Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:45 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
The Race card--- Oh boy do I love it. Im sorry someone used it on you.

Willie Randolph used it on me and evry other Met fan who thinks he stinks.
I think we will be hearing alot about the race card heading toward November.

Such a patheitc card to use.
I never called anyone a racist...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 09:46 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
But I do if I feel I'm being made out to be racist with out some one not even knowing who or what I am and what my family is..my DIL is 1/2 puerto Rican and 1/2 mexican but gee her grandparents came here legally..the Mexican one
Used quite often by the open borders lobby. You see people against illegal immigration are against it because not only are they breaking the law and cutting in front of people who do it the right way-they also are an extreme strain on American schools, hospitals and the economy. The OBL know this. However, labeling someone a racist is viewed by many as worse than murder these days. Labeling someone a racist gets attention. By calling you that, they don't have to have a civil, intelligent, debate and they change the subject. Often used by the OBL when they know that they are losing an argument.

It is not about race- I could care less where the hell you come from. If you are illegal we don't want you here. An illegal is an illegal is an illegal.

Nicolem

Old 05-22-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Again, where is your compassion for Americans? Your posts are about middle class and working people a lot. What about these American cleaners? Don't they matter? Oh-only illegal lawbreakers matter. I don't care if it was me or a stranger. Any American who loses his job to an illegal-well that is disgusting and thus just proves that it is plain garbage that "Americans refuse to do these jobs"

Well as a matter of fact he and other people have voiced their complaints on numerous occasions. The contract is up in August and hopefully they will be all gone. The company has an annual survey and then meet as a group with HR. Guess what? Medical beneifts are going up, raises were pitiful but one of the biggest complaints was about these illegals. So my husband and others are doing something about it and hopefully Americans will be back in August.

Nicolem
I don't remember saying I support it...I think my arguement was that until American companies and American's stop hiring them or utilizing businesses that hire them...the issue will never get resolved. I do my part as an American... I don't hire illegals nor do I support others who do. I'm glad hubby and others spoke up... that's a great start. Now are you getting what I am trying to convey?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
No I do not. And whenever I hire a sub, I make sure that they don't either! As a result, my profit margin is much lower than my competitors. Seems a few in here work for companies that do hire illegals? I ask you the same question, shouldn't you quit your job in protest?
Well if that is the case-thank you for doing what you can to ensure only Americans and those here legally get hired. I think it is horrible how many companies-especially a lot of mom and pop's who have been driven out of business for simply playing by the rules and do it the right way.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Well if that is the case-thank you for doing what you can to ensure only Americans and those here legally get hired. I think it is horrible how many companies-especially a lot of mom and pop's who have been driven out of business for simply playing by the rules and do it the right way.
: ) Now, go back and read Mike Gravel's statement on how he thinks we should handle the issue and you'll find that he is, for the most part, in agreement with what we are saying should be done! Stop the demand and the supply will disappear : ) And tell hubby to stay on top of his employers until they agree : )

Old 05-22-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I don't remember saying I support it...I think my arguement was that until American companies and American's stop hiring them or utilizing businesses that hire them...the issue will never get resolved. I do my part as an American... I don't hire illegals nor do I support others who do. I'm glad hubby and others spoke up... that's a great start. Now are you getting what I am trying to convey?
I understand what you are trying to convey. However you seem to put no blame on the illegals and that is I guess where you and I part. To me they are as equally to blame. There are plenty of people who are hungry, poor what ever and don't break the law.

I wish more people would take a stand. I have been involved in this fight for a long time-when the first illegals started riding their bikes up and down Rt 37 over 10 years ago. My congressman and Senator's staff know my voice because I am constantly calling when it comes to this. I have been to protests and rallys. I seek out not only companies that hire Americans and legals but I also try to shop made in this country products and patronize mom and pops who play by the rules. Unfortunately too many people don't care or have their head in the sand.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
I understand what you are trying to convey. However you seem to put no blame on the illegals and that is I guess where you and I part. To me they are as equally to blame. There are plenty of people who are hungry, poor what ever and don't break the law.

I wish more people would take a stand. I have been involved in this fight for a long time-when the first illegals started riding their bikes up and down Rt 37 over 10 years ago. My congressman and Senator's staff know my voice because I am constantly calling when it comes to this. I have been to protests and rallys. I seek out not only companies that hire Americans and legals but I also try to shop made in this country products and patronize mom and pops who play by the rules. Unfortunately too many people don't care or have their head in the sand.
I don't blame the illegals one bit! If you're walking down the street and you see a hundred dollar bill laying there...are you going to step over it and keep walking because it belongs to someone else? Or are you going to pick it up and put it in your pocket? Ok, I'll add there's not a sole in site..no houses, no cars, no old ladies carrying groceries..so you can't claim the "i'd ask everyone first if they dropped it" story : ) Or...say you call 3 contractors to come out to your house to give you a quote for a new deck...all three who show up are American...driving American cars, etc. The first two guys give you a price of 10K but the last guy gives you a quote for 7K... who do you hire? And if they show up with immigrants...are you going to question him to see if they are illegal or not? Of course not! You just got the deal of a life time! Until American's "act" vs. "complain", it will not stop!

Old 05-22-2008, 10:27 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
I don't blame the illegals one bit! If you're walking down the street and you see a hundred dollar bill laying there...are you going to step over it and keep walking because it belongs to someone else? Or are you going to pick it up and put it in your pocket? Ok, I'll add there's not a sole in site..no houses, no cars, no old ladies carrying groceries..so you can't claim the "i'd ask everyone first if they dropped it" story : ) Or...say you call 3 contractors to come out to your house to give you a quote for a new deck...all three who show up are American...driving American cars, etc. The first two guys give you a price of 10K but the last guy gives you a quote for 7K... who do you hire? And if they show up with immigrants...are you going to question him to see if they are illegal or not? Of course not! You just got the deal of a life time! Until American's "act" vs. "complain", it will not stop!
Comparing a stray 100 bill on a sidewalk to illegals is like comapring a raisin to a grapefruit>>

I make a point of finding out who is working for me....I use roofers contractors that have been in my area for decades...and yes I wouldn't hesitate to ask for documentation

Old 05-22-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Comparing a stray 100 bill on a sidewalk to illegals is like comapring a raisin to a grapefruit>>

I make a point of finding out who is working for me....I use roofers contractors that have been in my area for decades...and yes I wouldn't hesitate to ask for documentation
Well done..but you still work for a company that hires illegals : )

Old 05-22-2008, 10:45 AM

222 posts, read 1,026,053 times
Give the illegals a green card and a path to citizenship that includes learning English with American History and culture. Fine employers that hire workers without green cards. I wouldn't mind this at all.

But I do mind that I have to pay their medical bills when they go to the hospital emergency room for yearly check-ups. And I do mind that I have to pay for ESL classes in the schools when they can't speak English. And I'm sure I'm probably paying for some of their kids lunches too. That's not cool. If you're not paying into the system, I'm damn sure not going to pay for you to stay here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey