Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 10:35 PM

146 posts, read 150,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Well, it's kind of complicated. Just because you look very White in Mexico doesn't mean you have 'direct' European lineage, though it definitely exists. For example, one of my best friends from Baja California is blonde (natural), blue eyed and super tall. She doesn't even know how far back her European heritage goes and what it is.

But, there are also many who have direct heritage and they know what it is. I have at least 3 Mexican friends from northern Mexico with Spanish grandparents, they even have unique last names, one is Roji. Some other friend's last names are Ptacnik and Ayub, non-Hispanic last names. My co-worker's last names are Percevault and Adissi. These names and many others have history in Mexico.

Northern Mexico and Mexico in general are more diverse than people realize, and its indigenous populations are very diverse as well.

That's right but the indigenous from the north were very nomadic and wild I have a book describing them a lot them attack mestizos and Spanish families brought from Spain to colonize there.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:24 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,330,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMex View Post
Being Mexican is fascinating the European ancestry is predominant in Northern Mexico while central split of both and South Mexico is mostly native.

So that's explains why a lot Mexicans look Caucasian I look iberian but I'm sure I have indigenous ancestry.

Sorry, but weren't you Irish-Ginger, Trinidarian African, Andalusian Dutch, Italian, from Lille, etc?

Old 05-11-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Well, it's kind of complicated. Just because you look very White in Mexico doesn't mean you have 'direct' European lineage, though it definitely exists. For example, one of my best friends from Baja California is blonde (natural), blue eyed and super tall. She doesn't even know how far back her European heritage goes and what it is.

But, there are also many who have direct heritage and they know what it is. I have at least 3 Mexican friends from northern Mexico with Spanish grandparents, they even have unique last names, one is Roji. Some other friend's last names are Ptacnik and Ayub, non-Hispanic last names. My co-worker's last names are Percevault and Adissi. These names and many others have history in Mexico.

Northern Mexico and Mexico in general are more diverse than people realize, and its indigenous populations are very diverse as well.

Don't bother, the farthest Leoncio Morcillo has travelled is Benidorm, though originally from some Dutch colony.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:42 PM

146 posts, read 150,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Sorry, but weren't you Irish-Ginger, Trinidarian African, Andalusian Dutch, Italian, from Lille, etc?

What is your problem? I have no idea what you talking about.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMex View Post
What is your problem? I have no idea what you talking about.
Sorry, I thoght you were from Lille.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:16 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,922,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The 11 million figure is the total of ALL estimated undocumented immigrants, not just those from Mexico.
plus legal immigrants... minus those who returned. It's complicated

Old 05-12-2017, 04:44 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,050,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
plus legal immigrants... minus those who returned. It's complicated
Total immigrant population in the US is currently about 50 million plus. That includes both illegal and legal. It is the highest total in US history.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:50 PM

I don't think so. Might be the largest numerically, but not percentually.
I bet there were more during the large migrations more than a century ago.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:18 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,050,894 times
Info on immigration to US:

Frequently Requested Statistics on Immigrants and Immigration in the United States | migrationpolicy.org

Why Mexican immigration has been terrible for the US taxpayers:

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/artic...-united-states

Old 05-12-2017, 08:13 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,324,612 times
Quote:

My friend is a Solis.
But the same things are true in the US with white people being surprised they have African heritage. Although they have direct European ancestors.
I'm well aware of the diversity of Latin America, at least more than the average American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico