Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 08:32 AM

146 posts, read 150,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You're a hypocrite. You post lovely pictures depicting a small slice of Mexico as if to paint Mexico as the land of milk and honey yet get indignant when someone posts pictures depicting another view.

For every nice picture you post, I could post ten showing poverty and lawlessness.

You originally asked why Mexico isn't considered first world and were given reasons. In addition to corruption, I would add the lawlessness, the inability of the government to maintain control over the cartels. Only in a third world banana republic would you expect to have thousands of journalists and politicians and judges killed in the last decade with accompanying warnings to not oppose the cartels. Or main highways blockaded for hours by gang members with citizens being robbed or even killed. Or narco mantra banners posted all around town declaring war on the media and police. Or entire police departments resigning because they fear for their lives. Or city police departments so corrupt that state police swoop in and confiscate all their guns. Or entire busloads and caravans of police being ambushed and killed by the dozens. Or dead bodies swinging from bridge overpasses on a regular basis. Or decapitated heads being left on the steps of courthouses. Or entire towns being evacuated of every single resident.

You obviously mentality il I suggest go get help as soon as possible you probably never been out of your cave real expats who live here well know what I'm talking about.

If you ever dare to visit Guadalajara or Puerto Vallarta I have no problem meeting you so I can give you a tour.

Your comments are laughable.......

Old 05-17-2017, 08:34 AM

345 posts, read 250,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMex View Post
Argentina?? The wealthy are is Buenos Aires the rest is very poor . Argentina gets.most it's resources from Brazil.
'Downfall' is referring to something that happened in the past. Argentina used to be one of the richest countries in the world on a per-capita basis.

A quick reading assignment:

https://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-to-argentina/

hah...here's a good chart.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...1900-2008).png

Last edited by Corerius; 05-17-2017 at 08:42 AM..

Old 05-17-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corerius View Post
'Downfall' is referring to something that happened in the past. Argentina used to be one of the richest countries in the world on a per-capita basis.

A quick reading assignment:

https://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-to-argentina/

hah...here's a good chart.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...1900-2008).png

Argentina used to be wealthy indeed that's why so many Italians migrate there but now it's turning into a hellhole since so many.of it's European decents are leaving in mass and applying for Italian citizenship.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:07 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
If you ever dare to visit Guadalajara or Puerto Vallarta I have no problem meeting you so I can give you a tour.
I guess that's the only way we could meet since you cannot get a visa to enter USA. I go to Mexico several times a year, haven driven all over - from border cities like N Laredo and Matamoros to inner cities like D.F., Leon, Celaya, Queretaro, SLP, Tampico, Veracruz, Cd Victoria, Saltillo, etc.

You seem to have no counter to the thousands of journalists, politicians, and govt. appointees that have been murdered, which is simply something that does not happen in any country professing to be First World.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:09 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,234,927 times
mmm, Argentina has a better standard of living comparing it with Mexico according to several international indicators. The Mexican economy is larger because it has much more population but you don´t live better in Mexico than Argentina.

LeoMex in your attempt to defend Mexico, you blind yourself to reality. Poverty, corruption and bad governance are general characteristics of Mexico.

Problems have to be accepted in order to find the solution.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
mmm, Argentina has a better standard of living comparing it with Mexico according to several international indicators. The Mexican economy is larger because it has much more population but you don´t live better in Mexico than Argentina.

LeoMex in your attempt to defend Mexico, you blind yourself to reality. Poverty, corruption and bad governance are general characteristics of Mexico.

Problems have to be accepted in order to find the solution.
One difficulty with a 'solution' is that implies something is fixable via a definable and doable policy. Maybe that's not the case.

The interesting thing about Argentina is the change over time. I'd like to find a smoking gun for some causality, but like most things in the world of economics, it's just a story.

To be fair about Mexico, is it really any different than the rest of the third world? Especially when you add in some cyclical behavior in terms of unrest, resource depletion, and the like. The more interesting story is to determine why Switzerland, post war Japan, the Anglosphere, is successful.

If you don't expect much from a country, you can't be disappointed.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:37 AM

I'm not denying those problems people just exaggerate and the living standards aren't not bad at all comparing to the rest of country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...elopment_Index.

And ocean I honestly have no desire to go to the U.S. I have all the requirements economically to prove to the U.S. consulate from here I might apply one day to to get to know New York.

I go canada every year that's where learned English and French I do have a Spanish Mexican accent Spanish is my mother tounge language obviously.

And yes people are afraid to protest against the Government because they're afraid to be killed that's what happened to the 43 students from guerrero they protest against them for equal education and then the government blamed the drug cartels when in reality they had nothing to do cartel people don't mess with INNOCENT PEOPLE!

Old 05-17-2017, 10:44 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corerius View Post
To be fair about Mexico, is it really any different than the rest of the third world?
No. That's the point many of us are making!!!

Old 05-17-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
No. That's the point many of us are making!!!

Thirt world would be like Central America or Guatemala or South Mexico the rest of Mexico even with it's problems if you really have been to most of Mexico as you claimed you would know the rest is very developed.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I'm not denying those problems people just exaggerate and the living standards aren't not bad at all comparing to the rest of country.

That seems like a fair statement.

You do have to admit that it was mean of the Anglos to steal the part of North America that had all the roads, but what's done is done.

Generally, I'd say that a lot of US citizens are miffed because of the problems posed by mass immigration (both in population increase and in the culture wars you are bound to have). This kind of hockey stick is a serious business:

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/m...migration2.png

...but, there's no call for being unrealistic in appraising Mexico itself. I don't doubt that most of the country is different than prohibition-era Chicago, it's just that that makes the most interesting news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico