Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 07:31 PM

11 posts, read 41,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulskjegg View Post
I am originally from Philadelphia, and having travelled Asia, Europe (East, West and as the Czech's say 'Central'), South America, and North America coast-to-coast (Canada included) Id have to say the people in Montana, or the town of Cut Bank specifically, are the lowest form of life I have yet to encounter. Barely meeting the term "people". Every foul, vile aspect of humanity, they have in abundance.

Backstabbing, falsity, treacherous, gossipy, jealous, petty, hatefull, childish, etc etc.

My wife boiled it down to "They have failed at life, and its easier to blame those outside their pathetically tiny circle then blame themselves". I was amused to read a report on this forum about Colstrip, Montana. It was a carbon copy of everything we experienced! Minus the dead animal on the doorstep and vandalized cars of course.

We have since moved to Kalispell and are having a grand ole' time. Mostly due to the fact that alot of people here aint from Montana.

Shame, too, as we are getting ready to close negotiations on 3 federal contracts (the original reason we moved here). I planned to employ some people and support the local economy. Give back to the community, as it were.

Now? We will go the extra mile to ensure we spend little to none of the profits in Cut Bank, then using the house we have there as a tax writeoff. We get the all the HUBZone and IRS benefits, Cut Bank gets ZILCH!

Couldnt happen to a better pack of scum!

Anyone seeking a true representation of the "small town mindset", go watch the movie Deliverance (1972) with Burt Reynolds and Ned Beatty. Its all you will ever need to understand...everything.

Only in Cut Bank its meth labs (strange explosions every weekend, and the chief of police runnings the whole meth operation!), not illegal whiskey still.
It's none of my affair but how did you end up in Cut Bank coming from Philadelphia? Your almost on the reservation and from my experience those areas are typically a little "rough around the edges".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 08:06 PM

529 posts, read 1,892,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasscountry View Post
It's none of my affair but how did you end up in Cut Bank coming from Philadelphia? Your almost on the reservation and from my experience those areas are typically a little "rough around the edges".

Heh heh....

He was probably looking at the "statistics"... LOL

Old 09-06-2007, 08:36 PM

202 posts, read 833,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthawki View Post
I wish a mod would change the subject of this thread from "Montana Clicks" to "Montana Cliques." When I look at the spelling it looks like a seat belt campaign.
My bad...I don't speak french

Old 09-07-2007, 04:32 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,441 times
I think I belong in Montana. I am sick to death of the neighbors that move in where I live now (VA) and want to change everything. All of a sudden they release that a gravel road is dusty. Gee who'd a guessed. Then they want to start a Homeowners Association because where they came from they liked them. Then they want to force me to live under their new rules about the road. It's all Me Me Me attitude. I just want to live somewhere in the country where I will be left alone......

Old 09-07-2007, 05:24 PM

10 posts, read 41,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
I think I belong in Montana. I am sick to death of the neighbors that move in where I live now (VA) and want to change everything. All of a sudden they release that a gravel road is dusty. Gee who'd a guessed. Then they want to start a Homeowners Association because where they came from they liked them. Then they want to force me to live under their new rules about the road. It's all Me Me Me attitude. I just want to live somewhere in the country where I will be left alone......
Sorry to break it to you crittersitter but it seems as if the me me me attitude is alive and well here too, unfortunately.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:59 PM

69 posts, read 223,392 times
Gift shop"Ironically it is not just CA."

I am sure happy that I was not born in California.
Of course, we all have a choice in the matter...... if Mom can hear us shouting from her womb, "Not Here, Not in California." Where were you born and raised? Canicornia, has about 30 times the people that Montana has. welcome to the invasion of fellow Americans seeking more room to breath.
Just put a sign up, "welcome to Montana, gate way to Alaska" or maybe
Montana can require visa's to visit and financial security to stay!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:12 PM

31 posts, read 51,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasscountry View Post
It has to do with Federal contracting. There are things called HUBZones (google it). Each county is given a specific rating dependent on employment, education, income, incumbent contracts, etc. Its extracted from census data, and therefore changes every 10 years.

I chose Glacier county, picked up a cheap house, and started the business. That was back in 2005, but were only now close to securing a federal contract (or two).

Due to the Blackfeet reservation and other factors (slack-jawed hayseed dimwits from Cut Bank, corrupt cops, freemason stooges, etc), average income, education, and unemployment will stay static, and companies willing to set up shop in Glacier county will stay low. The whole county is a basket case.

Conversely, Kalispell is in Flathead county. The last census, Flathead was a hairs breath away from losing its HUBZone status. Mostly due to the influx of money from other areas, high education levels, lower unemployment, and so forth. Plus there are a good amount of contract holders here already.

In some cases HUBZone set-asides hold a 10% pricing differential over non HUBZone area companies. That alone can offset the entire cost involved.

And as far as GiftShopGuy is concerned, dont forget. To us this is a means to an end, or put bluntly, were just cruising through.

Your stuck here...forever.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:50 AM

495 posts, read 492,879 times
"HUBZone" =
Quote:
The HUBZone Empowerment Contracting Program stimulates economic development and creates jobs in urban and rural communities by providing Federal contracting ...
Hummm.. "Empowerment" = just another way of saying "government (ie tax payer's) money. I could see where this might raise a few hairs in some places, espeically with some salt of the earth fiery independent types who pretty much grew up eating dirt to make it on their own.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:36 PM

31 posts, read 51,034 times
Well, if Im "raising hairs" among the pack of semi-literate, meth-addled hayseed nitwits....I gotta be doing something right.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:24 PM

174 posts, read 940,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
I think I belong in Montana. I just want to live somewhere in the country where I will be left alone......
There is definitely more space to be had in Montana and depending on where you relocate to, you may very well be left alone. I have lived in two different country places in Montana and an urban place between the two occasions and my country experiences were really good. Nobody really bothered anyone else. Our newest place is the same thing, do your own thing, mind your own business, be a courteous neighbor and all is well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana