Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 09:25 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,805,306 times

Advertisements

Berlin, because it was so good made every other place since a drag!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
PSAB Prince Sulton Air Base (sold to Saudis...thanks Bush) Tent city

Although I was stationed at Langley Fort Useless (Eustis) b/c of their limited medical capacity

Old 10-09-2009, 12:40 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Two, actually. Fort Bliss, Texas and Fort Hood, Texas.

Why? They were both in Texas!

I agree Ft Hood was bad. Too many soldiers.The mess halls and chow lines were the pits. Long waits for bad food. I was sick of seeing thug soldiers cutting the chow lines. Nothing to do off post.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,785,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Mine was Ft Bragg NC or as we called it Ft DRAGG. I experienced the worst case of "Reverse Prejudice" I have ever seen. Even to the point when I went to the E-5 board and hit the highest scorse possible and they gave stripes to a guy that was busted for dope two weeks prior to the board. But some how the information came up missing from his record.
What a small world it is.

I wasn't stationed at Bragg but I was stationed next door....no hope Pope.

The shop I worked in was an old run down condemed WWII building that was dismantled/moved from Alaska in 1960 and was re-erected on Pope. The building leaked when it rained and was miserably hot in the summer time and you had birds making nests in the tiles which prompted them to bomb the hangar. Plus the equipment we owned was shot/beat all to hell and should have been canned a long time ago. But instead they chose to keep it and keep fixing it even after every nut and bolt had been replaced 5 times and even as much as replaced with the improper parts. Overall morale in my shop was low and poor.

Then the town itself was crappy...Fayettehell...or you might know it better as Fayettenam....maybe even Gayetteville since there were so many trannys running around....if not that then it was the high crime, muggings, robberies, bad drivers, gridlock traffic and shady businesses. Add to that it was always muggy in the summer time. And if you were a single guy looking to hook up with a chick...good luck. The men to women ratio had to have been an easy 20:1.

Then I got orders to Whiteman which is the complete opposite of Fayetteville/Bragg.....only thing is you don't have everything at your finger tips...meaning you have to drive somewhere to get anywhere...but at least traffic and crime are low. The morale is still low at this shop but the equipment is a little better condition but not much. And 10 miles out is a college town with some pretty fine looking girls.

So those are my 2 assignments, I can't say which is worse, they both had their pros and cons.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:20 PM

543 posts, read 1,000,054 times
The Great Mistake?
Wait, the guys from there are gorgeous!!!!!!
Hmm, RTC? Yeah, P-days were the worst!

Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,147,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
What a small world it is.

I wasn't stationed at Bragg but I was stationed next door....no hope Pope.

The shop I worked in was an old run down condemed WWII building that was dismantled/moved from Alaska in 1960 and was re-erected on Pope. The building leaked when it rained and was miserably hot in the summer time and you had birds making nests in the tiles which prompted them to bomb the hangar. Plus the equipment we owned was shot/beat all to hell and should have been canned a long time ago. But instead they chose to keep it and keep fixing it even after every nut and bolt had been replaced 5 times and even as much as replaced with the improper parts. Overall morale in my shop was low and poor.

Then the town itself was crappy...Fayettehell...or you might know it better as Fayettenam....maybe even Gayetteville since there were so many trannys running around....if not that then it was the high crime, muggings, robberies, bad drivers, gridlock traffic and shady businesses. Add to that it was always muggy in the summer time. And if you were a single guy looking to hook up with a chick...good luck. The men to women ratio had to have been an easy 20:1.

Then I got orders to Whiteman which is the complete opposite of Fayetteville/Bragg.....only thing is you don't have everything at your finger tips...meaning you have to drive somewhere to get anywhere...but at least traffic and crime are low. The morale is still low at this shop but the equipment is a little better condition but not much. And 10 miles out is a college town with some pretty fine looking girls.

So those are my 2 assignments, I can't say which is worse, they both had their pros and cons.
I remember thoughs names well from back in 1986. They could burn Fayettenam to the ground and take my Ex-wife and all the back stabbing Bible thumpers with it and I wouldn't shead a tear. Well maybe a tear of joy .

Old 10-27-2009, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,985 times
The worst place I was station was the USS NIMITZ.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:47 PM

691 posts, read 2,329,587 times
Gotta go with Malmstrom in Great Falls, MT. Imagine, going from Las Vegas, NV to Great Falls, MT. I did not even have any clothes to wear there. The winter is like watching that movie "Groundhog Day", it never ENDS. I did finally get used to living there, but then, we left again.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:35 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,147,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post
Gotta go with Malmstrom in Great Falls, MT. Imagine, going from Las Vegas, NV to Great Falls, MT. I did not even have any clothes to wear there. The winter is like watching that movie "Groundhog Day", it never ENDS. I did finally get used to living there, but then, we left again.
How could anyone have bad time in Montana? Some our best vacations were in Montana.

Last edited by EarthBound?; 01-25-2011 at 12:00 PM..

Old 11-05-2009, 06:34 PM

872 posts, read 3,585,830 times
29 Palms, CA. Went there for Mojave Viper, granted it's only 35 days long but that was a very, very, very long 35 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues