Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 28,178 times

Advertisements

If so where do I want to stay away from if I decide to move there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 04:48 PM

3 posts, read 42,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH??? View Post
Nashua overall is a good city to live in as long as you dont live in downtown... Cause there are TWO BAD NEIGHBORHOODS...The Tree Streets and French Hill...And when I say bad I mean prolly the most crime-ridden neighborhoods in the state of NH...

THE TREE STREETS are horrible! Its the only neighborhood in NAshua where minorities are the majority and the cops are not friendly...This area is KNOWN for being the BIRTHPLACE of GANGS in the state of NH...There is prostitution, drug-dealing, violence, and it is the GANG CAPITAL of NH...Gangs such as FOLK, LATIN KINGS, and DA FAM run this neighborhood...But F.O.L.K is always in the newspaper for robbin, stabbing, or jumping somebody...And even more recently drive-by SHOOTINGS...It is also home of the infamous "TRAILZ" A concrete path that runs parallel of West Hollis Street through da HEART of the neighborhood...People, smoke, drink, and whatever else there and Gangs mark there territory all throughout this path...Over this last year there have been a series of gang-related shootings...A few ehere houses have been shot up and even one instance where a guy was shot down in the middle of the street

FRENCH HILL is bad too but isnt always in the news like da tree steets is. There is a lot of drug dealing and gang activity in that neighborhood as well as RASICM...GAngs such as LDP, Bloods, and TRINITARIOS leave graffiti all over the neighborhood.The last few years Blacks and LAtinos (specifically Dominicans) have moved into this neighborhood. White people there hate it and you'll hear about da minority gangz fightin da white gangs such as FHO (French Hill Originals) because of this hatred.Things have died down in this neighborhood butit has a reputation for gang violence, drugs, racism, and more recently even a few drive-by-shootingz...The TRINITARIOS aka PATRIA live in this neighborhood...They carry machetes and gunz...Unlike folk they dont mess with no-one unless you disrespect them 1st so unless you gang-related u dont have to worry about them

My son has just recently graduated from high school in Nashua...The schools here are great...And its a GREAT city to live in...I recommend SOUTH NASHUA to any one tryna live in the city...But PLZ dont move downtown cuz it makes this great city look BAD.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:14 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,065,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH??? View Post
"As bad"- No, not at all. I would gladly stroll through the worst part of Nashua over a so-so area of say- any major large city.

That said there are less desirable areas (the "tree streets" being one of them); but the other 99% of Nashua is very nice- there are nice areas close to downtown as well as nice areas further out where its little developments with newer homes.

Every city, every town, no matter how small- has its "problem" areas. In a town of 100; it's that "one family", in a town of 70k; it's those few streets...

While I have no doubt that there may be gang activity here (just like there are meth labs and neo-nazis in the "friendly rural-midwest"), Nashua is a fantastic place to live with lots to offer, decent schools, and a crime rate WELL below the national average.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:03 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,048,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashua101 View Post
Nashua overall is a good city to live in as long as you dont live in downtown... Cause there are TWO BAD NEIGHBORHOODS...The Tree Streets and French Hill...And when I say bad I mean prolly the most crime-ridden neighborhoods in the state of NH...

THE TREE STREETS are horrible! Its the only neighborhood in NAshua where minorities are the majority and the cops are not friendly...This area is KNOWN for being the BIRTHPLACE of GANGS in the state of NH...There is prostitution, drug-dealing, violence, and it is the GANG CAPITAL of NH...Gangs such as FOLK, LATIN KINGS, and DA FAM run this neighborhood...But F.O.L.K is always in the newspaper for robbin, stabbing, or jumping somebody...And even more recently drive-by SHOOTINGS...It is also home of the infamous "TRAILZ" A concrete path that runs parallel of West Hollis Street through da HEART of the neighborhood...People, smoke, drink, and whatever else there and Gangs mark there territory all throughout this path...Over this last year there have been a series of gang-related shootings...A few ehere houses have been shot up and even one instance where a guy was shot down in the middle of the street

FRENCH HILL is bad too but isnt always in the news like da tree steets is. There is a lot of drug dealing and gang activity in that neighborhood as well as RASICM...GAngs such as LDP, Bloods, and TRINITARIOS leave graffiti all over the neighborhood.The last few years Blacks and LAtinos (specifically Dominicans) have moved into this neighborhood. White people there hate it and you'll hear about da minority gangz fightin da white gangs such as FHO (French Hill Originals) because of this hatred.Things have died down in this neighborhood butit has a reputation for gang violence, drugs, racism, and more recently even a few drive-by-shootingz...The TRINITARIOS aka PATRIA live in this neighborhood...They carry machetes and gunz...Unlike folk they dont mess with no-one unless you disrespect them 1st so unless you gang-related u dont have to worry about them

My son has just recently graduated from high school in Nashua...The schools here are great...And its a GREAT city to live in...I recommend SOUTH NASHUA to any one tryna live in the city...But PLZ dont move downtown cuz it makes this great city look BAD.
While the tree streets, and french hill may not be the most desirable areas in Nashua, saying Nashua is the worst isn't saying much when NH is considered the safest state in the US (2x in a row).

Safest States - WalletPop

If you think Nashua is bad, you haven't traveled much. Nashua is nothing like Newark, Mattapan or the like in crime.

And what should minorities--"specifically Dominicans"--have to do with anything? Drugs, crime etc can and do happen in cities as well as small towns, regardless of demographics.

BTW, I travel through the tree streets often and I don't see nearly the graffiti you appear to be seeing.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:14 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,238,039 times
I know a police officer in Nashua and he told me to stay away from his town when I move there. He said he works there but would never live there.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:33 PM

Bigfoot- not sure what parts of VA you are from; but the "worst" parts of Nashua are probably on par with the "so-so" (not worst, but not best) parts of Roanoke, Arlington, or Richmond. That said- the "worst" parts of Nashua are also at least 5x smaller than the "worst" parts of those cities I just named above from VA.

It's all relative, compared to the "nice" 90% of Nashua the "bad" 10% parts are really bad; but compared to the "bad" parts of most other places its pretty low key. Crime statistics paint a pretty rosy picture for a reason.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the "bad" areas are to be ignored, just that discussions of "how bad is Nashua" in context of most other large US towns/cities is really out of context.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:17 PM

7 posts, read 55,849 times
Where us the safest, nicest town in NH?

Old 03-07-2010, 06:19 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,033,177 times
well that's entirely a matter of opinion (of which we have quite a few). I think there's a whole thread somewhere on it.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:22 PM

5 posts, read 39,033 times
I was in Nashua for a few days last week and found it to be a rather awful.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:38 AM

We felt the same when we visited for a few days the first time. It ended up we were no-where near any of the "neat" stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire