Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 05:07 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
...and I still fail to see the point overall other then racist idiots live in both South Jersrey and North Jersey and they represent the attitudes of the majority in neither area.
Point me to where i said anything of the sort (south jersey is a hot bed of racism). I'm waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
Why did he bring up those counties.
To prove north jersey has racists too. You didn't realize that?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:58 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,878,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
To prove north jersey has racists too. You didn't realize that?
I just meant that you came off as defensive hah.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
I just meant that you came off as defensive hah.
I asked a simple question. How is that defensive. I live in the area he was talking about so I just was curious. But it turns out it wasn't my area. We have no racists here!

I have said NOTHING about S.Jersey being racist.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:12 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Willingboro didn't have a great reputation when it was white & called Levittown. You obviously want to have a problem, so have one.

Here's the thing. You aren't the 1st person to come down from North Jersey to snag cheap real estate but decided that South Jersey wasn't all that. My mother always said "If you look for trouble, you'll surely find it."
I will have to go back and read the thread,because I didn't read that it didn't have a great reputation in the 60's.
I read it went downhill in the 80's,but will read furthur.

I think the main problem here is that folks in north Jersey and folks in south Jersey have different ideas of what makes town great. For example,I see nothing special about Moorestown and Collingswood.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:18 PM

171 posts, read 416,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I asked a simple question. How is that defensive. I live in the area he was talking about so I just was curious. But it turns out it wasn't my area. We have no racists here!

I have said NOTHING about S.Jersey being racist.
When I lived there, people were pretty racist. Just saying.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I will have to go back and read the thread,because I didn't read that it didn't have a great reputation in the 60's.

I think the main problem here is that folks in north Jersey and folks in south Jersey have different ideas of what makes town great. For example,I see nothing special about Moorestown and Collingswood.
Real estate is cheaper down there. That's pretty special.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:00 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Real estate is cheaper down there. That's pretty special.
Yes,that's partially true.
Moorestown isnt that much cheaper than say,a comparible northern Nj town....maybe Cranford.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:23 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

I don't give a rat's patoot what any thread says. I was living in South Jersey in the 60s. Cherry Hill & Levittown were both building up & most of the builders in Cherry Hill were building better quality houses than Mr. Levitt. That is the root of the problem that people have had for all of these years. Who moved where is beside the point. The schools in Willingboro & Cherry Hill were about equal in the 60s. The schools in Willingboro took a nose dive while it was still mostly white.

I think that you came on here to stir up trouble with your racism charges.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:42 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenWood View Post
If you're doing three standard 12-hour shifts per week and getting paid each week of the year, that's ~$65k verus ~$50k, pre-tax. That's a little under a 25% pay-grade reduction, which would be a wash if you're comparing areas of similar affluence. For example, $50k in Voorhees = $65k in Manalapan.
Manalapan? That's not North Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia