Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 05:13 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,330,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
[/b]

The pot calling the kettle black.

We shouldn't be pointing fingers at others when we ourselves do the same, tsk tsk.

She lives in a slum in Rottingdamm and sells plastic tulips, knows as much of Mexico as the husband of Barbie.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:58 AM

983 posts, read 1,635,331 times
Quote:
IQ tests/scores aren't really a good measure of intelligence. Most highly educated people know this.

What is your point with this statement anyways?
They are a good measure of intelligence. However, using AVERAGES between countries (or races, or any other groupings) for comparison is STUPID, because the variations are HIGHER INSIDE THE GROUPS THAN BETWEEN THEM.

Sorry for going off topic, but general intelligence does exist, does predict things about INDIVIDUALS and I'm against its demonization. Key word is INDIVIDUALS, of course.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:33 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,074,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
They are a good measure of intelligence. However, using AVERAGES between countries (or races, or any other groupings) for comparison is STUPID, because the variations are HIGHER INSIDE THE GROUPS THAN BETWEEN THEM.

Sorry for going off topic, but general intelligence does exist, does predict things about INDIVIDUALS and I'm against its demonization. Key word is INDIVIDUALS, of course.
It's demonized for the simple fact that IQ tests don't measure it well. They measure knowledge, not the capacity to reason or learn.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:09 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,795,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
She lives in a slum in Rottingdamm and sells plastic tulips, knows as much of Mexico as the husband of Barbie.
Lol. On another post in the Americas page she displays her 'knowledge' on how there has been very little Spanish migration to Mexico.

I don't know why people insist on pretending to have knowledge about places.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
It's demonized for the simple fact that IQ tests don't measure it well. They measure knowledge, not the capacity to reason or learn.
Exactly. That was my point.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:19 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,330,830 times
Quote:
Lol. On another post in the Americas page she displays her 'knowledge' on how there has been very little Spanish migration to Mexico.

Problem are multiple nicks, more than 200 in this case.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:50 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,329,664 times
Quote:

I can't rep you again.

I know a girl from Northern Mexico that insists that she's not white/European despite glaring European features. I'm not sure she even knows about the Spanish.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:13 PM

146 posts, read 150,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I can't rep you again.

I know a girl from Northern Mexico that insists that she's not white/European despite glaring European features. I'm not sure she even knows about the Spanish.

Than she's dumb Northern Mexico in the colonial are was once a white man country of full blooded Spaniards and few mestizos.

Although Mr. Arellano disagrees with me, even he can not get away from the fact that in 1810 there were 1,107,367 full-blooded Spaniards, as opposed to only 704,245 mestizos. In other words, the mestizos were significantly less than the criollos, concurring with what the census records of Northern New Spain show. The same criollo to mestizo rate would be true in 1793, but in 1793 the mulattos and others were counted among the mestizos. Clearly, however, the mestizos were less than the criollos. But 1,107,367 full blooded Spaniards in 1810 and 1,095,000 in 1793 are

Spaniard Americans by Alex Loya

Old 05-11-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I can't rep you again.

Well, it's kind of complicated. Just because you look very White in Mexico doesn't mean you have 'direct' European lineage, though it definitely exists. For example, one of my best friends from Baja California is blonde (natural), blue eyed and super tall. She doesn't even know how far back her European heritage goes and what it is.

But, there are also many who have direct heritage and they know what it is. I have at least 3 Mexican friends from northern Mexico with Spanish grandparents, they even have unique last names, one is Roji. Some other friend's last names are Ptacnik and Ayub, non-Hispanic last names. My co-worker's last names are Percevault and Adissi. These names and many others have history in Mexico.

Northern Mexico and Mexico in general are more diverse than people realize, and its indigenous populations are very diverse as well.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:54 PM

146 posts, read 150,947 times
Being Mexican is fascinating the European ancestry is predominant in Northern Mexico while central split of both and South Mexico is mostly native.

So that's explains why a lot Mexicans look Caucasian I look iberian but I'm sure I have indigenous ancestry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico