Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 01:16 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
..but as well, living in freezing cold temps for 7 or 8 months out of the year, doesn't attract me. Just my opinion and view.
LOL. Wow. That's quite the stretch. It's October 24th. Today's temperature was 71 in Minneapolis. It was 69 degrees in San Diego today.

Yeah, that's just freezing cold. Ooh, maybe I shouldn't have worn shorts today.

Last edited by Astron1000; 10-24-2014 at 01:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 02:54 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,002,287 times
Quote:
your statistics are most likely referring to the Little Rock area I wouldn't live in Little Rock if they paid me....the whole country is aware that Little Rock is one of the most crime riddled cities in the USA.... I am talking about northwestern Arkansas or around the Fayetteville Springdale Bentonville area which is a fast-growing gorgeous area with beautiful mountains and hills and lakes and rivers..... when I got out out of the Minneapolis Airport and had to take the light rail wow what an experience that was a pretty rough ride to say the least...... I also couldn't tell if St. Cloud was little Somalia. I agree Minnesota is a fine state but I don't think I'll be moving there anytime soon so enjoy God bless the great state of Minnesota. Plus I agree Winona is the prettiest part of the state...but as well, living in freezing cold temps for 7 or 8 months out of the year, doesn't attract me. Just my opinion and view.
Glad you were able to visit and now happily settled on an area to live. Enjoy the Ozarks.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:41 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,310,364 times
If you found the light rail to be an experience and a "rough ride" you aren't suited for living in a city anywhere and made the right choice by moving to wherever it is in arkansas.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:33 AM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
your statistics are most likely referring to the Little Rock area I wouldn't live in Little Rock if they paid me....the whole country is aware that Little Rock is one of the most crime riddled cities in the USA.... I am talking about northwestern Arkansas or around the Fayetteville Springdale Bentonville area which is a fast-growing gorgeous area with beautiful mountains and hills and lakes and rivers..... when I got out out of the Minneapolis Airport and had to take the light rail wow what an experience that was a pretty rough ride to say the least...... I also couldn't tell if St. Cloud was little Somalia. I agree Minnesota is a fine state but I don't think I'll be moving there anytime soon so enjoy God bless the great state of Minnesota. Plus I agree Winona is the prettiest part of the state...but as well, living in freezing cold temps for 7 or 8 months out of the year, doesn't attract me. Just my opinion and view.
It isn't just Little Rock. It is also Pine Bluff.

And something else. Why not say you were referring to Northwest Arkansas? It would have helped to say in specific. When you say you prefer Arkansas over Minnesota, I will assume you mean as a whole, as oppose to a specific area.

And you need to go up to Duluth. It's not called "San Francisco of the Midwest" for nothing. You got some mountains nearby in the Arrowhead region.

And about St. Cloud. So what if there is a sizable Somalian population? You probably went through the part of the city where many Somalians were living.

And freezing temperatures, well, that is winter for you. Winter in Minnesota gets cold. I would gladly put up with it if it means my quality of life goes up.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:20 PM

6 posts, read 8,840 times
Based on my experience with immigrating into us territory decision as to which state refugee reside in is made by individuals families and their 501 organizations during the initial orientation..

Old 10-30-2014, 11:51 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_muslim Atheist View Post
Based on my experience with immigrating into us territory decision as to which state refugee reside in is made by individuals families and their 501 organizations during the initial orientation..
Welcome. And what is your experience with MN so far? It appears you have changed your religious views. Did that have anything to do with your move to the state?

Old 10-30-2014, 12:14 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Welcome. And what is your experience with MN so far? It appears you have changed your religious views. Did that have anything to do with your move to the state?
What makes you think that?

Old 11-02-2014, 08:57 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
Your right, I don't do big cities, or even small cities anymore. I wouldn't even live in Fayetteville, I would live out in the country side. As well, living in frigid, long snowy winters doesn't excite me. I would not live in Duluth, though I am sure it is pretty by MN standards. Just my opinion and view, as some may love it there I am sure.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 11-02-2014 at 09:18 PM..

Old 11-19-2014, 08:57 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
For those following this thread I thought this recent statement from the United Arab Emirates was interesting.

Center for Security Policy | Once CAIR Supporters, U.A.E. Declares Them Terrorists

Old 06-01-2015, 12:23 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
I had to think about this. Bosnia and Albania are Muslim nations. I never hear about Bosnians or Albanians joining ISIS. I hear mostly about Somalians or Arabs joining. The first person to die for ISIS wasn't even of foreign extraction. it was an American Black person born in Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota