Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2020, 04:05 AM

448 posts, read 282,255 times

Advertisements

I wont sit in a restaurant for some time. Not ready. The 1 time wife/I went out, was outside, in tent, with other tables (far away) - seemed uncomfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 05:17 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
How? Does the virus disappear because we locked down for 4 to 6 weeks? We did this before in March and April and the virus didn't disappear. Remember it was just 15 days they told use. Influenza hasn't disappeared and we have had to deal with that for centuries.
You didn't even read the article. We need a 90%+ lockdown with full masking, including no interstate travel, not a half-assed one like we had in March/April. Yeah, "15 days to slow the spread" from the genius mouth of Mike Pence...one half of the joker duo who wanted to pack churches by Easter Sunday.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:00 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtolpin View Post
I wont sit in a restaurant for some time. Not ready. The 1 time wife/I went out, was outside, in tent, with other tables (far away) - seemed uncomfortable.
Yep, same here. It's going to be a long time before I feel safe to sit in a restaurant or similar.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:11 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
The tent thing is interesting. Often, even open sided tents feel like they are stuffier with less air flow than ventilated indoor spaces, particularly if you are not at the side of the tented space. Now places are proposing year round outdoor dining. How’s that going to work in the winter? Closed sided and heated outdoor tents, a.k.a. INDOORS? I am comfortable eating at a completely al fresco space if the tables are adequately spaced. However, I’m a pass on the tents.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:25 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
well once the weather is cold we really won't have to worry about. No one is going to be attending outdoor anything except skiing maybe.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:39 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Now places are proposing year round outdoor dining. How’s that going to work in the winter? Closed sided and heated outdoor tents, a.k.a. INDOORS? I am comfortable eating at a completely al fresco space if the tables are adequately spaced. However, I’m a pass on the tents.
I've thought the same thing with regards to some of the tented setups I've seen. One restarant near my house uses a large tent. It was a fully enclosed tent, in which you enter through a small opening. Once inside, the sides and roof are completely closed. No ventilation system at all, so essentially it's no different than being indoors. It's PACKED every night.

The point of being outdoors is for continuously refreshed air while eating/talking without a mask on. If the air is stagnant, as it would be in an enclosed tent, it's no different than being indoors.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:43 AM

I think it's kind of ridiculous to have outdoor dining when it's freezing cold out. I feel bad for restaurants, and get that they might be willing to try this though. I could see it turning bad if as some mentioned that tents will be used. I foresee it turning into a bar scene with people drinking to stay warm? mostly young people. I just dont know. I think restaurants will need to focus on innovative take out ideas. There is no way I will be going to eat outdoors tent or not tent. It has been too cold for me to eat outside now.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:56 AM

12,427 posts, read 9,519,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I've thought the same thing with regards to some of the tented setups I've seen. One restarant near my house uses a large tent. It was a fully enclosed tent, in which you enter through a small opening. Once inside, the sides and roof are completely closed. No ventilation system at all, so essentially it's no different than being indoors. It's PACKED every night.

The point of being outdoors is for continuously refreshed air while eating/talking without a mask on. If the air is stagnant, as it would be in an enclosed tent, it's no different than being indoors.
Yep, that's right. If you're outdoors, many of the airborne virus particles being emitted by any infected people will be diluted and/or swept away by air currents. If you're indoors, and especially if there is no air-based ventilation system, you'll get no help at all.

Old 10-06-2020, 09:56 AM

I don't know how long we can go on playing the blame game with this. Plenty of people could have covid and they don't even know it. You can wear a mask everywhere you go but the minute you take it off and are around others that's all it takes to spread it.

Old 10-06-2020, 09:59 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I don't know how long we can go on playing the blame game with this..
It makes for entertaining posting to pass the time.

But you are right. We can point fingers all day, but we simply don't know. Is it students? Is it colleges? Is it indoor dining? Is it public transportation? Is it nursing homes? Is it aliens? Who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts