Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:13 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,370,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Modern was voted New Haven's top pizza place for at least 3 years in a row, so its pretty good.

RangerJoe - some dispute over Joey's in Brentwood, I'm going to make a sacrifice and check it out.

House of Pizza is also supposed to be pretty good.
Eddie, Joey's has really good Eggplant Parm. Try that out also

Old 11-24-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP300 View Post
I am originally from New York City. I have lived in Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan. I do not hate everything Nashville, I have no idea why you think so. Just because I think Joey's is horrible, does not mean I hate Nashville. I moved here, because I like the city. I like the slower-pace of life, the lower taxes, cost of living, outdoor activities, being able to golf at a country club without paying $50K+ just on initiation fees. There are obviously things I don't like about Nashville also - lack of diversity (in thoughts, foods, and culture), church mentality, sensitive nature of people and quickness to judge.

I am orginally from LI, but have lived in Brooklyn, Queens, NYC, And NJ. I don't understand what you mean by Church Mentality, I went to church in the NY area and still do. Atr you sure the people judging are TN natives? There are so many people here from other states that its hard to find a native. I know a few and I don't find them to be that way at all.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjoe View Post
hey guys, I'm originally from Brooklyn so I know good pizza. I've tried a couple of recommended places here in the Nashville area, Picnic Pizza (Murfreesboro Rd.) and Sal's (Stewart's Ferry Pike) and they are ok. Any recommendations for close-to NY style pizza around?

Any Italian bakeries and/or restaurants recommended?

Thanks!
I've heard Picnic Pizza was good from someone I know here from LI.

fOR an Italian bakery there is a good one in Hillsboro Village

[mod] link not allowed [mod/]
restaurant- They do have free parking as this is downtown.
http://www.solemionash.com/

Last edited by mbmouse; 11-27-2009 at 10:25 AM..

Old 11-25-2009, 06:47 AM

1,645 posts, read 3,099,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Eddie, Joey's has really good Eggplant Parm. Try that out also
Thanks for the recommendation, but I'm allergic to eggplant.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:38 PM

11,642 posts, read 12,717,447 times
So are you saying that there is no place where you can just buy a slice and sit down with it at a table or at a counter?

Old 11-27-2009, 07:14 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,282,099 times
Coney, you can at Joey's and at NYPD pizza.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:13 AM

937 posts, read 2,890,593 times
So it boils down to this: Don't mention what's better up in the north and they will do fine, oh and bring the pizza!

Old 11-27-2009, 04:42 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,631,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesbre View Post
So it boils down to this: Don't mention what's better up in the north and they will do fine, oh and bring the pizza!
I don't think there is anything wrong with saying a certain food is better up north, because there is food that is better in the south than the north and I beter there is food that is better on the east coat than the west coast and vice versa.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:03 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,282,099 times
I think there's always some type of food we miss from where we previously lived, but the fun part of living in a new area is discovering all the new foods to enjoy that you've never experienced before.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:21 AM

940 posts, read 1,903,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP300 View Post
I am originally from New York City. I have lived in Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan. I do not hate everything Nashville, I have no idea why you think so. Just because I think Joey's is horrible, does not mean I hate Nashville. I moved here, because I like the city. I like the slower-pace of life, the lower taxes, cost of living, outdoor activities, being able to golf at a country club without paying $50K+ just on initiation fees. There are obviously things I don't like about Nashville also - lack of diversity (in thoughts, foods, and culture), church mentality, sensitive nature of people and quickness to judge.
Here we go again. We have a thought diversity deficit in the south apparently. Actually, last time I checked, there was no diverstiiy lack in my own thoughts, and unless the poster has an advanced degree in electrical engineering, many of these thoughts would be totally uncomprehensible to him/her.

Or we can call it this way: the poster has moved to a red state from an almost bankrupt blue state but finds blue state thinking without a hegemony here. The result: a more sane economic and cultural outlook, but boo-hoo, not enough secularism/"progressivism". Not enough willingness to pack the place with thirdworlders. Too much willingness to protect the common culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville