Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2017, 02:47 PM

146 posts, read 150,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I'm one of those expats. Lived here full-time 2008-2012 but had to return to US for family eldercare issue.

Bought another home here last month (Lake Chapala).

No fears for personal safety; we have and will again, drive all over Central MX and fly to other MXN cities.

While there are cartel murders, they are mostly concentrated in cities I don't want or need to visit (mostly on the way to the border, along known drug routes). While there are murders in Central MX (Michoacan heats up from time to time) we have not let it stop us from traveling. The bad guys know this: Hands Off The Gringos. Unless you come down here looking for trouble, it won't find you.

Thank you sir we need more people like you on this forum go ahead and tell to your fellas U.S News about Mexico are a joke always broadcasting the Negative of my country never the posite what kind of Neighbors of we Mexicans have????

Now about cartels is a none sense they don't mess with innocent people foreings tourist or nationals I'm Mexican so you can trust me I'm sure you been to Guadalajara where i'm from is pretty safe there of course... so you can be walking around of course i don' recomend walking in the stree of Guadalajara in midnight it just comon sense to prevent roberry..

It has nothing to do with being American as you are aware Guadalajara Mexico has a large full European ancestry we all are Mexicans my maternal family they are white and blondes and of course we are proud to be Mexican.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:19 AM

983 posts, read 1,634,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Exactly. That was my point.
Quite the opposite. It's pretty abstract, very little material knowledge is needed to score high.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:14 AM

345 posts, read 250,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMex View Post
I believe the true legal citizens of the american continent are the american indians . undocomented mexicans in the u.s are not native from there like a lot of them claim since the average mixed mexican has European and African DNA apart from the Native mexican.

A reasonable start for a theory.

Are the current inhabitants of Japan not legal citizens? Should the Sioux go back to South Carolina?

Old 05-15-2017, 09:33 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
Veteran journalist Javier Valdez killed in Mexico's Sinaloa | Fox News

Old 05-15-2017, 09:48 PM

I don't blame people like her is part of her culture to be ignorant and thinks she is superior to the rest of the world what can you expect some from the U.S? Lol they should be like their Northern neighbords Canada people with manners and polite at least that ones I encounter when I visit Canada..

It's funny when American expats or U.S..tourist travel to the real of Mexico (not border towns) they get surprised for not seesing slums cactus all desert etc but when they go home they create silly threads. Oh Mexico looks so beautiful nice modern cities looks like Beverley hills just look the ones from here lol

I'm not rich or an elite but I definitely wear more luxurious than that average American for example watches like Amporio Armani just bought a car Luis Vuitton polo shirts etc.

When the average American can't buy a 20$ USD shirt because he is in collection due to bills lol.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:08 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
I'm not rich or an elite but I definitely wear more luxurious than that average American for example watches like Amporio Armani just bought a car Luis Vuitton polo shirts etc.

When the average American can't buy a 20$ USD shirt because he is in collection due to bills lol.
Yes, you can buy all kinds of counterfeit goods in the Mexican markets. It's one of the many criminal enterprises of the cartels. You can also buy the used jeans that Americans send down there, picked up by Mexican-Americans at garage sales in the USA. It's quite a sight to see endless lines of pickup trucks loaded ten feet high with American used junk, waiting to cross the border into Mexico.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:22 PM

You can think what ever wild fantasy you want but the truth has been spoken.

Ask any American expat living enough here can surely tells you that the average Mexican middle-upper class national gets to enjoy more luxurious than so called "middle class American families.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:24 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
What do you expect from a country that cannot even protect it's mayors and governors from being assassinated every other week? Any journalist that dares print the truth about cartels has no chance to survive. The government has no control over the country.

I tried to paste the list of hundreds of journalists killed (or "disappeared") in the last ten years but CD said it was too long so you'll have to browse the link to see how lawless Mexico is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lled_in_Mexico

The list of politicians killed is almost as long.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...xican_Drug_War

Police are even worse, numbering in the thousands, including dozens of police chiefs.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:34 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
What's wrong with being a maid? Selective reading? Unlike leo, I've stated that I don't believe the stereotypes, just exposing his blatant racist hypocrisy.
No, its not selective reading. The pot calling the kettle black. You say you don't believe the stereotypes, but from seeing what you post, you sure seem to.

Anyways, you guys continue with your hate fest, let the hate fester within. Lol

Old 05-16-2017, 05:37 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,771,788 times
Quote:
Lazy thieves? LOL stop with the none sense you would be a maid here in Mexico city Guadalajara Monterrey by the middle-upper class Mexican familes.

Most americans expats are considered inferior by the middle-class-upper class since they dont have fashion to dress and their culture...

Middle-upper class Mexican citizens of 50% of the mexican population.

Que?

Oh, well... A bit of googling reveals that the image you posted is NOT a 'with friends shot' of America Ferrera (whose Ugly Betty 'Before' and 'After' looks are eerily like my own - except that the Suarez family were filthy rich, compared to my folks, and so I, as a kid, was vastly uglier than was Ugly Betty, 'before'.)

Instead, it's the anniversary celebration for a Bar & Bistro, in Mexico City: CARMELO POLANCO CUMPLE UN AÑO – CIO NOTICIAS TV

And here it is, during the day:https://www.google.com/maps/place/To...836374!6m1!1e1 (behind the office furniture truck) It's a pleasant street. Looks like New Orleans. And so you've proven that the Capital of your nation, particularly in its fashionable Polanco district ('The Beverly Hills of Mexico City'), has some prosperous people, and even some celebrities, and some fashion designers, who can afford bluejeans and fancy shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico