Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2020, 12:42 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,098,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
I was hoping someone would catch on to this. It is almost as if some folks don't even read what they are posting.

Unless we recently gained 1 billion impoverished people and packed the majority of them into densely populated areas with non existent or inadequate infrastructure and medical facilities I'd say it is hard to make any inferences. Other than to be careful and that kids can most definitely spread the disease.
But do you admit that it's equally or more dangerous, when you have the topmost government official saying that "Children are practically immune to it! Go look it up"? With ZERO evidence presented to back that up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 12:59 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
I was hoping someone would catch on to this. It is almost as if some folks don't even read what they are posting.

Unless we recently gained 1 billion impoverished people and packed the majority of them into densely populated areas with non existent or inadequate infrastructure and medical facilities I'd say it is hard to make any inferences. Other than to be careful and that kids can most definitely spread the disease.

Andhra Pradesh is not really a slum. It’s a well developed area of india with good infrastructure, research centers, and a solid economy. It’s well developed, and they put in place a system for tracing the spread of HIV that they used to gather data on Covid studies.

While not an apples to apples conparison with life in the US, I wouldn’t necessarily dismiss it as bunk data. They are discovering the main cause of spread is confined spaces for long periods of time. (6hr train or bus ride) I wouldn’t exactly dismiss that notion 100% as useless data. More research should be done.

Old 10-04-2020, 01:11 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:

Catch on to what?

Old 10-04-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Andhra Pradesh is not really a slum. It’s a well developed area of india with good infrastructure, research centers, and a solid economy. It’s well developed, and they put in place a system for tracing the spread of HIV that they used to gather data on Covid studies.

While not an apples to apples comparison with life in the US, I wouldn’t necessarily dismiss it as bunk data. They are discovering the main cause of spread is confined spaces for long periods of time. (6hr train or bus ride) I wouldn’t exactly dismiss that notion 100% as useless data. More research should be done.
Thank you. I've spent extensive time in India and would validate this. Having said that--with the way the US population is spread out (e.g. single family homes) vs. India--there's no excuse for why we've not been able to successfully squash this by now, other than willful personal behaviors.

Old 10-04-2020, 01:16 PM

943 posts, read 410,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Well - doesn't the White House cluster tell us that negative tests aren't sufficient to prevent spread? Especially with travel and close contact, and positive cases on both sides, this seems very careless at best.

Old 10-04-2020, 01:16 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post

While not an apples to apples conparison with life in the US, I wouldn’t necessarily dismiss it as bunk data. They are discovering the main cause of spread is confined spaces for long periods of time. (6hr train or bus ride) I wouldn’t exactly dismiss that notion 100% as useless data. More research should be done.
AP may not be a big slum, but it gets muddy if there is any kind of significant mobility amongst the population such as there is in India. 1 in 3 urban households there are a slum and slums there are identified as COVID epicenters so take that how you will. The study area also included Chennai.

But the specifics of India isn't really the point. You pretty much summarized my thoughts in the second paragraph. We can't take a single study as gospel. Particularly when plastering fear mongering headlines is now a major problem online. Taking them as gospel instead of understanding that more research is required is all the rage.

Last edited by wolfgang239; 10-04-2020 at 01:40 PM..

Old 10-04-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
Well - doesn't the White House cluster tell us that negative tests aren't sufficient to prevent spread? Especially with travel and close contact, and positive cases on both sides, this seems very careless at best.
And...

The Kansas City Chiefs are allowing approximately 16,000 spectators.

Old 10-04-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
And...

They had 17K at their opener on Sept 10. I'm not aware of this having been a "spreader" event.

Old 10-04-2020, 02:08 PM

Quote:
And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
They had 17K at their opener on Sept 10. I'm not aware of this having been a "spreader" event.

Does it seem like a good idea to you? That's 22% capacity. Most stadiums aren't allowing any.

Old 10-04-2020, 02:21 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
Quote:
Does it seem like a good idea to you?
Yes, the stadium outdoors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts