Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 11:59 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

A Fraudulent enlistment can be a felony. So consider yourself lucky that you never have to worry about being arrested even if that means kissing your Marine Corps career goodbye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 03:05 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,332,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres34578 View Post
thank you for describing it to me. I know I should have said something but I do understand my placement and the situation I was in I should have said something but out of sheer respect, I wasn't going to argue with the man and I understand. I asked him several times and try my best to highlight the situation is important and told me it was fine. I want the paperwork to be done right. It isn't some dream of mine to become a marine and if I can't become a Marine thats okay. Medical sat me down and said I will be okay and come back with the correct document. Technically they denied me but " a bump in the road". If I am willing to become a Marine with this that's great and if I can't thats fine. Its not like I lied. I want to work with the government and I know when security clearence comes up they can see this paperwork really easily. Should I contact him and see the status or let him be? I know his commander came in last week and talk to him and his boss.
The status? He said to come back when you have the medical records. I think he is waiting on you, or did you already take the medical records back?

During your security clearance they can 100% see your 2807 (the form with the medical questions on it), but they will only see the final version, not the first version. They won't know that you signed false/inaccurate official forms.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:59 AM

5,719 posts, read 4,694,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
A Fraudulent enlistment can be a felony. So consider yourself lucky that you never have to worry about being arrested even if that means kissing your Marine Corps career goodbye.
Not in the real world. 22 years active Army, another 6 working for the Army. Never, ever heard of anyone being charged with fraudulent enlistment. That whole dope smoking question would lose a lot of recruits.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Not in the real world. 22 years active Army, another 6 working for the Army. Never, ever heard of anyone being charged with fraudulent enlistment. That whole dope smoking question would lose a lot of recruits.
well, which is why I said ".. can be"

which is why I said, "you never have to worry about being arrested."

With all due respect, you never heard of something, doesn't mean it never happened. You never heard of it probably because they did not bother to check on you or didn't bother to pursue it. It STILL CAN BE a felony.

I have no ideas why some people (not saying you) on the internet always take this kind of thing so lightly. Imagine if somebody are reading this thread, I think they need to know the potential consequence (the worst case scenario) and make wise choice.

Like I posted in another thread, they probably will never find out, they (military) probably will never bother to check you out, but it simply is not worth it to lie in order to be accepted. You have to worry about that lie for the rest of your life.

Plus, op said "it would take a google search to find all that medical stuff on me " I don't think he meant dope smoking.

Plus, isn't that The US Military has officially said that smoking marijuana in the past will no longer be an issue? The standard these days is "...pre-service marijuana use without exposure to legal proceedings is in itself not disqualifying." (I am not 100% sure about this, so feel free to correct me) The worst case scenario, they gave you a waiver. The best case scenario, they probably won't even care. They know that you have to stay clean after joining anyway, so the people who have to depend on drugs and couldn't quit probably shouldn't join anyway.

I imagine that the military gets more than its fair share of applicants who have some degree of history with illegal (as in federally illegal) drug use. What’s probably more important to recruiters in the present is that you are no longer using drugs, have no intention of using drugs while waiting to go to basic training, and can pass a drug test now and any time prior to your shipping out.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 06-19-2019 at 11:07 AM..

Old 06-19-2019, 11:16 AM

15 posts, read 61,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
The status? He said to come back when you have the medical records. I think he is waiting on you, or did you already take the medical records back?

During your security clearance they can 100% see your 2807 (the form with the medical questions on it), but they will only see the final version, not the first version. They won't know that you signed false/inaccurate official forms.
Yeah! hopefully that is the case. Was just denied at medical until paperwork is straight. XO who worked their tried to help me understand that I didn't do anything wrong and come back with correct paperwork. Recuriter now has me on a wild goose chase on something I already give him. Wish me luck!!

Old 06-19-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
well, which is why I said ".. can be"

which is why I said, "you never have to worry about being arrested."

With all due respect, you never heard of something, doesn't mean it never happened. You never heard of it probably because they did not bother to check on you or didn't bother to pursue it. It STILL CAN BE a felony.

I have no ideas why some people (not saying you) on the internet always take this kind of thing so lightly. Imagine if somebody are reading this thread, I think they need to know the potential consequence (the worst case scenario) and make wise choice.

Like I posted in another thread, they probably will never find out, they (military) probably will never bother to check you out, but it simply is not worth it to lie in order to be accepted. You have to worry about that lie for the rest of your life.

Plus, op said "it would take a google search to find all that medical stuff on me " I don't think he meant dope smoking.

Plus, isn't that The US Military has officially said that smoking marijuana in the past will no longer be an issue? The standard these days is "...pre-service marijuana use without exposure to legal proceedings is in itself not disqualifying." (I am not 100% sure about this, so feel free to correct me) The worst case scenario, they gave you a waiver. The best case scenario, they probably won't even care. They know that you have to stay clean after joining anyway, so the people who have to depend on drugs and couldn't quit probably shouldn't join anyway.

I imagine that the military gets more than its fair share of applicants who have some degree of history with illegal (as in federally illegal) drug use. What’s probably more important to recruiters in the present is that you are no longer using drugs, have no intention of using drugs while waiting to go to basic training, and can pass a drug test now and any time prior to your shipping out.
Right and no its not drugs or being arrested or anything like. Its dealing with education status and sadly any moron can find this paperwork and their is a lot of it medical and what the school is dealing with. If im disqualified than I respect that decision choice but I don't think it should be a problem for actual enlistment though. Didn't go to security clearance. Medical told me and sat me down explaining what I should do and say with the recutier. Just bring back correct documentation for it.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres34578 View Post
Right and no its not drugs or being arrested or anything like. Its dealing with education status and sadly any moron can find this paperwork and their is a lot of it medical and what the school is dealing with. If im disqualified than I respect that decision choice but I don't think it should be a problem for actual enlistment though. Didn't go to security clearance. Medical told me and sat me down explaining what I should do and say with the recutier. Just bring back correct documentation for it.
I think your honesty will pay off. I wish you luck.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I think your honesty will pay off. I wish you luck.
I really hope so. I'm getting mixed responses. Thank you for helping me out though!

Old 06-19-2019, 07:50 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,078,467 times
If you want a fairy tale answer, then stop reading my post now.

You need to forget about the Marine Corps and move on with your life.

My recruiter told me to lie, and I did. You wanted to be a part of something. The first people who tried to help you get there knew the system, and what stood in your way. They tried to help you, and you backstabbed them. You've shown that your ass is more important than your team. I've never been a recruiter, but I could imagine something like this (or a few) could cause someone to lose there recruiting status, and be a negative mark on their record. It is also now on your record that you have lied on govt documents. This might actually follow you and them a lot longer.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:25 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
So no one is alarmed by the blatant dishonesty of recruiters and soldiers? Then, we're supposed to honor them? Geesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues