Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 03:38 PM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Revamped my theory:
I*figured it out on the pooper!!! Get ready for this sit down hold on to your buts!!!!!

Captain Plasma the last Clone trooper in the Imperial Army the bloodline of a bounty hunter joins forces with other bounty hunters to hunt down the padawans spread across the Galaxy.
The clones were all male. Also they were created to age twice as fast as humans, so by Ep 4 they were already old and would be dead by Ep 7.

The real question I've not seen asked yet:

Where the heck are the four known Jedi Force ghosts? We know they can appear, speak, and give council to the living, so why didn't Anakin appear to Kylo and tell him to get his head screwed on straight? Why didn't they continue to counsel Luke? Why don't they counsel Rey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 03:40 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The clones were all male. Also they were created to age twice as fast as humans, so by Ep 4 they were already old and would be dead by Ep 7.

The real question I've not seen asked yet:

Where the heck are the four known Jedi Force ghosts? We know they can appear, speak, and give council to the living, so why didn't Anakin appear to Kylo and tell him to get his head screwed on straight? Why didn't they continue to counsel Luke? Why don't they counsel Rey?
We don't know they didn't with Luke or try with Kylo Ren.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:49 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
That was Ewan Mcgregor as Obi-wan and Frank Oz voicing Yoda who reached out to Rey in her vision.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:36 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Finally saw this tonight. I guess I just don't 'get' the star wars universe. I found it an ok film, but nothing great. Visually it was nice. I did like one scene in the entire movie: When bb8 gave the 'thumbs up'. Best part by far and away. Other than that, it was all right. Like I said, I think star wars just isn't my thing because it seems those who are star wars fans really liked this film.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:03 PM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
That was Ewan Mcgregor as Obi-wan and Frank Oz voicing Yoda who reached out to Rey in her vision.
Not enough. There should have at least been a, "Use the Force, Rey." And a few appearances of Anakin would have snuffed out that Vader idolization.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:45 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,123 times
I'm not a movie person, but I love Star Wars! I hated parts I & II, but The Revenge of the Sith was great.

That being said, this film is AWESOME, imo. Just saw it for a second time, and I'm even more impressed! The story is a reflection of the others before it, but that's how they roll far, far away.

It all ties into what happened before, and opens up possibilities of what's to come. The cinematography, and leashed use of CG, added to the charm of this presentation. The lead character Rey is awesome, and so well acted by Daisy Ridley!

I can't wait for what's next...

Old 12-29-2015, 07:53 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Quote:
Not enough. There should have at least been a, "Use the Force, Rey." And a few appearances of Anakin would have snuffed out that Vader idolization.
Maybe you have to want to see them to see them.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
I am fine with the vision rather than the force ghosts. Had we had this, I think the rehash would have been a bit more on the nose and truly hurt it. I think not having the ghosts right now helped the movie a lot.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:11 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,674,035 times
I did like the Kylo Ren character.

Compared to the wooden and putrid 'acting' attempt by Hayden in the prequels, thought Adam did a good job with a lot more emotional range and power. When he removed that mask, I was like whoah, didn't expect that.

And am I the only one sick of hearing the theories about how Kylo is actually a 'good' guy being undercover?

If I recall the movie correctly, he ordered the execution of innocent civilians on Jakko, in addition to killing his father.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:40 PM

752 posts, read 567,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
"That said, the Resistance is basically the Grand Army of the Republic, except if I am not mistaken, the Republic is now destroyed as the captial was taken out by the Star Killer (along with its system.)"
I sure hope not — otherwise, the lack of emotional resonance is truly appalling. Alderaan was mourned much more effectively, and it wasn't the capital of the civilization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies