Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2016, 07:54 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yoda trained Luke, not Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan was just Luke's introductory mentor. So what if it is rinse and repeat, some of the younger fans never experienced Episode IV before and all of them likely never even saw Revenge of the Sith in theaters. 40 years have passed, its time you put a fresh coat of paint nt to that story, just don't do it exactly the same way as Episode IV-Vi (though I-III were different and still got complaints.)

The original movies are on TV all the time. They are not locked away hidden from view. You don't remake "The Godfather" just to relate to younger fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 08:02 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
The original movies are on TV all the time. They are not locked away hidden from view. You don't remake "The Godfather" just to relate to younger fans.
It's what happened with Scarface. Change Al Capone with Tony Montana and make him Cuban and a basehead.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:16 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,989,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Proton torpedo don't mix your Wars and Trek man.

Or as my dad would jokingly call them, four ton torpedoes.
Let's just hope Disney doesn't buy the rights to Star Trek, too. Or we'll see a movie where the Enterprise time warps and travels to a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away to battle a Borg Death Star. A combination of Star Wars, Voyager, and Star Trek: First Contact.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:39 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Quote:
It's what happened with Scarface. Change Al Capone with Tony Montana and make him Cuban and a basehead.
But THE GODFATHER is a classic. SCARFACE is a really bad movie. Comically bad.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:24 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,190,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
Death Star 3 lol. It was a tad redundant.
Really, you would think the bad guys would give up on the whole Death Star weapons system, considering that this is the third one (out of 7 episodes) to be blown up by a few X-Wing fighters. I would not take those odds.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Really, you would think the bad guys would give up on the whole Death Star weapons system, considering that this is the third one (out of 7 episodes) to be blown up by a few X-Wing fighters. I would not take those odds.
Well you know the old saying, if at first you don't seceed, build a bigger one with a more powerful weapon. I hope they change it up in Episode VIII and IX, though I didn't mind the Starkiller itself.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
But THE GODFATHER is a classic. SCARFACE is a really bad movie. Comically bad.
Someone at some point will remake The Godfather, you know it and I know it. It's just a question of when. Hell we are getting a Ben Hur remake later this year and I'd argue we don't need it because epics involving Greeks, Romans and/or Egyptians have made money since Gladiator in 2000.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:36 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Quote:
Yoda trained Luke, not Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan was just Luke's introductory mentor. So what if it is rinse and repeat, some of the younger fans never experienced Episode IV before and all of them likely never even saw Revenge of the Sith in theaters. 40 years have passed, its time you put a fresh coat of paint nt to that story, just don't do it exactly the same way as Episode IV-Vi (though I-III were different and still got complaints.)
But TFA is almost exactly the same as Ep IV.
They shouldn't called it Ep VII.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
But TFA is almost exactly the same as Ep IV.
They shouldn't called it Ep VII.
It was but it wasn't. What I am talking about is having another Starkiller planet constructed in VIII and IX. The Star killer was similar to the Death Star but much more elaborate, making a second for the third movie a second time just comes off stupid.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:37 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Well they did destroy several entire planets in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies