Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 10:20 AM

117 posts, read 127,954 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of leaving the state.

No other NE state does it for me so if this one didn't do it for me, the whole thing is out. And NH is done now so..

After 1 year, I moved to FOUR places. That should not be but thats how messed up it is when you're looking for houseshares, there is extreme LOW inventory in this state as well as a lot of MA. Most people I met in "the place to be" Nashua were screwy, not really balanced individuals. And even in "the place to be", the roads seem to be going to hell.

I went to Brookline, Seabrook, Keene and then tried Nashua where I met a real psycho woman in the Sunrise apartments. She called the cops on me so now she has a whole months rent from me without me living there.

Some of you don't understand, I've had to depend on the craigslist rental market and theres some people who shouldnt be allowed to rent their places. Sex offenders, psychos, drunks.

In my experience though, I stopped in Keene for a few months. It was cute but too far and mostly a college town. I sure didn't like Seabrook as a place to live. Any place where the only supermarket is Market Basket, I never liked the town or the education rate was lower in that area. Billerica is one of those towns too, it just has Market Basket.

Lack of availability in the top places most of the time often made me go to places like Seabrook or Keene or else I never would have. Nashua/Manchester is truly where I wanted to build a life but circumstances and a lot of these people prevented me from living this life. They couldn't just be regular enough to keep a good tenant like me, and now I am sick of NH even faster..

A circumstance came where I can go to the Portland OR area so I am happy about that.. The east coast in general has old ideas, nothing trendy comes from here too when you really think about it, my long time favorite restaurants are also going downhill.

There end rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 10:42 AM
KCZ

4,669 posts, read 3,663,822 times
Gee, thanks for making your first post in the NH forum into a rant about how much you hate the state. Don't let the door hit you in the rear on your way out.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:02 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,429 times
I hardly think that you can judge the merits of a state by dodgy room share situations that you found on Craigs List. But, whatever, good luck in Portland then.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:52 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Good luck. I love me my Market Basket. I drive from RI to MA for it. Nothing I've looked at nearby is anywhere near the value.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:51 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,494,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Gee, thanks for making your first post in the NH forum into a rant about how much you hate the state. Don't let the door hit you in the rear on your way out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
I hardly think that you can judge the merits of a state by dodgy room share situations that you found on Craigs List. But, whatever, good luck in Portland then.
took the words out of my mind. Lets see rents crappy apartment in crappy parts of the state and is surprised by his crappy experience. NH/New England is expensive, end of story and if your looking for trendy. Northern New England isnt going to satisfy you. Portland Oregon, also a nice city, but guess what. Expensive. Good luck

Old 10-09-2018, 02:16 PM

86 posts, read 88,417 times
My wife and I moved to Connecticut about 18 months ago to be closer to family and to take care of some personal family issues that ended up not working out as expected. I was born in Ct and left in 1998 and moved to NH in 2000. We can't wait to get out of here and back to NH. Were looking at a few more months here and then homeward bound. I miss our small town, the mountains and all we left behind....including Market Basket New Hampshire may not be for everyone and that's ok....for us it's home and I can't wait to get back....for good.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:29 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,015,804 times
I love New Hampshire! We visited Vermont recently - so pretty and so very New England!

I will not be leaving any time soon. (Although I am also not a fan of Market Basket, but whatever. Hannaford is closer!)

Old 10-09-2018, 03:04 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Doesn't sound like you gave it much of a chance, OP. Seems that you could have saved up until you could afford to rent your own place.

We don't really have old ideas; I think we tend to have onto the old ideas that are good and we have more trendiness (if you can call it that) than a lot of other parts of the country. If you don't like Market Basket, you are more than welcome to leave though.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:10 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,273 times
I'm sure Portlandia on a shoestring budget will be just as difficult, but good luck.

When you want to move somewhere knew, the only way to do it is...

1. Savings.
2. Employment
3. Housing secured
4. Move.

In that order. Anything else really lowers your chance of success and happiness.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:13 PM

12,408 posts, read 9,510,794 times
The northwest is certainly also a nice region, but if you're having roomies that's always going to be a risk, no matter what region you're living in. It's not like there will be "better people" in the northwest than the northeast, if that's what you're thinking. If you don't know them ahead of time, it's going to be just a roll of the dice. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire