,805,557 times
Quote:
Nobody should do heavy exercise if they have COViD. You are better off being a couch potato.

And you absolutely are a denier. I'm surprised you haven't asked for proof about the BioGen conference.
Your inability to comprehend what I'm trying to say is similar to your inability to read beyond a scary headline. When you can show up with some sources and a proper non ediatorialized interpretation you'll gain a lot more credibility.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:00 PM

Note to self: Stop wasting time replying to COVID DENIERS.

Old 10-03-2020, 04:07 PM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,761 times
Worcester has banned trick or treating this Halloween due to covid. I had already decided not to give out candy this year for caution's sake and glad it's official, so I'm not the only grinch, but feel bad for the kids. Nothing fun for anyone this year.

Old 10-03-2020, 04:28 PM

943 posts, read 409,349 times
Oh come on - re-imagine Halloween! Walk around in costumes, have your little kids create decorations for your home, and hide treats (and perhaps a special gift) in your yard or apartment. Do a family horror movie night with older kids. It's not the same, but compared to businesses going under, people dying and others being left with long-term health issues, this is nothing. The adults should take a pro-active approach here and make the alternative Halloween as exciting as possible.

Old 10-03-2020, 04:33 PM

943 posts, read 409,349 times
Quote:
Got it, so no source.

Actually, you shouldn't even be doing heavy exercise with a regular cold. Heart inflammation is much rarer than with covid, but it can still occur https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352539 (look under causes)

Old 10-03-2020, 04:36 PM

6,804 posts, read 6,027,453 times
Quote:
It's clearly the colleges. Same in RI (and probably every other state).
I was at an apple orchard last weekend, and it was packed. Most were wearing masks most of the time, but it was definitely pretty crazy. Wouldn't surprise me if this spike is at least partially related to the nice, late summer weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts