Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 01:12 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
"There's a great Darsh face hanging over your garden wall..."

(Readers of Jack Vance's science fiction will get the reference, the rest of you will just be baffled....)
You, sir, are a genius! In all of literature, there is probably nothing better to which you could have alluded.

Essentially, building my chateau on one of Missoula's beautiful hills would be like transmogrifying the face of the moon, so that an entirely alien image would now hang over the town.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:05 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
You, sir, are a genius! In all of literature, there is probably nothing better to which you could have alluded.

Essentially, building my chateau on one of Missoula's beautiful hills would be like transmogrifying the face of the moon, so that an entirely alien image would now hang over the town.
Jack Vance is my favourite author I've been using the phrase thus for some years now... it perfectly describes what's been happening to places like Missoula and Bozeman for the past couple decades.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:49 AM

189 posts, read 335,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geonerd View Post
Let's blame everyone else for our problems. Let's have tax cuts for everyone and then complain about the deficit. Let's increase the amount of guns in the world and then **** and moan about violent crime. Let's whine about how Montana is being "ruined" by outsiders while not actually doing the first thing about it. I live here too, and I am so sick of the lies.
ROFLMFAO!!!

You REALLY don't know anything about Montana, do you?!!!?!!

Guns = violence. Wow. Where the hell do YOU live in Montana, so I can stay away from there, lol. The last thing I need is a chicken-**** like you calling the cops when you see an ordianry citizen like me open-carrying.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:51 AM

126 posts, read 381,605 times
If guns cause violence then mine are defective.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:36 PM

17 posts, read 51,402 times
If I may just say something a bit off topic here....

I was born and raised in Montana and I still reside here happily. Although my schooling and my husband's Military career will soon be taking me away from my home state.

I was one of the lucky few to be brought up on my family's ranch where I worked my a$$ off learning from my family good work skills and values I don't believe come from anywhere else but rurally.

I can assure many people coming from out of state, that if you buy out our land and turn up our old hay fields to build your million dollar mansion and strive to change our "bumpkin" ways of thinking. You will not be welcomed here.

We have all seen too many good summer pastures be turned into "western landscaping" to the tune of millions of dollars. Believe me I now live next to the biggest idiot on the block who came and screamed at me for a good while because someone "drove down his driveway."

I don't believe that no one is welcome here in Montana. I will gladly welcome the next guy who moves here if he is a hard working citizen trying to make a living. I can tell all of you though that I am sick and tired of seeing a new mansion pop up on the tallest driest F-ing hill they can find. Oh and did I mention they only stay in that stupid looking house about a week outta the year!?

I really didn't mean to ramble on I just felt I had to vent.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klapton View Post
ROFLMFAO!!!

Changed his tune, I guess....
http://www.city-data.com/forum/4501660-post87.html

Old 02-01-2010, 04:58 PM

34 posts, read 85,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Maybe you should read it again.

I haven't changed my mind one bit. Most folks I meet are friendly as can be. And if I were to make my opinions about Montana based upon some of the individuals on this board I'd be led to believe that everyone in Montana is exactly like Klapton: Too afraid to go to the grocery store without being armed and too naive to realize it.

Last edited by geonerd; 02-01-2010 at 05:18 PM..

Old 02-01-2010, 05:15 PM

34 posts, read 85,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klapton View Post
ROFLMFAO!!!

Guns = violence. Wow. Where the hell do YOU live in Montana, so I can stay away from there, lol. The last thing I need is a chicken-**** like you calling the cops when you see an ordianry citizen like me open-carrying.
I don't need a gun to feel secure. You do. That's the difference.

Why not include more all-caps lettering, name-calling and superfluous punctuation next time? That way we'll all know how serious you are.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:38 PM

189 posts, read 335,527 times
Quote:
I don't need a gun to feel secure. You do. That's the difference.

Why not include more all-caps lettering, name-calling and superfluous punctuation next time? That way we'll all know how serious you are.
You merely feel secure. I actually am secure. That is the difference. By all means, rely on your badge-wearing betters to keep you safe. I'll take care of myself, thanks.

Did you like the boldface better? Perhaps italics next time?

Old 02-01-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Too afraid to go to the grocery store without being armed and too naive to realize it.
Not the case at all. Very few people carry out of fear. Rather, most carry because they are willing to be responsible for defending not only themselves, but ALSO are willing to defend those who are unarmed, like yourself, should the need arise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana