Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 11:09 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,369,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
BP300, where are you from originally if you don't mind me asking?
He is always knocking anything Nashville. I happen to love it here and you could take NY and NJ I've lived there so know. My first trip to Nashville was when I was in College in Clarksville in 1970, it took me years to come back, but I did and I'm happy to call Nashville, my home.
One night my husband called and said we had a chance to Transfer to Nashville, and how did I feel about it. I told him YES!!

Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 AM

11 posts, read 16,224 times
@ sunshine what is it about Bellevue you liked so much? When I was in the area I did not get much of a chance to really look around. From the eyes of a New Yorker tell me what you saw....

Old 11-24-2009, 07:28 AM

1,645 posts, read 3,098,835 times
Reason I asked about where he's from- different parts of the country have different likes in pizza. I have a friend from St Louis who hates NY style pizza, he craves that Imo's style pizza. Same for a guy from Columbus,OH - same cracker style pizza taste.

We have a pizza thread on the forum, and I've eaten pizza all over the country - if I had a my choice, I'd probably pick Grimaldi's from Brooklyn or Modern Pizza in New Haven for my favorite.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:03 AM

297 posts, read 1,079,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
He is always knocking anything Nashville. I happen to love it here and you could take NY and NJ I've lived there so know. My first trip to Nashville was when I was in College in Clarksville in 1970, it took me years to come back, but I did and I'm happy to call Nashville, my home.
One night my husband called and said we had a chance to Transfer to Nashville, and how did I feel about it. I told him YES!!
I am originally from New York City. I have lived in Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan. I do not hate everything Nashville, I have no idea why you think so. Just because I think Joey's is horrible, does not mean I hate Nashville. I moved here, because I like the city. I like the slower-pace of life, the lower taxes, cost of living, outdoor activities, being able to golf at a country club without paying $50K+ just on initiation fees. There are obviously things I don't like about Nashville also - lack of diversity (in thoughts, foods, and culture), church mentality, sensitive nature of people and quickness to judge.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP300 View Post
I am originally from New York City. I have lived in Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan. I do not hate everything Nashville, I have no idea why you think so. Just because I think Joey's is horrible, does not mean I hate Nashville. I moved here, because I like the city. I like the slower-pace of life, the lower taxes, cost of living, outdoor activities, being able to golf at a country club without paying $50K+ just on initiation fees. There are obviously things I don't like about Nashville also - lack of diversity (in thoughts, foods, and culture), church mentality, sensitive nature of people and quickness to judge.
Thanks BP300.

I had a buddy from CT in N'ville last week. He tried Joey's "Said it would be a 6" on CT scale. On the Alabama scale that's like an 8

Old 11-24-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks BP300.

I had a buddy from CT in N'ville last week. He tried Joey's "Said it would be a 6" on CT scale. On the Alabama scale that's like an 8
New Haven, CT is home to two of the best pizza joints in the country - Frank Peppe's and Sally's. Even New Yorkers venture out to New Haven for the sole purpose of trying these 2 renowned restaurants.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
New Haven, CT is home to two of the best pizza joints in the country - Frank Peppe's and Sally's. Even New Yorkers venture out to New Haven for the sole purpose of trying these 2 renowned restaurants.
been there, done that - like Modern better. I like when waitresses seem to care, smile, don't throw pizza on the table, give me a glass that is bigger than a spit cup. Therefore, I skip Pepe's and Sally's now - great pizza, but the service is awful.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
been there, done that - like Modern better. I like when waitresses seem to care, smile, don't throw pizza on the table, give me a glass that is bigger than a spit cup. Therefore, I skip Pepe's and Sally's now - great pizza, but the service is awful.
Absolutey agree. I waited for 2 hours outside in the cold at Sally's, and the service was horrible the entire time. They did not appreciate our business at all. But, you can't argue that the pizza is great. I have not been to Pepe's.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:45 AM

13 posts, read 35,176 times
hey guys, I'm originally from Brooklyn so I know good pizza. I've tried a couple of recommended places here in the Nashville area, Picnic Pizza (Murfreesboro Rd.) and Sal's (Stewart's Ferry Pike) and they are ok. Any recommendations for close-to NY style pizza around?

Any Italian bakeries and/or restaurants recommended?

Thanks!

Old 11-24-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Absolutey agree. I waited for 2 hours outside in the cold at Sally's, and the service was horrible the entire time. They did not appreciate our business at all. But, you can't argue that the pizza is great. I have not been to Pepe's.
Modern was voted New Haven's top pizza place for at least 3 years in a row, so its pretty good.

RangerJoe - some dispute over Joey's in Brentwood, I'm going to make a sacrifice and check it out.

House of Pizza is also supposed to be pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville