Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 08:31 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Ben Kingsley. English, of Indian descent.
Of English and Indian descent, he is superb in Sexy Beast, Don Logan, one of my all time favourite film characters and a completely different character to Ghandi!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2022, 01:37 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Of English and Indian descent, he is superb in Sexy Beast, Don Logan, one of my all time favourite film characters and a completely different character to Ghandi!
Also Kingsley's acting in Schindler's List...awesome performance....as well as "House of Sand and Fog"

Old 10-19-2022, 05:57 PM

15,629 posts, read 10,382,405 times
Lawrence of Arabia is one of my very favorites. I must have seen this amazing movie 20 times over my lifetime. It is not only beautifully filmed, Peter O'Toole is perfection.

A current favorite scene in a movie is the Jeremy Irons character in Margin Call when he, as the chairman of the board of an investment bank, calls his board together for a midnight crisis meeting. He nailed this character John Huld.

Old 10-30-2022, 04:52 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,467,480 times
I like to watch Marlon Brando playing Godfather.Daniel Day Lewis in There will be Blood.
Ben Kingsley in Pascali Island

Old 10-30-2022, 04:55 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,467,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
-----------------------------

Old 10-31-2022, 11:30 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,969,723 times
Well, not so much the actor but the character such as the late James Olson as "Thane" in "The Gun on Ice Planet Zero" in the interrogation scene. Now, granted, as the psychopathic Thane, James Olson filled the roll beautifully.

Yaphet Kotto was pretty great through out "Live and Let Die" but then again what Roger Moore said in his diary on that movie, the Villains always get such great lines.

Similarly, I suppose, all the movie parts I have done monologues to on the stage, from Colonel (Georgia) Taylor in the opening of POTA ("And that completes my final report until we reach touch down.....") to being Blofeld in OHMSS and revealing my plan of bacteria warfare to being Dr. Heather Floyd in 2010 on aerobraking.............ALTHOUGH as that last one was done in the movie, that was WEAK! My monologue to my husband Jonathan was much better.

Old 10-31-2022, 08:00 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,686,308 times
Van Heflin as Jeff Hartnett in Johnny Eager

Old 10-31-2022, 08:09 PM

23,590 posts, read 70,367,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, not so much the actor but the character such as the late James Olson as "Thane" in "The Gun on Ice Planet Zero" in the interrogation scene. Now, granted, as the psychopathic Thane, James Olson filled the roll beautifully.

Yaphet Kotto was pretty great through out "Live and Let Die" but then again what Roger Moore said in his diary on that movie, the Villains always get such great lines.

Similarly, I suppose, all the movie parts I have done monologues to on the stage, from Colonel (Georgia) Taylor in the opening of POTA ("And that completes my final report until we reach touch down.....") to being Blofeld in OHMSS and revealing my plan of bacteria warfare to being Dr. Heather Floyd in 2010 on aerobraking.............ALTHOUGH as that last one was done in the movie, that was WEAK! My monologue to my husband Jonathan was much better.
Waiting for your monologue...

Old 11-01-2022, 09:04 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
I love Postcards From the Edge and I watch it mostly to see Meryl Streep and Shirley McClaine do their thing. And it has THE best ending I've ever seen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueN6aM3lUbc

And yes, Meryl Streep does her own singing.

Old 11-04-2022, 10:50 AM

88,521 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Jeff Bridges in Fearless. I rarely find anyone who knows this movie, and yet it is excellent acting by Bridges, Isabella Rosselini, and Rosie Perez. I had actually read the true story of the man on whom the movie/character was based years before, and having experienced PTSD, I appreciated the way he portrayed it. (Short version--a man survives a plane crash in which his best friend is killed, is noted for saving a child from the plane, and claims to be OK, but he is actually detached from his family and wife and experiencing extreme PTSD. The only person with whom he can connect is another survivor who lost her baby in the crash.)

I can watch the nearly-last scene, when you finally see what he experienced as the plane was going down, over and over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies