Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 05:23 AM

43 posts, read 114,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy1S View Post
Anything new or any progress with the Myrtle Beach ITAP?
Memories from an old thread here!

Nothing new at iTAP, but I'm happy to report on entrepreneurial activity over the last two years since I moved here.

We ran CoworkMYR for the last two years, the Grand Strand's first coworking space. We met and helped a lot of great web entrepreneurs, participated in national competitions, and
won! We also ran South Carolina's first Startup Weekend, revamped CCU's Business plan competition, and more!

In May we were awarded South Carolina's Innovation Challenge grant. We're working hard to raise the matching funds, but the goal is to have half a million dollars over the next year to provide services to budding entrepreneurs in the area, and ask those outside the area Why Not The Beach?

We're just getting started: I have two staff members starting Monday for Startup.SC, and our websites are barebones, but we're extremely excited about creating and attracting entrepreneurs with scalable startup ideas (those which can have a nation-wide impact).

We're in the process of opening coworking & collaboration spaces for entrepreneurs in Myrtle Beach and Litchfield Beach. I look forward to posting some updates to this forum over the next year as we ramp up!

Our efforts won't fill iTAP for some time, but I believe comprehensive economic development should include what we're doing along with attracting existing companies. By attracting more talent, our area also becomes more attractive for companies like Boeing to locate here, and know they an attract talent, and tap into local talent we've already attracted. (wow that was a lot of attraction!)

Have a great 4th of July weekend!

Last edited by LogicX; 07-05-2014 at 05:25 AM.. Reason: wrapping around youtube video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 05:27 PM

33 posts, read 72,028 times
Congrats on your success! I work for a small manufacturing/R&D company of IR detectors & materials. The owner told me I can look into ITAP to see about opening a satellite office/R&D there. I have worked for them for about 30 years & he knows I would like to relocate to MB in the next few years. We have a lab & office in Princeton NJ & one in San Diego. It would be nice!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area