Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:07 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,663,068 times

Advertisements

Cu...this is so you! Here's the link : ))) movie extra Jobs in - NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 10:14 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,783,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post

I WANT IT.

Target trumps Walmart for me, always has. Unfortunately, there isn't one close, as you all know.... so I'm kind've anxious. Where in Hackettstown? I can send the gf to it to buy me stuff after her classes
if you were to walk through the woods/brush next to Lowe's (or follow the overhead wires), you'd eventually get to 46 and into the new Target parking lot.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I was just thinking about you..saw an add for movie extras..$100.00/day - That would be cool..take a few vacation days off work - get paid plus make $100.00/day : ))
The Target is on Rt. 46 - at the bottom of hackettstown mountain across from Blockbuster. Technically..it may be in Washington? or Little Washington? I can't wait!
it's technically in Long Valley, we get the ratables!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post

Fine! We've got er ummm..lets see.... ok..thinking..thinking... Soon to be opened "Johnsonburg Hotel/Restaurant/Bar" so there!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
if you were to walk through the woods/brush next to Lowe's (or follow the overhead wires), you'd eventually get to 46 and into the new Target parking lot.
They..the infamous "they" were supposed to open a road from 57 at the intersection of 24/mountain avenue which was to run directly into the A&P..or old A&P shopping center. I wonder if that's still in the works? It would actually be a great addition!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:24 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,693,801 times
Quote:
I was just thinking about you..saw an add for movie extras..$100.00/day - That would be cool..take a few vacation days off work - get paid plus make $100.00/day : ))
The Target is on Rt. 46 - at the bottom of hackettstown mountain across from Blockbuster. Technically..it may be in Washington? or Little Washington? I can't wait!
Hmm, I don't go on 46 much, but I have an idea as to where its at...

Quote:
Cu...this is so you! Here's the link : ))) movie extra Jobs in - NJ.com
Nah, thats my sister. Seriously. She's 16 now, been in loads of commercials, a few industrial films, went on tour dancing, been called for dancing in the russian ballet (too short at the time though, she was only 14 iirc), etc, etc. She is the star in the family

Quote:
Ah! Ok now thats a reference I can work with (I only go to Lowe's or Home Depot in Hackettstown... and IHOP. Thats about it )

Old 07-30-2008, 10:24 AM

9,392 posts, read 20,894,803 times
Quote:
This is an unfortunate consequence of "home rule": namely, the towns put these big box stores on the fringes of the town near the border, they get the ratables, but the adjacent town more often than not shoulders the burden when it comes to infrastructure pressure, which in turn is invariably passed onto the local tax payer. In your case, LV gives the "FU" to Washington and Hackettstown.

This pattern is repeated throughout the state of NJ (LV is hardly the only guilty practitioner), and frankly, it sucks. The result of this is unfettered sprawl.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
They..the infamous "they" were supposed to open a road from 57 at the intersection of 24/mountain avenue which was to run directly into the A&P..or old A&P shopping center. I wonder if that's still in the works? It would actually be a great addition!
they've been trying this for 30+ years - probably won't happen - environmental issues I believe. LV is strongly fighting it too.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
This is an unfortunate consequence of "home rule": namely, the towns put these big box stores on the fringes of the town near the border, they get the ratables, but the adjacent town more often than not shoulders the burden when it comes to infrastructure pressure, which in turn is invariably passed onto the local tax payer. In your case, LV gives the "FU" to Washington and Hackettstown.

This pattern is repeated throughout the state of NJ (LV is hardly the only guilty practitioner), and frankly, it sucks. The result of this is unfettered sprawl.
well, i know what you're saying, but hackettstown and mansfield are much worse offenders. see my post above to wiley about a bypass. h'town wants the bypass through LV because their roads are clogged with ppl going to shop at Walmart, Kohl's, Lowe's, etc, so now they want to impact LV and residential areas because THEY decided to build all these big box stores? No way Jose.

I always say the biggest mistake Secaucus ever made was not allowing Giants Stadium to be built there (they were asked first). Now they get all the traffic with none of the benefits .

Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post

Ah! Ok now thats a reference I can work with (I only go to Lowe's or Home Depot in Hackettstown... and IHOP. Thats about it )
It's < 5 mins from IHOP! Straight through that light, make a right at 46, and it's right there on the left. Maybe we'll have a get together there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey