Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 06:22 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkLexee View Post
My sister lives in Hobbs (where we were born and raised) and has property in Ruidoso...they worry more every year about fire. Hobbs has had at least one already. She's always tellin' me.... PRAY FOR RAIN!!!

Ya'll hang in!!
We saw the results West of Hobbs. It looked to be several hundred acres. Also the charred remains of a whole host of pasture land West of Artesia. Not good. Please be vigilant out there!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 06:30 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,364,080 times
So glad all you folks are safe and sound.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:46 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Yes, thanks for posting the big smily face.
Glad you made it home safely.
Geez, I did a rain ritual last month and it rained but not enough.

Ya wouldn't have happened to be turned towards TN when you did it, were you? I so wanted to send y'all some rain. Yesterday was the first day since Sunday, April 19th that we had no rain. Supposed to start back up again tomorrow.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:55 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeweld View Post
Jane, Thanks for keeping us informed when we where in Timberon!!! You where a saving grace letting us know where Song and C. where, and all the other info you passed to the MIL!!!
It was my pleasure I enjoy your in-laws. Can't wait to see them again..
Jane

Old 05-10-2009, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,213 times
Hello, First of all I want to send out my thoughts and prayers to all of you in Timberon. I was wondering if any knows where the houses are that were burned? Big thanks to all the firefighters that helped to get this under control.
God Bless
Kat in SD formally NM

Old 05-11-2009, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Native USAF View Post
Hello, First of all I want to send out my thoughts and prayers to all of you in Timberon. I was wondering if any knows where the houses are that were burned? Big thanks to all the firefighters that helped to get this under control.
God Bless
Kat in SD formally NM
Go to Timberon Development Council click on Buckwood Fire and that will show the area. They were south of watertank 2. If one of the gals from Timberon come on they would know the streets.

If you know the street you are worried about please post that.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:50 AM

16 posts, read 28,878 times
Good Morning everyone. I am one of the 'Newbies" who started posting after the fire. I would like to stay in touch, so is there an ongoing chat not so much related to the fire where people keep in touch?
By the way, thanks for popping Bill Wausson's suspenders!!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmac9052 View Post
Good Morning everyone. I am one of the 'Newbies" who started posting after the fire. I would like to stay in touch, so is there an ongoing chat not so much related to the fire where people keep in touch?
The New Mexico Chat thread works, but this may continue with those that want to keep in touch about Timberon. Chime in on any thread. Welcome to our group

Old 05-11-2009, 08:12 AM

143 posts, read 364,900 times
Default First thread on NM page

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmac9052 View Post

The *Official* NM chat thread is always the the 1st one listed on the NM forum.

Stop in & say 'hello'.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:19 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
It's amazing to me how this thread has generated more responses in less than a week than all but 2 other threads in the entire NM forum, minus stickys. It goes a long way in underscoring the character and sense of community that seems so evident up in the Sacramento Mountains. It really is a testament to all of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico