Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 09:09 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times

Advertisements

and another thing...if the dome site is chosen, thousands of our children will likely be given a death sentence, freezing to death in their soccer shorts....

If Vikings stadium is built at Metrodome site, MSHSL executive expects scheduling problems - TwinCities.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 09:30 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
Along with the 250+ other organizations that use the Dome for various functions through out the year---and the revenue they bring to downtown while they visit those functions. The dome is pretty much booked every day of the year for something. Add in the walking and rollerblading clubs that use it daily....it's just a busy place. It's also very cold in MN in late November usually....

Old 01-25-2012, 09:42 AM

here are the Top 19 Viking Stadium rederings of all time...remember you can only pick one (or two, or whatever)....

I am disappointed that the Holy Basilica Salad Spinner is not represented.

twin city sidewalks: The Top 19 Vikings Stadium Renderings of All Time

Old 01-26-2012, 07:21 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,424,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
here are the Top 19 Viking Stadium rederings of all time...remember you can only pick one (or two, or whatever)....

I am disappointed that the Holy Basilica Salad Spinner is not represented.

twin city sidewalks: The Top 19 Vikings Stadium Renderings of All Time
That was a great read, thanks for posting!

Old 01-26-2012, 01:51 PM

989 posts, read 2,962,195 times
Quote:
let's see the expense side of the Vikings balance sheet as long as you're offering up your financial services. for starters, the Vikings player payroll is around $84,000,000/year.
Wish I could help you out there. Pretty sure it would raise the anti in stupidity by an order of magnitude.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford63 View Post
Wish I could help you out there. Pretty sure it would raise the anti in stupidity by an order of magnitude.
it's spelled ante not anti, spose the irony of that would be lost on you tho

Old 01-26-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
it's spelled ante not anti, spose the irony of that would be lost on you tho
+1 Ghengis

It would be a lot easier to get on board with helping out with a new stadium if the books were opened. Just sayin 300-500 million donation without a peak is a pill.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford63 View Post
+1 Ghengis

It would be a lot easier to get on board with helping out with a new stadium if the books were opened. Just sayin 300-500 million donation without a peak is a pill.
agreed, but even if the Wilf's wanted to, the league's "rules" prohibit them from doing so. The Packers do have to show theirs but no other team does. This really isn't so they can pull fast ones on local communities but is designed to keep their employees (the players) in the dark as to how much they are really making.

Even so there are plenty of studies out there for viewing in which a fair estimate can be made on where the financials shake out. I think Philladelphia may be the only team in the league that actually owns their stadium and are not a tenant, so the Vikings situation is hardly unique in that regard.

the Vikings started out this process by offering up 1/3 ($235M) of what a roofless stadium would cost, same pct as what the Twins paid for their stadium that is used 71 more times a year than the Vikings require. Last I saw, the Vikings were up to $425M or about 39% of the AH site. I think they should push that up to 50% if they want their pick of the sites available. But even 99% won't be enough for some people.

Last edited by Ghengis; 01-26-2012 at 03:09 PM..

Old 01-26-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
agreed, but even if the Wilf's wanted to, the league's "rules" prohibit them from doing so. The Packers do have to show theirs but no other team does. This really isn't so they can pull fast ones on local communities but is designed to keep their employees (the players) in the dark as to how much they are really making.

Even so there are plenty of studies out there for viewing in which a fair estimate can be made on where the financials shake out. I think Philladelphia may be the only team in the league that actually owns their stadium and are not a tenant, so the Vikings situation is hardly unique in that regard.

the Vikings started out this process by offering up 1/3 ($235M) of what a roofless stadium would cost, same pct as what the Twins paid for their stadium that is used by them 71 more times a year than the Vikings require. Last I saw, the Vikings were up to $425M or about 39% of the AH site. I think they should push that up to 50% if they want their pick of the sites available. But even 99% won't be enough for some people.
I will be upfront here and say my problem lays with the NFL a lot more than the Wilfs. They pay a lot of money in salary to players, sure seems like they must have a lot to loose if they move to a model more like the NBA.

You got to show a lot of paperwork to get food stamps, and this is a lot of stamps to be sure.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:43 AM

Default Bye Bye Metrodome site

As expected, looks like Mayor Bicycle's Metrodome plan is blowing up in his face as the majority of the Mpls City Council is insisting on a referendum to shift the entertainment tax back to a stadium authority from the convention center, which ironically, it is was designated for in the first place.

MinnPost - Minneapolis council majority demands stadium referendum (http://www.minnpost.com/dailyglean/2012/01/27/34657/minneapolis_council_majority_demands_stadium_refer endum - broken link)

In addition, the outstate legislators have little stomach to get behind a proposal that includes a significant investment for the Timberwolves arena and the benefit of muti-billionaire owner Glen Taylor and the arena's owner...the city of Minneapolis.

Sports

It also appears the NFL isn't too keen about the Vikings having to play for 3 years in a minor-league facility and having to funnel even more than the $23M per year from the other clubs to prop up the Vikings.

NFL could block Vikings' stay at TCF Bank Stadium - TwinCities.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota