Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2020, 02:58 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,430,343 times

Advertisements

No one should be flying for vacation, but there are plenty of reasons why someone might need to fly now. My mom nannies for a family where the wife is still traveling around the country to service a highly specialized medical product in hospitals. She even got an exemption to go to Canada. My best friend flew home to Miami where she's quarantining in her family's second home until she can go stay with her mom for the next 2 months to have surgery that would have been extra difficult in her 4th floor walkup on NYC. I've had many friends travel to care for elderly parents or grandparents, to move cross-country, or for work (especially in healthcare).

There's absolutely no reason why someone needs to eat indoors in a restaurant, go to hockey practice, or visit with family or friends who do not live in their household indoors. 0 justification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2020, 03:09 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Or so the airline's PR firms have been telling us. As someone who has logged millions of butt in seat miles on airplanes, you get sick on planes.

I used to get sick with road warrior-level business travel until I started adopting basic infection control hygiene. I went my last several years flying every week without getting sick.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:11 PM

943 posts, read 409,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
No one should be flying for vacation, but there are plenty of reasons why someone might need to fly now. My mom nannies for a family where the wife is still traveling around the country to service a highly specialized medical product in hospitals. She even got an exemption to go to Canada. My best friend flew home to Miami where she's quarantining in her family's second home until she can go stay with her mom for the next 2 months to have surgery that would have been extra difficult in her 4th floor walkup on NYC. I've had many friends travel to care for elderly parents or grandparents, to move cross-country, or for work (especially in healthcare).

There's absolutely no reason why someone needs to eat indoors in a restaurant, go to hockey practice, or visit with family or friends who do not live in their household indoors. 0 justification.
+1
In other new,s MBTA is cutting services by more than half due to employee illness. https://www.nbcboston.com/news/coron...id-19/2254216/

Old 12-10-2020, 03:16 PM

16,308 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:

Did you get dumped or rejected by a hockey player? You continuously bring up hockey and basically refer to it as being a disgusting act that no one should be a part of right now. But you can justify plenty of other things and why people are doing them.

And OMG at having parents and Godmother over for Thanksgiving. I'm simply going to hell for that one. But getting on a plane with hundreds of others after going through an airport? No biggie.

For whatever reason you really like to dish it out to me.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:19 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,650,939 times
Well it sounds like you all are going to get your wish. Supposedly Charlie Baker is going to eliminate all indoor dining come January. Also, non-essential retail will have to close.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:23 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Well it sounds like you all are going to get your wish. Supposedly Charlie Baker is going to eliminate all indoor dining come January. Also, non-essential retail will have to close.
Really? Well why didnt he just shut it down this week with all the other restrictions?

Old 12-10-2020, 03:26 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
This article? https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...01b_story.html

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/10/...harvard-study/

Ya'll can fly away then. I wont be going on a plane until this is over. But I will be having my parents over for xmas. The article also says it 'may' post a slighter risk.

https://www.ourdaily.co/assets/bltab...oing-to-school

I looked over this high risk activity list. It's interesting that amusements parks at the top. Why are they open then?

Dinner parties is in the same category as a an airplane.

What about that article? I didn't say anything about any article. I read the study. Not articles about it.

And if, you say, dinner parties are at the same risk as an airplane... you're open to having dinner parties, shouldn't you be, for consistency sake, open to flying?

Quote:
And OMG at having parents and Godmother over for Thanksgiving. I'm simply going to hell for that one. But getting on a plane with hundreds of others after going through an airport? No biggie.

For whatever reason you really like to dish it out to me.

No one said nor implied that getting onto an airplane was "no biggie" that I have seen

You really do love to make things up.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:26 PM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times
Quote:
Everybody's situation is totally unique. While it may be the incorrect choice, I'm not going to sit here and judge somebody who knew this was to be their last Christmas with grandma and decided to visit her with precautions in place. Not qualified here to do that.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:27 PM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times
Quote:
Really? Well why didnt he just shut it down this week with all the other restrictions?
Pressure from businesses dependent on the holiday season. Not obvious?

Old 12-10-2020, 03:31 PM

People need to keep their mouths shut about others having their parents and close family members in their home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts