Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 12:22 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Ok, what ever.....in a few years we will more then likely be speaking to each other in Spanish as no one in Washington has the gonats to end this crap
Ah, there you go - screw the facts, I want it anyway, even if it won't work, it'll drastically increase income taxes when I'm complaining about my taxes anyway, because I can blame the government for not doing something about it...

c'mon now :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 12:26 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Ok, what ever.....in a few years we will more then likely be speaking to each other in Spanish as no one in Washington has the gonats to end this crap

I just wish really really wish that legal immigrants from other countries..India, China, Russia et al band together and file a discrimination suit as nothing is printed in their native tongue...we just continue to bend over for illegal Latin & Central American immigrants
It's not inculcated in Asian cultures to complain about economic disparities, by and large. These folks tend to roll up their sleeves and succeed. With that said, if the person is here illegally, they are breaking the law, regardless of origin, Mexico, Thailand, Britain, etc.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:43 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
It's not inculcated in Asian cultures to complain about economic disparities, by and large. These folks tend to roll up their sleeves and succeed. With that said, if the person is here illegally, they are breaking the law, regardless of origin, Mexico, Thailand, Britain, etc.
I know! Asians have a different work ethic for sure
My point was we just cow tow to the illegal Hispanics....when was the last time you seen a government document printed in Russian?? But right there along side English is Spanish

Old 05-21-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Which takes us back to "its wrong because its illegal".

Old 05-21-2008, 04:05 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
Latin America is nothing but a cesspool of corruption, drugs, gangs, racism, classism, hyper-sexuality, ignorance, and political/social/economic dysfunction. Unchecked immigration from this part of the world is a threat to Democracy itself. I'm a liberal on most issues, but I'm firmly against the Latinization of the USA.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:08 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Latin America is nothing but a cesspool of corruption, drugs, gangs, racism, classism, hyper-sexuality, ignorance, and political/social/economic dysfunction. Unchecked immigration from this part of the world is a threat to Democracy itself. I'm a liberal on most issues, but I'm firmly against the Latinization of the USA.
I think most on both sides agree with you - it's more about how to properly handle the issue... what "they" are doing at the moment, isn't working.They = Those Old crusty republicans in Washington : )

Old 05-21-2008, 04:53 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
I have a feeling that the GOP is actually enjoying the social backlash against illegal immigration and are coming up with some long term strategies to capitalize on it. Liberals who support illegal immigration are engaging in self-defeating liberalism.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
I have a feeling that the GOP is actually enjoying the social backlash against illegal immigration and are coming up with some long term strategies to capitalize on it. Liberals who support illegal immigration are engaging in self-defeating liberalism.
Well I'd hate to break it to you, but I'm far from a liberal

Old 05-22-2008, 07:00 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Well I'd hate to break it to you, but I'm far from a liberal
I know which is why I'm stunned by your stance on illegals..it's most definitely the veiw point of the most liberals of the liberals...

Old 05-22-2008, 07:39 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
I think the reason most liberals support illegal immigration is they view that after these folks become naturalized, they become like-minded voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey