Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2014, 08:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
[looks around the yard, sees five trailers]

This means I must be Trailer Tra--

Er, that didn't come out right.
No, maybe "trashy trailers" but certainly NOT trailer trash!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 09:13 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,163,899 times
Oh, that's the problem, I had my trailers hooked up backwards!

Hmm. Only two are trashy. What do you call not-trashy trailers??

Old 09-23-2014, 09:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Umm, gold or chrome plated with teak deck boards and the obligatory California license plate preferably headed South (from Butte) or East (from Miles City)

Old 09-23-2014, 09:36 AM

That's a thought... I could repaint the new toy gold, and see how many people believe my truck can tow a solid gold trailer.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:09 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Well, I got the new brace on my leg/foot. Very comfortable, actually too comfortable. Had it installed yesterday and actually walked around a couple hours without my cain. Too much, this morning I can't hardly walk. Gearing up to go for a walk now. Will have to start slow but should get better.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:13 AM

71 posts, read 72,855 times
Great news EH! Hope the doctor gets your diet straightened out, then I'll quit worrying.

Update on Dufus: We got kicked out of the hospital, Yay! Maybe it was when the nurse asked about the commode and Dufus thought she was referring to some kind of fancy tea cup. Or when he told me to get the peasoi and I started looking around for a dish on his lunch tray. Just not socially up there with the doctor and nurse crowd, ha ha.

Actually, they pulled the chest tube and watched for fluid build up yesterday. When the level had in fact decreased, Dufus got the green light to exit the premises.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:27 AM

Yer not foolin' us... those doctors and nurses couldn't wait to be rid of him

So the other day I pulled this eye-of-round roast out of the freezer, decided it had been in there a little too long, and figured it was best cooked through then chopped up with potatoes. So instead of bothering with the roaster, I stuck it in the microwave on DEFROST. For most of an hour. Now, DEFROST only cooks a little at a time... and dang if that roast didn't turn out rare and tender. I thought it was supposed to be tough and brown all the way through.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muck Boots Lady View Post
Great news EH! Hope the doctor gets your diet straightened out, then I'll quit worrying.

Update on Dufus: We got kicked out of the hospital, Yay! Maybe it was when the nurse asked about the commode and Dufus thought she was referring to some kind of fancy tea cup. Or when he told me to get the peasoi and I started looking around for a dish on his lunch tray. Just not socially up there with the doctor and nurse crowd, ha ha.

Actually, they pulled the chest tube and watched for fluid build up yesterday. When the level had in fact decreased, Dufus got the green light to exit the premises.
I have been working with a dietitian at the VA. I've got her pulling her hair out. Since they removed my stomach and duadnum, I have been dropping weight because nothing gets absorbed. Over 100 lbs since June. The problem is that not only do I not absorb food, but. I don't absorb vitamins and minerals. I have to drink a protein shake every day, and last week I went in for blood work, twice. The pharmacy at the VA is mixing up some special concoction (liquid) with all the vitamins that I am short. They are hoping that I can. abssorb something out of it. If I can't, the next step is injections.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:18 AM

Have you tried a purified laboratory diet? The idea is that it's already in the form that's used in the body so there's no digestion required. How about the broth off fine-ground and boiled meat?

There's also stuff like soylent, but it's got a lot of indigestible stuff in it -- as a good general rule, the more fibre in the diet, the fewer nutrients are absorbed, and soy protein can actively prevent the gut from absorbing amino acids -- they get used by soy-friendly gut bacteria instead (this is why you can starve a dog to death on a "high protein" soy-based diet).

Old 09-25-2014, 07:36 PM

No, I haven't tried that type of diet.

I have to take in 90-100 grams of protein. When your meal is only 4-5 ounces, it is difficult to get those numbers. So a meal consists of 3-4 ounces of meat and one ounce of a veggies. Even at that, I have to drink a protein shake (60 grams of protein) every day. The protein shake is chocked full of other nutrients and vitamins. Even with that, I come up short on things like sodium, magnesium, iron, etc. So the VA had me come in for blood work, twice so that they could concoct some sort of witches brew of the things I am shy on. Its a liquid, but they've been working in it for ten days and haven't got it ready yet. I assume they had to order something in, I dunno. We'll see when it gets here.

The protein shakes are so important that if I skip it, by 6pm I am dragging.

I have a standing phone appointment with a dietition, every Wednesday at 9, she calls me, right on schedule, never a minute late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana