Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2015, 09:57 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times

Advertisements

Proton torpedo don't mix your Wars and Trek man.

Or as my dad would jokingly call them, four ton torpedoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 10:05 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
They didn't even need a photon torpedo this time to hit the spot. The last time, they explain that you have to wait for the reactor opening then get a bullseye which is a very hard thing to do. It seems quite unbelieveable they can fly a bunch of X-wings inside and in that tight air space, fly loops and shoot normal lasers to blow up a huge reactor. The new Deathstar much be made of thin foil even without shield.
Death Star II was shot with normal lasers as well. At least this one couldn't fit a Corellian freighter in it like the second one did...

Old 12-31-2015, 10:07 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Yeah to be fair to the designers it did take a demolition team on the inside to create an opening for the x-wings to be effective.

Old 01-01-2016, 04:05 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,528,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
What was with Kylo punching himself three times in his wound every now and then??
To highlight he's a psychopath who relishes pain.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:55 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
I have to say...I was a bit disappointed. There were some fun moments, and some good nostalgia. But the whole story was such a copy and rip-off of episode IV. Very little new, very little that wasn't pretty predictable. A death star, small target that has to be hit, defenses that must come down from the inside, a armored trench to fly down, a light saber dual between light and dark, where have we seen that before? But less "believable". THe new hero has most of the skills of a Jedi...with no training.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:12 AM

1,267 posts, read 1,248,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
THe new hero has most of the skills of a Jedi...with no training.
I think we'll find that she has been trained but her memories have been suppressed for her own safety.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
I think we'll find that she has been trained but her memories have been suppressed for her own safety.
Likely. Let's face it, she must be in line with the Force in a way Luke wasn't to have the vision when she touched the lightsaber.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:21 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
I feel like Kylo will go back to Snoke and complete his training. They will regroup and the Knights of Ren will be unleash to the resistance. Kylo's training will be superior to Ren's. (maybe Luke is still unsure of his ability to teach an apprentice). All will seem lost in Episode 8. (i feel like Episode 8 is similar to Empire Strikes Back since Episode 7 was similar to New Hope) The bad guys will appear to have won the war.......

Luke will become the next "Obi-Wan Kenobi" and train Rae. Rinse and repeat of the original movie.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:25 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I saw the movie last night and thought it was pretty good.

Rey has to be connected to either Luke, or Leia. Kylo was unable to force the information out of her like he was to Poe. R2 also came back online as soon as she entered the Resistance base and she was able to handle Anakin's light saber pretty well for a beginner.

I wish Captain Phasma had some more screen time.

Either way I am happy we don't have to wait 3 years for the next move like we did with the prequels.

Once Rea's power was "awakened", Luke felt the change in the force and contacted R2D2 to wake up and provide the map with directions on how to meet him. Luke was not surprised to see her.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Luke will become the next "Obi-Wan Kenobi" and train Rae. Rinse and repeat of the original movie.
Yoda trained Luke, not Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan was just Luke's introductory mentor. So what if it is rinse and repeat, some of the younger fans never experienced Episode IV before and all of them likely never even saw Revenge of the Sith in theaters. 40 years have passed, its time you put a fresh coat of paint nt to that story, just don't do it exactly the same way as Episode IV-Vi (though I-III were different and still got complaints.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies