Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2017, 11:18 AM

6,321 posts, read 7,050,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
25%? The population of Mexico is rising, not falling. Do you have any link whatsoever to support such a ridiculous number?
"The United States is home to the second-largest Mexican community in the world, second only to Mexico itself, and comprising more than 24% of the entire Mexican-origin population of the world. Canada is a distant third, with a small Mexican Canadian population of 96,055 (0.3% of the population) as of 2011.[3]"

From the PEW research study on Mexican immigration.

I am a immigrant to the US. I cannot fault the Mexican people for fleeing that hell-hole of a country. My parents fled Communism so I know first hand about the problems of living in countries that don't gave a dam about their people.

My problem is with the Mexican government for "exporting" their poor people to the US and the US government for accepting them so Mexico does not have a revolution. Enough already.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:30 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,948,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
"The United States is home to the second-largest Mexican community in the world, second only to Mexico itself, and comprising more than 24% of the entire Mexican-origin population of the world. Canada is a distant third, with a small Mexican Canadian population of 96,055 (0.3% of the population) as of 2011.[3]"
I believe that also includes Americans of Mexican descent/ancestry, many of whom did not immigrate from Mexico itself (but rather, were born in the US).

Old 05-08-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I believe that also includes Americans of Mexican descent/ancestry, many of whom did not immigrate from Mexico itself (but rather, were born in the US).
Correct...but those folks are Mexican citizens and consider themselves Mexicans living in America.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:37 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,933,822 times
My making s comment about a Mordida in MC was just a remark and not a complaint. I do NOT like a person to person conversation with a "USAR" that hides behind a mask. Post s Real name and a Bio and I will converse all day long...am retired and OLD.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Correct...but those folks are Mexican citizens and consider themselves Mexicans living in America.
How are folks of Mexican descent born in the US, Mexican citizens?

Old 05-08-2017, 01:45 PM

146 posts, read 150,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The 11 million figure is the total of ALL estimated undocumented immigrants, not just those from Mexico.

1+ And is declining more illegal Mexicans in the U.S voluntary keep living on their own to their home country to the point for the FIRST TIME IN MEXICAN HISTORY yet ignorant people refuses to knowledge that.

In my personal opinion the U.S has never been a friend to Mexico hope fully this LEFTIST candidate Mexican wins in the election of 2018 what's bad for the American people is good for the Mexican citizens and hopefully we get all the resources back that our corrupted government has gave to the U.S

for example the Gasoline is one of those factors it's ridiculous!! the we the citizens of Mexico are paying in Mexican currency at a rate of USD when those oil resources are from Mexico .

Old 05-08-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
How are folks of Mexican descent born in the US, Mexican citizens?
The Mexican Constitution states that Mexicans Citizens by birth are: persons born in Mexican territory regardless of parents' nationality or immigration status in Mexico. persons born abroad of a Mexican Citizen born in Mexico. persons born to an individual after that person has become a naturalized citizen of Mexico.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
The Mexican Constitution states that Mexicans Citizens by birth are: persons born in Mexican territory regardless of parents' nationality or immigration status in Mexico. persons born abroad of a Mexican Citizen born in Mexico. persons born to an individual after that person has become a naturalized citizen of Mexico.
So anything from the third generation and beyond doesn't count, even though they still may be Mexican in ancestry (and theoretically counted in this figure assuming they identify as such)?

Old 05-08-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
So anything from the third generation and beyond doesn't count, even though they still may be Mexican in ancestry (and theoretically counted in this figure assuming they identify as such)?
I am not sure we have reached the third generation in significant numbers in this country. I grew up in California in the 60's and 70's and there were very few Mexicans in those days.

In our community, there were ZERO Mexicans in 1985 when we moved here. Currently, they are over 35% of the population and 55% of the school population. The escape from Mexico really started in the early 1990's.

So we are just at the point of a third generation being born here and losing their Mexican citizenship. What I find interesting is how many of the second generation considers themselves Mexicans first and Americans second. So I stick by the 25% number.

Here are some numbers from the Census. 1980 first year Hispanic listed as a mandatory choice....6.4% of the US population 14.6 million people. 2015 17.6% of the US population...total numbers 56.6 million. So 35 million and 25% are probably the correct numbers.

I think it has everything to do with proximity to Mexico. It was 12 time zones for me to return to my parents homeland!!

Even though I was born in South America I have not been back since we left.....

Last edited by 509; 05-08-2017 at 03:17 PM..

Old 05-08-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I am not sure we have reached the third generation in significant numbers in this country. I grew up in California in the 60's and 70's and there were very few Mexicans in those days.
I grew up in California in the 80's and 90's and I was surrounded by Mexicans. I'm 3rd generation FWIW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico