Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 11:10 AM

214 posts, read 601,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
We have a nice clear-ish blue sky day. No wind at all, if we are lucky we will do something other than watch movies today.
Oops I just saw a cloud, where is the remote control ?
See ! I just took this one from our front yard.
Is that the hill you got stuck on skiing when the chairlift went down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 01:16 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,064,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbechtel View Post
Is that the hill you got stuck on skiing when the chairlift went down?
Naw, there's not enough snow on that hill to ski on and no lift.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:20 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
Naw, there's not enough snow on that hill to ski on and no lift.
You don't need a lift. Just learn to ski up hill. Course, you might get arrested like this guy.

Jackson Hole News&Guide | Police stymie skier\'s ascent

Old 02-13-2011, 07:41 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
Quote:
We have a nice clear-ish blue sky day. No wind at all, if we are lucky we will do something other than watch movies today.
Oops I just saw a cloud, where is the remote control ?
See ! I just took this one from our front yard.
Hey, that's the view from our future front porch! I recognize the two trees on top of the hill, slightly to the left!

Old 02-14-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Hey, that's the view from our future front porch! I recognize the two trees on top of the hill, slightly to the left!
That figures well but I had to use a few miles worth of zoom to get it to look like that.

We are melting out pretty well here in T.C. I took this photo yesterday.
This hillside faces south by southwest and that other mountain pic I posted
yesterday was of the side that faces northeast, that's one of the reasons why
so much more snow is seen in that one and not on this one.
The sun hits this slope and melts the snow out faster.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TVlBzwrdKaI/AAAAAAAAJ40/tScKgWAzR1k/s512/IMG_2611.JPG (broken link)

Old 02-15-2011, 09:58 AM

Still melting out fast but I'm fuming at Microsoft and freaking Bing.
The bastards just wasted a lot of our day yesterday. I tried to bring up my emails etc in the morning and a major war between internet servers started on our hard drive. Everyone seems to have Clydesdales and we still use a worn out crippled donkey.
Our computer settings were changed (without our knowledge or permission), to set MSN as our default browser. This happened shortly after we downloaded a Bing toolbar.
I get a warning that my CPU is running at 100 % and maxed out so we spent hours getting the thing straightened out. The bastards.
Funny how when an internet search engine that is going down slow tries to steal customers to convince their shareholders that everything is fine.
The bastards.
Now there is a facebook page titled "Google Owns Bing"
I wish it was true.
The bastards, did I mention that I don't care for Bing.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:09 AM

448 posts, read 1,070,539 times
I LOVE my Mac !!!

Old 02-15-2011, 10:54 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
The problem with age is that friends start dropping like flies. I've lost 1 and possibly 2 in the last week.

I think I've told you folks about the roomate I had in the VA a few years back. When he was discharged, he was homeless. So I've stuck with him. I got him a sleeping bag, a bike, got him set up on foodstamps, even went to bat for him at a motel. The motel charges higher rates during the summer and it was above and beyond what he could pay. I got the owner to agree to keep Tony all year for a set rate.

Every time I went to town, I took Tony out to lunch.

Yesterday, the paper said, "55 year old man found dead at the motel." Tony is 55. But I don't know if it's him. It's driving me nuts. The police won't release the name. I tried calling the police station and they won't give me anything. Which makes me think it is him.

So, in checking out Tony, I found out that Bob (also a roomate in the VA) died last week. What the hell is going on? Bob was only 61. No reason to be kicking no buckets now.

They be dropping like flies. Rickers, put down the fly swatter, back away slowly.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
The problem with age is that friends start dropping like flies. I've lost 1 and possibly 2 in the last week.

I think I've told you folks about the roomate I had in the VA a few years back. When he was discharged, he was homeless. So I've stuck with him. I got him a sleeping bag, a bike, got him set up on foodstamps, even went to bat for him at a motel. The motel charges higher rates during the summer and it was above and beyond what he could pay. I got the owner to agree to keep Tony all year for a set rate.Every time I went to town, I took Tony out to lunch. Yesterday, the paper said, "55 year old man found dead at the motel." Tony is 55. But I don't know if it's him. It's driving me nuts. The police won't release the name. I tried calling the police station and they won't give me anything. Which makes me think it is him.
So, in checking out Tony, I found out that Bob (also a roomate in the VA) died last week. What the hell is going on? Bob was only 61. No reason to be kicking no buckets now.
They be dropping like flies. Rickers, put down the fly swatter, back away slowly.
That's because our government likes to use our people to further some rich jerks agenda and then throw them away when they are of no more use to them.
The bastards. Oh EH I don't use a fly swatter very much any more. Much more sporting to suck them up with a vacuum hose, no messy fly stains on the wall paper here, no more Bing on my too bar either.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:22 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,674,687 times
EH, I have noticed that there seems to be higher death rates in the Jan/Feb time frame. Maybe people will themselves to make it through the holiday season, maybe just more inside time with others germs? It just seems that in this colder climate more folks go during this time.

Hey neighbors for the past and next four months I will be away every other week for school, so don't worry, I haven't packed up for the Bahamas..
Here is a little song to to cheer and to enjoy...My absolute favorite band, trying to talk hubs into a concert next year when I graduate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMZsQQaywsI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana