Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 10:07 AM

17 posts, read 47,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlogger View Post
Hi Nancy - welcome to the High-Line and the Great Plains. You'll love it here.
Thanks, nice to meet ya.....

Old 10-11-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Hi and welcome to the board, come visit on the porch
Where are you coming from? I too am a transplant.
ok...I must be missing somthing, either I dont know what the porch is or where to find it......looking for the site

Old 10-11-2009, 10:22 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
that would be the "Let's visit thread"....
We shoot the breeze, chat and stray off topic there
We regular posters are few but a helpful bunch on the Montana forum.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
that would be the "Let's visit thread"....
We shoot the breeze, chat and stray off topic there
We regular posters are few but a helpful bunch on the Montana forum.
ok thanks...I will visit that thread.....

Old 10-11-2009, 10:57 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMama2009 View Post
Solution: arm every American with a firearm, everybody will be more polite.
This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. While I lament the fact that Americans are ruder than ever and that it is now considered rude to point out that someone is rude, I would never be so brain dead as to suggest that a firearm should be used as a deterrent. Humans wouldn't last long, but I guess that you didn't think that far ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeBlue View Post
I just have to say, I am from Montana (born in Wyoming and raised in southern MT) and this is the kind of uptight Montana hick BS that drives me crazy. This is why so many talented young individuals look forward to nothing more than escaping from Montana/Wyoming and running away to a big city when they grow up. I wear birkenstocks, I'm a liberal and I drive a Volvo. I don't LIKE Carharts or pick up trucks. I'd rather go to an opera than a rodeo. I'm not rich and neither is my family - I was raised by school teachers. And no, I did not grow up in Bozeman. I grew up in a very small (2,000 pop) town where my parents and sibling still live. Not everyone has to fit into some kind mold to be a Montanan. You don't have to be a hick, or narrow minded or a bigot to call yourself a Montanan, believe it or not. We should be working together to bring Montana into the 21st century, not clinging to an outdated set of societal "rules" about what vehicle you drive, clothes you wear and what your house should look like. We can be more evolved than that as a state and a society, can't we?
Wonderful post ZoeBlue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Live and let live.
I would reccomend checking them out instead of coming here with the already evidenced chip on your shoulder that you have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Gottagetoutofhere,
Thank you for validating my post in such a succinct manner!
You have exemplified the basic premis of my post far better than I ever could.
MTSilvertip [Mod cut - Personal attack] You write "live and let live", but do the exact opposite. You tell them you know what would be good places for them to live and then insult them every step of the way. Then you go on to claim they are the bad guy. Wow. The chip is on your shoulder and I'll assume it's a buffalo chip because it really stinks.

************************************************** *******************************************
I've considered Montana for years because I think it's beautiful and I like to live simply. I could easily live in a <1000sf 2B/1b house on a few acres but regrettably, there doesn't seem to be many houses that small. I don't want or need a pickup truck (yet) so my little Mazda which gets 30+ mpg should do me well since I know I'll be driving a lot if I move to Montana. I live in the desert and wear jeans year round. My preferred clothing in winter (here in the desert) is jeans, flannel shirt, and a leather jacket. My political views are none of your business but I'd probably be classified as a liberal independent because I also happen to be gay. Oh, now the gloves are going to come off, I'd imagine.

I'm well aware of the destruction of our country but I'm too astute to waste time assigning blame when both parties are really one and the same (it's just an illusion of choice). I respect the environment and will defend against its abuse. I'm educated but am willing to learn how to live off the land, though I'd probably complain until necessity required me to shut up and just "do it". You can keep your guns, but when the excrement hits the fan, can't we all just get along instead of going primal and shooting anything that moves? We will all be in the same boat so we might as well pool our resources with like-minded people.

I have no intention of messing with Montana or any other place. But I won't be browbeaten by rural troglodytes who can't tolerate some level-headed diversity because of their lack of worldly exposure. Now all I need is a another guy who shares my views and I'll be off to the cold North. I'd like to sit in a wheat field and watch the waves of the windswept wheat stalks move across the landscape as the simple cumulus gently rush by overhead and the shadows come and go...like God turning the lightswitch on and off, all the while in the relative silence of the last best place...

Last edited by ElkHunter; 10-11-2009 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: Personal attack. Name calling won't cut it.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:36 PM

309 posts, read 991,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I've considered Montana for years because I think it's beautiful and I like to live simply. I could easily live in a <1000sf 2B/1b house on a few acres but regrettably, there doesn't seem to be many houses that small.
You're not looking in the right places. Broaden your search pattern. Try Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Quote:
My political views are none of your business but I'd probably be classified as a liberal independent because I also happen to be gay.
I really didn't need to know that. You posted it for some unknown reason tho.

Last edited by Yac; 11-08-2011 at 06:07 AM..

Old 10-11-2009, 04:22 PM

Some interesting reading lately.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:51 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,758,251 times
Quote:

Some interesting reading lately.

It's interesting how many people in this thread claim conservative values yet decry people using their private property as they see fit and making displays of wealth; both bedrock conservative principles.

The right to hunt and fish on the property of others sounds like a Bolshevik notion to me. Not that it's a bad notion but it sure as Hell isn't a conservative one.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:38 AM

281 posts, read 870,069 times
Quote:
What I don't get is all the hostility when trying to defend someone's right to just be themselves when they move to an area, but NOT change it! I mean..such rude, ignorant and unintelligent comments. What for? Because you fear that someone "like me" is out to destroy your State with my opinions??? And/or because you're not happy unless somebody is just like you???
I hope I did not imply that you should change who you are in order to fit in. You should never change who you are, and should be yourself People will see through a fake persona anyway.

I didn't attempt to change who I was when I came up here, but now that I think about it, Montana has changed me. In good ways. I move a little slower, and I think I enjoy life a little bit more too.

When I moved to California to be with my husband, I knew that I was not going to last in the big city. It pretty much chewed me up and spit me out. I'm too sensitive, and don't like crowds lol I'm shy and I tend to be a slow mover.

It's kind of funny how when we first move somewhere we know whether or not that place is for us, if you know what I mean?

Good luck to you!

Old 10-12-2009, 04:49 AM

I would agree, took me at least two years to stop running....
I loved your post heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana