Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 10:48 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,329,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhilly View Post
I was recently contacted to come in for an interview - it's been so long since applications started I had forgotten I'd applied! I can't seem to find any details on the building besides exterior photos.

Does anyone know if tenants have moved in yet? Are there any interior photos or floor plans anywhere? Or details on amenities?

Thanks in advance to anyone with more info to provide
I live a few blocks from this building. I passed it a few days ago and it looks completed but empty. However, they could be finishing up a few more things before it's move in ready. I know a few weeks ago there was still scaffolding up (around Feb/March). I'll take a walk by on my way home to see if it looks like lights are on in any apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 02:54 PM

6 posts, read 8,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readysteady View Post
Most of us had our interviews in October and haven't heard back since. Maybe they are just completely starting over!!
I guess everyone's still in the dark on this one. Will have to wait and see...

Old 05-16-2015, 05:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,817 times
Default Elliot J. Hobbs Lottery

Hello everyone, I've been following this and the Hunter's Point lottery for some time but never commented. Thank you all for the insight into the process that you've provided. I was interviewed for elliot j. Hobbs on April 6th by the same Santiago. Santiago emailed interview letters at 4:30 pm on Thursday April 2nd for an interview on Monday morning. Why wasn't he surprised when so many people didn't have all of the required documents. Anyway, his list of required documents that he emailed asked for the 2013 tax return and w2's, Once at the interview he asks for 2014 I informed him that your letter asks for 2013 only. I emailed the 2014 that afternoon once I picked up from my accountants office and a different form which was given for the first time at the interview which was a landlord verification form. The interview email asks for a letter from the landlord now he would like to have this verification form instead. I emailed to my management place at some copy and fax center I found on Jamaica avenue. Before leaving, I asked Santiago when would I hear back about a decision. I was told 3-4 weeks by mail.

In the meantime, I have emailed to make sure all of my documents were received, no replies. And I have called and left voice messages with no call back. Which is ok, I understand they are very busy. But today I receive an email stating that I have 5 days to turn in my 2014 tax return and landlord verification form. What pisses me off is that the letter that was emailed is addressed to someone else so I'm not sure if I am missing these documents or she is and secondly if someone had responded in the last month I could have already rectified this . The letter says fax, mail or email required documents. But I'd feel better if I could drop them off in person which I asked in reply, let's see if I get a response before I show up there.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:16 AM

110 posts, read 212,013 times
I just got the '5-Day' notice too- I last heard from them in Oct at my interview.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,826 times
hey guys your responses have been very helpful over the past couple of months when i felt like this listing was dead after no one was hearing back. From what i've learned from someone working at the site they've recently (march) stopped construction and were waiting of inspections. Has anyone gotten some clarity on when this would me move in ready?

thank you in advance

Old 05-26-2015, 05:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,817 times
From what I saw on the department of buildings website last week this site just obtained the certificate of occupancy on 05/14. Not sure how long it will be now before they start contacting people

Old 05-27-2015, 02:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,780 times
I had my appointment yesterday to drop off documentation. Santiago said 15 individuals have been approved already to move in, and he is making it his personal goal to have everyone moved in by June 30th.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:18 AM

Any updates on this? Has anyone heard anything from Wavecrest recently?

Old 06-26-2015, 12:42 PM

110 posts, read 212,013 times
Hi, has anyone moved in? Visited finished apts etc??

Old 06-26-2015, 05:23 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. Haven't heard anything new about move-ins, apartments,etc. I'm surprised there hasn't been any info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery