Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2020, 05:56 PM

943 posts, read 409,349 times

Advertisements

Here is that ER doc from Brigham, Jeremy Faust, with his assessment on things like indoor dining (perhaps at very low capacity with great ventilation and hygiene) and college (pretty much all online, though students who need housing could live there): https://www.thestreet.com/latest-new...gency-room-doc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 06:03 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,401,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
...should they reserve their death wishing until trump really starts ramping up the mass executions of refugees, immigrants, and political dissenters?
lol

Old 10-04-2020, 06:03 PM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Dexamethasone is a double edged sword - it can suppress inflammation and quell a pathological self-immune reaction, but it can also accelerate the infection. Normally, doctors shouldn't give it to Covid-19 patients, unless it appears the danger from inflammation is greater than the danger from infection,. Of course nothing is normal here, and the President is also taking the antiviral Remdesivir, and the thinking may be that so long as he's on Remdesivir, it's okay to give dexamethasone prophylactically.
From what I heard, nobody has ever been given this combination of drugs.

Old 10-04-2020, 06:04 PM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
I didn’t vote for Trump, but people being upset because he (may not) be as sick as they hope is very telling about where we are as a society.
It really is vile. Tons of people on Twitter are wishing for his death.

Old 10-04-2020, 06:32 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
It really is vile. Tons of people on Twitter are wishing for his death.
But not on this thread. No one has even hinted at that.

Also, I have a highly contagious potentially terminal illness. Can you please give me a ride around the block so I can wave at people?

Old 10-04-2020, 07:35 PM

3,970 posts, read 5,762,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
I was at an apple orchard last weekend, and it was packed. Most were wearing masks most of the time, but it was definitely pretty crazy. Wouldn't surprise me if this spike is at least partially related to the nice, late summer weather.

I dare say it is a possible reason. Some of the state parks are packed as well. At the height of the pandemic, there were staff keeping count of how many people were inside at a time but not anymore it seems. I was atop Mount Greylock earlier today and the summit was packed. 80-90% wore masks but there were a few that did not. I tried my best to stay away from everyone else and not stand around one spot for long periods of time but it was not easy.

Old 10-05-2020, 12:28 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Wife and I attempted to do a dinner date Sat night. We couldn’t find any outdoor seating that wasn’t a 2 hr or more wait. We drove to several restaurants (and went to Market Street in Lynnfield) and it was just packed. Restaurants were jamming as many people as thy could inside. We went to one of our pre-covid usuals and every table was filled with no additional spacing between tables. Tried to do to Yard House at Market Street and even where they expanded outdoor seating, they really seemed to be jamming people in. We ended up just getting take out and having our dinner date at home instead.

We’ve eaten out before, but now it feels like volume is starting to get quite heavy. It was, however, a really nice Sat evening so people were likely out trying to squeeze in a last day or two outside.

We likely will refrain from dining out from now on. Just not worth the risk. I’m fine with takeout.

Old 10-05-2020, 12:54 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post

Also, I have a highly contagious potentially terminal illness. Can you please give me a ride around the block so I can wave at people?
He’s going to get the full COVID experience. Lose his job in 30 days. Evicted from his house in 90 days.

I’m wondering how many people were exposed in that publicly stunt? He has an enormous security detail. They must have wheeled him hundreds of yards through hospital corridors.

Old 10-05-2020, 05:33 AM

913 posts, read 559,331 times
There appears to be more social mixing than is warranted by current circumstances. It would behoove most folks to dial back all non-essential social mixing at least one or two notches, and step up mask use in all mixed situations where anyone is proximate (not just within 6'/2m but at least double that) more than briefly in low density situations.

Old 10-05-2020, 07:39 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post

More like so you can see people wave at you.

I don’t wish him dead because wishing someone dead doesn’t actually do anything. I do enjoy irony, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts