Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 05:44 PM

146 posts, read 150,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Would you drink the water in Flint, Michigan? And it's coming to light now, Flint is the tip of the iceberg!

And where did Mexico learn their corruption lessons from? Perhaps their neighbor to the North when it was a 3rd world country, and as well as today? Let's hope to God the politicians aren't watching the "Trump Show"! If you read about the corruption in NYC alone in the 1800's, it was completely off the charts!!

A Police captain retiring in the 1890's with $1.5 million in assets, and in today's dollars? $300 million?

Give Mexico some time, it will come with their fertility rate having dropped to 2.2!

American would like to put their blinders on to all the 3rd world areas of the U.S.! Getting more 3rd world every day!
American and Canadians expats/retirees move to Mexico for many economic and personal reasons while the Mexicans historically migrated because due to live inequality first of all the American health care is extremely ridiculous and expensive all Mexicans have access to medical care even those with low income resources "Seguro popular is free " and it covers many things even free medicine for HIV/AIDS patients.

Buying a house or property in Mexico is more affordable almost every Mexican has a own house while most Americans pay rent in the U.S. there's a government program in Mexico called Infonavit that gives credit to it's citizens and permanent residence so they can easily buy a house.

I can think many reasons why third age Americans and Canadians rather live in Mexico than in their countries even though we are labeled as THIRD WORLD.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Have you read your own comments about indigenous Mexicans? How can you demand respect when you don't respect your own. Please answer that question.
What about them??? Mexico racism isn't nearly as the U.S. we don't discriminate other Mexican citizens based on their race or phenotype we are not the U.S. race racism it's part of the American culture these days.

In Mexico discrimination is more among social clases Mexico abolished black slavery before the U.S. under Mexican law we are all labeled as equal citizens that's why we are not label as Mestizo Mexican European Mexican indigenous Mexican Arab Mexican etc

Unlike the U.S. it's separates their citizens from one to another to be honest it's very sad and horrible.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:45 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,056,523 times
^^^^

Just watch Spanish television, and you'll see the racism in Mexico!

In all 22 Spanish speaking countries, the saying goes: Whiter the skin the further you go! And that includes the Philippines! I work some Filipino's who wouldn't think of laying in the sun and getting a tan!

I once knew someone in Tijuana, and I commented how good he looked, being out in the sun, and he remarked: I don't want to look like a negro!

My Mexican roommate, in the 18 years he's lived her, would never consider wearing a tank top or shorts, even in the heat of the summer in Las Vegas. Protect that skin color, conditioning he learned from growing up in Mexico.

When I had some property in Baja I used to go to Bancomer to make my yearly payment, and take a look around, white-white-white!

Old 05-03-2017, 11:11 PM

And what's wrong with having white Mexicans on Tv and that's not true Mexico TV has people of all spectrums there's 70 million Mexicans with at least partial 50% European ancestry and 10 million full blooded European Mexicans.

White Mexicans make the majority in North Mexico some towns are filled with Mexicans of German and Italian ancestry anyway.

Americans who never been to Mexico don't know this because most Mexicans in the U.S. are mostly of indigenous ancestry in Mexico there's 30 million indigenous Mexicans. Vs 80 million Mexicans of both partially and full blooded European ancestry.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:04 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,795,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMex View Post
What about them???Mexico racism isn't nearly as the U.S. we don't discriminate other Mexican citizens based on their race or phenotype we are not the U.S. race racism it's part of the American culture these days.

In Mexico discrimination is more among social clases Mexico abolished black slavery before the U.S. under Mexican law we are all labeled as equal citizens that's why we are not label as Mestizo Mexican European Mexican indigenous Mexican Arab Mexican etc

Unlike the U.S. it's separates their citizens from one to another to be honest it's very sad and horrible.
Yeah right, if you believe that, you are delusional. Talk to Oaxacans who have moved to other parts of Mexico, especially if they speak their native languages.

Racism exists in both countries and manifests itself sometimes differently, sometimes the same.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:08 AM

Quote:
And what's wrong with having white Mexicans on Tv and that's not true Mexico TV has people of all spectrums there's 70 million Mexicans with at least partial 50% European ancestry and 10 million full blooded European Mexicans.

White Mexicans make the majority in North Mexico some towns are filled with Mexicans of German and Italian ancestry anyway.

Americans who never been to Mexico don't know this because most Mexicans in the U.S. are mostly of indigenous ancestry in Mexico there's 30 million indigenous Mexicans. Vs 80 million Mexicans of both partially and full blooded European ancestry.
That's is not true at all. Indigenous Mexicans migrating to the US is quite new, it probably started in the 80s. Before that, it was mostly people from Michocan, Jalisco and Zacatecas. In border areas, people from Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, etc.. Most Mexicans in the US are not indigenous.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:26 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,056,523 times
When it comes to immigrants, the indigenous just don't have the $$ to pay the smugglers, no different than any other part of the world.

These Syrian refugees are the not the poorest of the poor coming out of Syria as it costs $$ to pay the smugglers, which leaves the poorest behind.

I work with a number of Filipino's and the majority of them came from middle class families in the Philippines, and, once again, the poorest stay behind! Their families have the money to send them to schools to learn English, pay the visa fees, and the high cost of a flight from Manila to the U.S.!

Old 05-04-2017, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
That's is not true at all. Indigenous Mexicans migrating to the US is quite new, it probably started in the 80s. Before that, it was mostly people from Michocan, Jalisco and Zacatecas. In border areas, people from Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, etc.. Most Mexicans in the US are not indigenous.
Then they shouldn't be surprised to see Mexicans like this in TV like I said there's 10 million of us in Mexico with no indigenous ancestry of Spaniard French German ancestry etc.

Northern Mexico is majority white except border towns god damn sure does feel good to be white Mexican.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:49 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
I would say they are a third world country because of crime and a lack of law and order. Crime rules in Mexico.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Then they shouldn't be surprised to see Mexicans like this in TV like I said there's 10 million of us in Mexico with no indigenous ancestry of Spaniard French German ancestry etc.

Northern Mexico is majority white except border towns god damn sure does feel good to be white Mexican.
Gael Garcia Bernal looks like a typical Mexican. No one here would be surprised he is Mexican. I work in a large office, there are 3 White red-headed Mexicans that can pass for Irish. Those are the ones who throw people off.

Northern Mexico is not a 'majority White,' there's just a larger White presence there. My family is from Mexicali and Jalisco. We have all types of people in my family- White, dark, in between. But, they are humble kind people who can give a rats a** about skin colors. Thank God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico