Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:08 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
go study some legal terms
it wouldnt help unless u wore it on a holster locked and loaded
most people wouldnt
who said anything about legal terms? since when is the "law" the one that defines the meaning of words? laws change too much and are interpreted differently by different people for you to try to send me to "legal terms" in challenging what i said. if someone beats the crap out of someone else; thats hate to me.

you dont have to wear it on you. guns should be placed in areas in the house that you have easy access to. if they were somewhere in the room that she was in; she may have had an opportunity to grab it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 AM

690 posts, read 964,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
No, he probably wasn't high. He was coming off and wanted to get high again! Hood mentality? Really? So everyone who lives in the inner city, and all black people want to beat white people up? Just like all white people want slavery back, right? CRIMINALS do this crap. He would have beat her up if she was black, Latina, or anything else. If you have NO evidence of it being a hate crime, you can NOT say it is.
Not all crimes are hate crimes, regardless of what some racist apologists want to say. When you target someone due to race, religion, sexual orientation, nationality etc.. THAT is a hate crime!
did i say that? u said that
i said that many people in the ghetto feel angry (understadably) at what they view as privileged white people who got it easy and knew no struggle like them
some of them snap like this guy

Last edited by Stechkin; 06-26-2013 at 10:22 AM..

Old 06-26-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
who said anything about legal terms? since when is the "law" the one that defines the meaning of words? laws change too much and are interpreted differently by different people for you to try to send me to "legal terms" in challenging what i said. if someone beats the crap out of someone else; thats hate to me.

you dont have to wear it on you. guns should be placed in areas in the house that you have easy access to. if they were somewhere in the room that she was in; she may have had an opportunity to grab it.
so all violent crimes are hate crimes huh
gang members killing each other for the drug turf and profits are hate crimes? armed robberies are hate crimes? organized crime involving killing witnesses and rivals are hate crimes?
and thats a brilliant idea to have a loaded gun in a living room, esp with little kids around
unless u believe she would have the time to open the safe, put the bullets in and shoot, which is unlikely unless u watch too many movies

Old 06-26-2013, 10:13 AM

461 posts, read 911,805 times
Quote:
cuz i know the hood mentality
u dont just beat someone like that for nothing or if u wan rob em, she wasnt resisting, and he wasnt high, u can see how he is coordinated and carefully closed the ent center door so he could continue to beat her ass
there is no excuse for this behavior, but i understand why its happening, and many people feel like that in the ghetto and wouldnt pass up a chance to beat some white people ass

Yes because all black men have the hood mentality, especially when they break into a white persons home. You don't know the motives behind this act. How do you know this is the ghetto? Have you seen the neighborhood where this took place?

You can't assume this is racially or class-based motivated. All you can truly gather is this is a very angry person brutally attacking an unarmed woman with her child present. Stop trying to make this a racially motivated act. Not everything bad thing that involves two different races is racial.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalaeon View Post

Yes because all black men have the hood mentality, especially when they break into a white persons home. You don't know the motives behind this act. How do you know this is the ghetto? Have you seen the neighborhood where this took place?

You can't assume this is racially or class-based motivated. All you can truly gather is this is a very angry person brutally attacking an unarmed woman with her child present. Stop trying to make this a racially motivated act. Not everything bad thing that involves two different races is racial.
yes i have seen it, its a wealthy mostly white area, i didnt say this happened in the ghetto, u must not be understanding what i said, i said people in the ghetto think like that a lot, obviously implying he prolly came from the ghetto to do this burglary that turned into assault

Old 06-26-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
so all violent crimes are hate crimes huh
gang members killing each other for the drug turf and profits are hate crimes? armed robberies are hate crimes? organized crime involving killing witnesses and rivals are hate crimes?
and thats a brilliant idea to have a loaded gun in a living room, esp with little kids around
unless u believe she would have the time to open the safe, put the pullets in and shoot, which is unlikely unless u watch too many movies
yes. the most important aspect is that they are all equal. I didn't really mean to get into a debate about what constitutes a "hate crime." the point is that the designation is meaningless; the important thing is the same and that is that an innocent person was violently attacked by a criminal.

what good is an unloaded gun going to do you? there are fingerprint safes that give you quick access to your loaded gun while preventing people from accessing it. without the gun, she is completely at the mercy of the violent criminal.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
yes. the most important aspect is that they are all equal. I didn't really mean to get into a debate about what constitutes a "hate crime." the point is that the designation is meaningless; the important thing is the same and that is that an innocent person was violently attacked by a criminal.

what good is an unloaded gun going to do you? there are fingerprint safes that give you quick access to your loaded gun while preventing people from accessing it. without the gun, she is completely at the mercy of the violent criminal.
i feel like she wouldnt have the time to get the gun anyway, but i guess thats debateable
someone comes in, u cant shoot em for no reason, maybe its a neighbor or whoever else, by the time she found out he was a criminal he was already beating her

Old 06-26-2013, 10:30 AM

461 posts, read 911,805 times
Quote:
yes i have seen it, its a wealthy mostly white area, i didnt say this happened in the ghetto, u must not be understanding what i said, i said people in the ghetto think like that a lot, obviously implying he prolly came from the ghetto to do this burglary that turned into assault
You're right. I misunderstood what you said. However, stop speculating on what may or may not have been his reasoning. You just can't assume things.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
i feel like she wouldnt have the time to get the gun anyway, but i guess thats debateable
someone comes in, u cant shoot em for no reason, maybe its a neighbor or whoever else, by the time she found out he was a criminal he was already beating her
neighbors don't have the right to come in. if a woman is home and someone comes in, there should be an understanding that she shouldn't hesitate to shoot. there are no guarantees but in this case it seemed like this lady was left with possible opportunities to grab a gun.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:06 AM

189 posts, read 582,756 times
Not enough information is known yet to say definitely that this was a hate crime. More likely, this guy suspected that no one was home because there were no cars and the curtains were closed and it was during working hours. He broke in, saw the woman, and then beat her up so that he could commit the crime he initially intended to commit which was theft. Assuming it is a hate crime simply because the man is black is racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey