Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 10:07 AM

2,494 posts, read 3,245,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Morgan Freeman never lets me down. I'll watch Shawshank Redemption, Driving Miss Daisy, Bruce Almighty, An Unfinished Life, and several of his newer lesser-known movies over and over. One of my not-so-well-known favorites is 10 Items or Less.
We loved A GOOD PERSON. Morgan Freeman and Florence Pugh were both outstanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2024, 08:02 PM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
Anything Jimmy Stewart.

I cheerfully admit to being a fan of Audie Murphy, noted for portraying himself in the 1955 movie To Hell and Back, depicting his experiences in WWII.

Old 03-02-2024, 09:01 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Anything Jimmy Stewart.
I agree, despite Hitchcock's miscasting of him in Rear Window and Vertigo. He was simply too old for either part.
This was widely acknowledged by critics at the time, but in no way did it diminish my enjoyment of either film.

Old 03-03-2024, 07:29 PM

8,302 posts, read 13,437,323 times
"Good Will Hunting" was actually a good movie. I realized what made it great and also made me watch it multiple times was Robin Williams. I mean, no wonder he won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for this performance, and rightfully so!

That said, I also liked and enjoyed Stellan Skarsgård's performance as well which was probably overlooked by most. His performance was excellent too but, sadly yet understandably, Robin's overshadowed him.

Old 03-06-2024, 09:08 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,056,411 times
I adored (the late) Natasha Richardson's performance in The Parent Trap. It's quite a challenge to make a character who basically abandoned one of her daughters (this situation traumatized me when I saw the original PT as an 8 year old) endearing, but Natasha pulled it off with aplomb.

Old 03-11-2024, 11:19 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Round two!

There are some actors where if I see them listed in the flick, I know something of the movie has to be good for they are are always a good draw.

Anthony Hopkins
Richard Lynch
Billy Drago
Joseph Ruskin
Michael Ironside

Anthony Hopkins: that is the way I felt, about a good draw, when I saw his name listed for "Legends of the Fall" that helped me decide to pick that movie. I wasn't disappointed although, admittedly, I rather think Hopkins has become too famous to hold that draw value.

Lynch, Drago, and Ruskin were wonderful throughout their lives.

Michael Ironside was wonderful "young", in the last century, but he may be getting rather beat up in this century. "Surveillance" did have him rather tired. Still, looking at imdb, he is pumping out movies like mad.....maybe something good in there.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 03-11-2024 at 11:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies