Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2010, 08:19 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
I most certainly agree on how quaint and picturesque Freedom is! When I was there I thought I was a character in a Mark Twain novel!
Freedom indeed is a great small town and if you like fishing that is the place to be. Except you will also get a lot of mosquitoes and other nasty flying insect varmints because of all the bogs and surface water. But to make up for the mosquitoes and other flying varmints you get lots of fascinating fire flies especially after a intense loud thunderstorm.

A good place to stay is the Freedom house Bed & Breakfast!
Never been there during the 4th of July but it ain't a far ride from Lincoln & Woodstock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 09:22 AM

8,514 posts, read 4,492,508 times
I LOVE Freedom NH. It's a beautiful little village that actually is now "larger" than it used to be. I still have friends who live there.

I've been to this event, but probably will not be able to make it this year, maybe next year. It's Freedom Old Home Week.

Here's the link: Freedom Old Home Week - Freedom, New Hampshire

Old 05-15-2010, 06:57 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
I LOVE Freedom NH. It's a beautiful little village that actually is now "larger" than it used to be. I still have friends who live there.

I've been to this event, but probably will not be able to make it this year, maybe next year. It's Freedom Old Home Week.

Here's the link: Freedom Old Home Week - Freedom, New Hampshire
My parents want to retire near the Ossipee Lakes region. Looking for an older property... Not many good ones come up for sale in that area. Saw a property with Ossipee river frontage.. in a FLOOD ZONE. HA.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:15 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
That really is a nice area.I hope to move back fulltime as soon as i sell this place down here.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:18 PM

^
Carroll County is one of the nicest parts of NH IMO. It is also the most affordable (in terms of property taxes) compared to every other county in the state.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:31 AM

141 posts, read 282,416 times
Default carroll county

I really have to agree with you Granite. My sister raise 5 wonderful children there! Also has lots of beautuful fall colors!

Old 05-22-2010, 08:52 AM

Smile Carroll County & Coos County

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
^
Carroll County is one of the nicest parts of NH IMO. It is also the most affordable (in terms of property taxes) compared to every other county in the state.
I would certainly have to agree with you about your comments on the affordability of Carroll County. Great fishing as well and sailing too!

However, if you like the North Country Coos County really rocks!!!!

Old 05-22-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I really have to agree with you Granite. My sister raise 5 wonderful children there! Also has lots of beautuful fall colors!
What part of the county? It is a pretty large area.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:31 PM

141 posts, read 282,416 times
Default Near Conway

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
What part of the county? It is a pretty large area.
She is outside of Conway and has a very pretty place. Great place to raise a family!

Old 05-27-2010, 09:45 AM

Thumbs up Tamworth

Quote:
She is outside of Conway and has a very pretty place. Great place to raise a family!
Yes, Conway is a very beautiful area!

I also think Tamworth is a perfect place to be if you like fishing and just being in a very quaint small town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire