Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 07:59 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,330,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMex View Post
What about them??? Mexico racism isn't nearly as the U.S. we don't discriminate other Mexican citizens based on their race or phenotype we are not the U.S. race racism it's part of the American culture these days.

In Mexico discrimination is more among social clases Mexico abolished black slavery before the U.S. under Mexican law we are all labeled as equal citizens that's why we are not label as Mestizo Mexican European Mexican indigenous Mexican Arab Mexican etc

Unlike the U.S. it's separates their citizens from one to another to be honest it's very sad and horrible.
I bet you are a güerito..

Old 05-04-2017, 08:02 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,330,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
That's is not true at all. Indigenous Mexicans migrating to the US is quite new, it probably started in the 80s. Before that, it was mostly people from Michocan, Jalisco and Zacatecas. In border areas, people from Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, etc.. Most Mexicans in the US are not indigenous.
The first parachutes fell in DF during the 40's and 60`s..then, elsewhere.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:26 PM

983 posts, read 1,635,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I would say they are a third world country because of crime and a lack of law and order. Crime rules in Mexico.
That's about it. Corruption is everytwhere, almost necessary to survive.

Have a company and want to bid for public works? Be ready to spend at least 10% of the contract price in bribes. Traffic stop? $200 pesos (about $20 USD) will get you off. The policeman stopping you makes about $200 USD / month, and he probably has a bribe quota to fill ordered straight from a governor's or mayor's desk.

Property rights aren't respected... government will seize land with little to no compensation, people can invade your property and getting them out is nearly impossible.

Then we have unions. Are you a hotel worker? Be ready to unwillingly join an union and accept having 10% of your salary taken off. No it won't be used to protect you, it will go straight into the leader's bank account... the union won't get you any benefits, it's just there so the leader gets rich. Oh, and he is probably a senator or congressman, shielded from prosecution. He will be your union leader for decades. Same applies on lots of industries, from mining to construction to airline pilots.

I can go on forever... it adds up to billions. In Mexico, corruption is a constant, and it will stay a 3rd world country for as long as this corrupt political class stays in power.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:28 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,933,822 times
I spent three. Yrs in Thlapantla and Navarre with nary a problem other then being pulled over with their "Hauling Cargo" Law
Cost me a few dollars just to get rid of them. Got tired one night ,,(cop on a Honda) who tried my patience so I mentioned where the US Consulate was along with my connection to a Govt executive (my wife). He handed me my papers. And split. Mordida is common for sure.o

Old 05-04-2017, 08:11 PM

153 posts, read 135,820 times
In answer to the question, because they don't care. Why don't they care, because they have no reason to care. And why don't they have a reason to care. Because caring will get them nowhere in life, it'll just make them more tired with no reward. On the one hand I despise the Mexicans that don't care and don't give customer service at Sorianna for example, where I spend a lot of my money on a regular basis. On the other hand I understand. Why wear yourself out for a dead end job with very low pay. What do they call that? a double edge sword?

Old 05-04-2017, 08:35 PM

146 posts, read 150,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I spent three. Yrs in Thlapantla and Navarre with nary a problem other then being pulled over with their "Hauling Cargo" Law
Cost me a few dollars just to get rid of them. Got tired one night ,,(cop on a Honda) who tried my patience so I mentioned where the US Consulate was along with my connection to a Govt executive (my wife). He handed me my papers. And split. Mordida is common for sure.o

"Cost me a few dollars just to get rid of them" with all respect you're a HYPOCRITE You complaining how our government is so corrupted yet you feed the corruption just to get them out of your shoulders.

I personally don't have anything against any expat or retiree wanting to live in Mexico aside from corruption we have some beautiful places and things down here and not to mention our food is DELICIOUS!

You don't seem like a good American expat you're disgraceful to Mexico and the Mexican people hopefully you get deported from Mexico.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:40 PM

146 posts, read 150,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairmaker13 View Post
In answer to the question, because they don't care. Why don't they care, because they have no reason to care. And why don't they have a reason to care. Because caring will get them nowhere in life, it'll just make them more tired with no reward. On the one hand I despise the Mexicans that don't care and don't give customer service at Sorianna for example, where I spend a lot of my money on a regular basis. On the other hand I understand. Why wear yourself out for a dead end job with very low pay. What do they call that? a double edge sword?
We don't care??? How did you know ? How you ever been to Mexico? Or have you paid attention to Mexican political news??? It is possible for Mexico to enter in a civil war!! There's a new political party candidate running for Mexico that can make a change his political party name is Morena Amlo Lopez Obrador and he is a leftist he is running for Mexico presidential election 2018 .

Old 05-04-2017, 10:39 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,056,523 times
I never view corruption as totally bad, there's some benefits along the way!

Where would you rather get a speeding ticket or a DUI? Mexico or the U.S?

I was stopped a couple times by the police while driving around Mexico, and I just handed the officer $20, mucho gracias, and continued my trip.

My last ticket here set me back $250! And your insurance goes up!

During the most corrupt times in NYC, if you wanted to open up a brothel, you paid the police $50 a month to keep it open. Not much different with the bars and opium dens back then.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:06 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,933,822 times
How nice, I get insulted by a "educated"? Mexican. THANKYOU just made my day. Person needs to study up on Comprehension. My mordida of $5 or so is nothing compared to the value of my time. O had Govt connections but only used them as a last resort. I was in Mexico City with Abogado and a Judge as friends. Just mentioning my wife's position opened doors...this I did not like doing. (Abogados) correction. Again thanx fer the kind words.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:39 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,795,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliberately View Post
* Corruption :
Affecting all levers of government.

* Mexican mentality:
A lot of Mexicans are still a very superstitious people, easily manipulated by the whole catholic church, and of course their TV with the whole soap opera sphere of influence perpetuating in them the myth of the importance of the social classes and the influence of the church in their daily lives.

This sounds like Americans nowadays- believing conspiracy theories, educating themselves off of tv shows, allowing far right Christianity to control the country. Americans are turning into what Mexicans *used to* be like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico